15 Year Old Shot at Solomons Landing

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
I'm just trying to take a reasoned approach to this. Looks like we've got two camps forming in this thread, as usual - Either "They're just kids!" or "Kill 'em all!" And I'm not going to jump on either bandwagon.

I agree that older teenagers can pose just as much a threat to your safety as somebody who is 18 or older. There are situations where firing a gun would be necessary. And I mentioned as much in my response.

I don't know any of the people involved in this incident, but on the face of it, it appears that the shotgun was overkill in this situation. Maybe I'm wrong - maybe Mr. Arminger had exhausted all his other options. The fact that the teenager was hit on the backside doesn't help his case, though. :shrug:

Edited to add: I also don't mean to imply any sympathy for the kid, either. I think they should have made him pick out the shot himself. Maybe give him a bullet to bite, but that's it.

Maybe he also kept stoking the fires by yelling at the kids and not acting like the older and wiser 'elderly' gentlemen he is supposed to be.
The kids aren't innocent, he's not innocent and they all need to be prosecuted for whatever crimes they all committed.
You just can't go pulling out guns in a neighborhood. He was clearly in the wrong on that.

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Some people on Baynet are commenting on the boy's injury, stating that he was hit with something other than a few pellets and that his femur was shattered.

Attachments

• What's your take.jpg
    What's your take.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 70

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
I guess you'd have to friend them on facebook and ask since they're the ones bragging about it.

I read the facebook pages hours ago. I have already seen 100 teen pages just like theirs and worse. I had to point out to a friend that what was on his kid's page reflected on him as a parent. Even what friends were writing on his kid's page reflected not only on her, but on him. I'm not their parents and I have seen some really nasty stuff on kids FB pages.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Maybe he also kept stoking the fires by yelling at the kids and not acting like the older and wiser 'elderly' gentlemen he is supposed to be.

If they weren't where they weren't supposed to be, he wouldn't have had a chance to yell at them..

And according to their own facebook accounts they've been there dozens of times, been run off dozens of times, had the cops called on them dozens of times, and the message didn't get through to them that they weren't supposed to be there nor were they welcome to be there.

I think the old guy gets points for lasting as long as he did before going off the deep end.

Of course I have one advantage over you in this arguement... I do know these kids, I have ran into these kids on numerous occasions and I KNOW how long they've been doing it. It was only a matter of time before something like this happened, and it seems everyone but law enforcement saw it coming.

The kids aren't innocent, he's not innocent and they all need to be prosecuted for whatever crimes they all committed.
You just can't go pulling out guns in a neighborhood. He was clearly in the wrong on that.

Actually you can, I believe, on your own property. At least you can carry. Firing them is not cool though, unless you are quite a distance from neighbors.

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
If they weren't where they weren't supposed to be, he wouldn't have had a chance to yell at them..

And according to their own facebook accounts they've been there dozens of times, been run off dozens of times, had the cops called on them dozens of times, and the message didn't get through to them that they weren't supposed to be there nor were they welcome to be there.

I think the old guy gets points for lasting as long as he did before going off the deep end.

Of course I have one advantage over you in this arguement... I do know these kids, I have ran into these kids on numerous occasions and I KNOW how long they've been doing it. It was only a matter of time before something like this happened, and it seems everyone but law enforcement saw it coming.

Did you also fight with them?

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House
I wish he would have shot the kid with a slug. That would have really thought him a lesson.

CREResident

Armiger Is a Whack Job and Should Go to Jail

This 66 yr old should be charged with attempted murder. He is a danger to the community. He also gives responsible gun owners a bad name.

Someone please tell me how the charge is only assault second degree. If you aim a gun at someone and pull the trigger - there's an intent to kill... what else could be the intent?

If the news report is accurate... Armiger's life was not threatened and he should have retreated and called the police. He pepper sprayed someone who cursed. Then he went back into his home (where there was no threat) and instead of calling the police, he came out with a gun and shot at the teens. There's clearly intent there. No one broke into his home or came in his home after him. Note -- the neighbor ran "after" the kids... meaning the kids were already leaving.

Do you want some hot head vigilante like Armiger firing his gun at you because you said/did something to piss him off?????? Maybe he thinks you cut him off while driving, or maybe he just doesn't like the way you look?

As long as we have nuts like Armiger out there, the gun control advocates will be in full force. With nuts like Armiger out there.... I should be able to get a concealed carry permit to protect myself from people like him.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Did you also fight with them?

I'm a little more intimidating than a 66 year old retiree.. Even with the 6 or 7 of them they wouldn't stand up to me, they're punks.

They, on the other hand, tend to start things as entertainment, just not against anyone they think can defend themselves or might be willing to defend themselves.

Now if they chose to come to my house to intimidate me, and harass me, things would have ended much more differently I'm sure. For some reason, they chose NOT to go that route with me.. but did with this 66 year old man.

Punks, pure and simple.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Some people on Baynet are commenting on the boy's injury, stating that he was hit with something other than a few pellets and that his femur was shattered.

Good. Maybe he'll think twice before he tries to pull his crap again.

I mean, not likely, but one can hope.

laynpipe

i have a feeling you will never hear me say this again, but i have to agree with itsboob on this one. a person can only take so much before taking matters into their own hands. as far as im concerned, the kid got lucky it was only his leg.

you tease a dog to the point that it cant take it anymore and it bites. same principal.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
As long as we have nuts like Armiger out there, the gun control advocates will be in full force. With nuts like Armiger out there.... I should be able to get a concealed carry permit to protect myself from people like him.

Which one is your kid?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think all of you who are siding with these boys should invite them to come play at your house. Maybe hook them up with some milk and cookies or something. Then they can come bust up your place and give you crap, and they'll leave other people alone. :yay:

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House
I would have thought so.

the kid probably got hit with a little buck or bird shot pellet from a distance and he will probably brag about it. If he was hit by a slug it would have taken his leg off and I guarantee he wouldn't be bragging about that.

CREResident

Which one is your kid?

None of them are my kids... and I'm not excusing anything they did. But Armiger was not in danger (according to the news and police). I don't need a nut like Armiger firing a gun at me either, just because I pissed him off for some reason. Being pissed off is not a reason to fire your gun at someone.

Too many nuts, rednecks, and hillbillies in Calvert County.... glad I'm moving....

CREResident

Armiger Is a Thug....

He didn't shoot his gun just for someone saying something to piss him off. He shot his gun because of a group of unruly, fit, and energetic teens that had a history of harassing him and his neighbors, setting fires in the neighborhood, knocking on doors and then running, and committing other antics.

Armiger had the ability to go back into his house... and he did.... he made a deliberate decision to grab a gun and chase after the teens... instead of calling the police (who were nearly already there!!!)

Why didn't he call the police and stay in his house.... and let the police do their job? He has no defense.