15 Year Old Shot at Solomons Landing

Taeobi

And the little ####### who caused the problem in the first place should get what?

Nothing at all!! That precious angel is just an innocent child that knows no better. We need to coddle him in his time of need... Give him a medal for surviving such a heinous situation; him and his friends for their bravery!! Even though their friend was shot and they ran like hell, it's OK. They are all victims; innocent skateboarders. :sarcasm:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
whatever the penalty is for the crime that they committed. Trespassing is probably going to net them some probation, if they actually are charged.

Unfortunately trespassing charges will not curb their behavior. Shooting them will be a lot more effective.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
whatever the penalty is for the crime that they committed. Trespassing is probably going to net them some probation, if they actually are charged.
The cops wouldn't even give them a ride home fot that, where's their incentive to stop.

Unfortunately trespassing charges will not curb their behavior. Shooting them will be a lot more effective.
:yeahthat: I sure hope the neighbors rally around the old man as they are the ones that will reap the fruits of his gutsy outburst. And if the troublemakers are emboldened by all the "poor kids wasn't doing nothin' all that bad" supporters... I sure as hell hope the neighbors call the police constantly and boldly announce... "What's it going to take to get these guys out of here... another shooting?" with each call.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Almost exactly the same thing happened back in my old neighborhood when I was a young lad. Local old cranky codger was the routine target for harassment by kids in the neighborhood and had been for a couple years. One night, a group of teens, 3 or 4 - I don't recall exactly, stopped their van on the street in front of the old guys' house and started throwing empty bottles or cans out of their van at the house.

The guy walked out his front door with pistol raised, firing immediately, and put a round clean through one of the kids midsection as the kid was running for the truck door. Put a couple rounds through the van too..

Nobody was ever charged with anything at the end of the day. The bullet miraculously missed hitting anything vital as it passed through and left him with two really 'cool' scars.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I sure as hell hope the neighbors call the police constantly and boldly announce... "What's it going to take to get these guys out of here... another shooting?" with each call.

They've already seen what happens when you try to defend your property against these thugs - you go to jail. Right now is the best time in the world to go knock over a few houses in Solomons Landing because they're too afraid of our "justice" system to do anything about it.

Almost exactly the same thing happened back in my old neighborhood when I was a young lad. Local old cranky codger was the routine target for harassment by kids in the neighborhood and had been for a couple years. One night, a group of teens, 3 or 4 - I don't recall exactly, stopped their van on the street in front of the old guys' house and started throwing empty bottles or cans out of their van at the house.

The guy walked out his front door with pistol raised, firing immediately, and put a round clean through one of the kids midsection as the kid was running for the truck door. Put a couple rounds through the van too..

Nobody was ever charged with anything at the end of the day.
"Back in the day"... when common sense was part of the equation in determining actual fault and consequences.

onel0126

Bead mumbler
Heard on the radio the guy was charged with 1st and 2nd degree assault, and has a 50k bail.

Unfortunately for this guy, the criminal charges will pale in comparison to what comes his way in a civil court. Truly a shame.

frequentflier

happy to be living
:yeahthat: I sure hope the neighbors rally around the old man as they are the ones that will reap the fruits of his gutsy outburst. And if the troublemakers are emboldened by all the "poor kids wasn't doing nothin' all that bad" supporters... I sure as hell hope the neighbors call the police constantly and boldly announce... "What's it going to take to get these guys out of here... another shooting?" with each call.

:yeahthat:
That group of kids has been around causing problems for a long time. I have seen sheriff deputies talking to them on numerous occassions. I doubt this incident will have any effect on them other than to make them even worse.
The guy may have overreacted but you know, everyone has their breaking point. Sounds like these kids were taunting him and he went over the edge.

RPM

i would love to be on that jury. I would convict him and recommend maximum punishment allowed under the law.

lots of kids are arses and turn out to be respected and productive members of society, provided they don't get shot by an old man with a screw loose.

Vince

Yep. He faces up to 10 years for the 2nd degree and up to 25 years for the 1st degree. They'll probably offer him a plea deal. I'd personally like to see him fight it and get acquitted by jury nullification.
They'd have trouble picking a jury for that one. I know they'd dismiss me because I'd already vote innocent. :lol:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
i would love to be on that jury. I would convict him and recommend maximum punishment allowed under the law.

lots of kids are arses and turn out to be respected and productive members of society, provided they don't get shot by an old man with a screw loose.
So it was your hoodlum that got shot. Good.