3 Doors Down Concert

Pandora

I purchased box seat tickets via MWR on the base, which would have been seated.

If I was to keep our "seats" they would have been converted to General Admission seats, aka, Free For All seating, at a much less desirable location.

Either way, the drive up to the venue was out of the question.

I suppose emails could be sent to KOOL PRODUCTIONS conveying our displeasure.

So the person who paid a mere $45 to be out on the lawn vs. somebody who paid more to be in a SEAT gets screwed if they hold on to their tickets? Because that is the way it sounds and that doesn't make sense at all.... And that isn't the message they are conveying in their press release. People were happy this was at Regency because it is close, simple to get in and out of and well, because of the 'seating.' Not having a clue what the seating is going to be like there doesn't make me feel warm and cozy about the change. I cannot even find on the map where the stage is going to be nor do I have a clue. It is hard to guess anything when you've never been there for a concert. Say for instance they moved it to Nissan, well then, I would be familiar with the set up there, not this, not many will be. So frustrating! :jameo:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
So the person who paid a mere $45 to be out on the lawn vs. somebody who paid more to be in a SEAT gets screwed if they hold on to their tickets? Because that is the way it sounds and that doesn't make sense at all.... And that isn't the message they are conveying in their press release. People were happy this was at Regency because it is close, simple to get in and out of and well, because of the 'seating.' Not having a clue what the seating is going to be like there doesn't make me feel warm and cozy about the change. I cannot even find on the map where the stage is going to be nor do I have a clue. It is hard to guess anything when you've never been there for a concert. Say for instance they moved it to Nissan, well then, I would be familiar with the set up there, not this, not many will be. So frustrating! :jameo:

I received a phone call from MWR today telling me about it and she sent the email to my work address, so I don't have access to it now. The email included the "new and improved" seating chart. That would apply to persons buying their ticket via MWR. Not sure about the rest of the world.

But yes, that is what it sounds like.

david87

Just found out that the location for the 3 Doors Down concert has been moved from Regency Stadium to National Harbor near DC. It is less than 10 days til the concert and they changed the location.

I had decent seats to the show at regency and now my seats are "Gen Admission" and first come first serve. Kool Productions, LLC is obviously a small town promotion company and if they continue to do things like this they will remain small time!

3 Doors Down Concert Moves to National Plaza - Southern Maryland News, Charles County, Calvert County and St. Mary's County News

I will be getting a refund. I had pretty good seats at the stadium. Now, who know where I'll be sitting. Plus I'm not driving in that mess of traffic. Not "KOOL"!

OldHillcrestGuy

Bush league move. Will never give them my business again. Not that one thing has to do with another but.......at least one of the names listed on the "about us" tab has been on the Charles County Most Wanted list before--yikes!

I give Kool Productions alot of credit for at least attempting to get good entertainers to the area, others have tried in the past and have failed and lost money, the Charles County FOP several years ago at the Charles County Fairgrounds and Senerity Farms in Benedict to name a couple.
Kool Productions are several SoMd. businessmen who came together in a attempt to do this (bring entertaniers), Im thinking the tickets sells werent going very well and they decided to move it to National Harbor (where KP also has booked shows) where I believe there is less seating so that the people who are going may fill the room, instead of sitting in big stadium which seats as many as 5,000 and may only have 1,000 seats being used, like for the Flo Rida T Pain concert.
Im not supporting the move, its pretty short notice and alot of SoMd. people dont like to journey into good ole PG County, its proably only 15-20 minutes from the staduim but if you are coming from lower St. Marys or Calvert then you are talking at least about an hour travel time. KP seems to be trying to get a variety of different types of entertainers booked, but so far only the country concerts have seemed to do well, maybe they should stick with country.

Hoover

I give Kool Productions alot of credit for at least attempting to get good entertainers to the area, others have tried in the past and have failed and lost money, the Charles County FOP several years ago at the Charles County Fairgrounds and Senerity Farms in Benedict to name a couple.
Kool Productions are several SoMd. businessmen who came together in a attempt to do this (bring entertaniers), Im thinking the tickets sells werent going very well and they decided to move it to National Harbor (where KP also has booked shows) where I believe there is less seating so that the people who are going may fill the room, instead of sitting in big stadium which seats as many as 5,000 and may only have 1,000 seats being used, like for the Flo Rida T Pain concert.
Im not supporting the move, its pretty short notice and alot of SoMd. people dont like to journey into good ole PG County, its proably only 15-20 minutes from the staduim but if you are coming from lower St. Marys or Calvert then you are talking at least about an hour travel time. KP seems to be trying to get a variety of different types of entertainers booked, but so far only the country concerts have seemed to do well, maybe they should stick with country.

It is now impossible for us to go - we bought the $45 tickets the day they were released so we could have a good seat during the concert along with a row of CCSO and their kids. We would have to drive from SW to Hughesville and back - (minimum 1 hour 45 minutes round trip) park in general parking at National Harbor and pay $25.00 for parking and then stand in line for the bus to the concert at the harbor - and then stand in line for the bus back to parking - so not doing this. Bad move Kool Productions Bad move - you want to keep the revenue in Southern Maryland then keep the concerts in Southern Maryland not PG.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
It is now impossible for us to go - we bought the $45 tickets the day they were released so we could have a good seat during the concert along with a row of CCSO and their kids. We would have to drive from SW to Hughesville and back - (minimum 1 hour 45 minutes round trip) park in general parking at National Harbor and pay $25.00 for parking and then stand in line for the bus to the concert at the harbor - and then stand in line for the bus back to parking - so not doing this. Bad move Kool Productions Bad move - you want to keep the revenue in Southern Maryland then keep the concerts in Southern Maryland not PG.

That's a crock o'crap. We're pretty much in the same boat except I'm in NW..on the outskirts of Georgetown. Ott's looking into the refund today.

$25.00 For Parking?!?!? No Effing Way!

That's a crock o'crap. We're pretty much in the same boat except I'm in NW..on the outskirts of Georgetown. Ott's looking into the refund today.

I am not sure if it's $25 or not, but the lot for the Summer Series parking is about 1/4 - 1/2 mile up the hill from the venue between National Harbor and Oxon Hill, paralleling the beltway in a gravel lot. I am trying to find a price but cannot find anything - go figure...

You can always park in the garages, but imagine trying to get out of that mess. :rolleyes:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Here is the email I received:

3 Doors Down Ticket Holder FAQ for Venue Change:

Why has the venue changed?
In order for the venue to be in a more centrally located area, it has been moved to the Washington D.C., Metropolitan Area.

Has the date of the concert changed?
NO. The concert will still be Friday, August 14th. The gates will open at 6 pm with 3 Doors Down starting at approximately 8 pm.

Where is the new venue located?
The new venue for the 3 Doors Down concert on August 14, 2009 will be National Plaza on the Waterfront in National Harbor, Maryland. Please visit National Harbor for directions and parking information.

Where is parking at the new venue?
Several parking garages are located within walking distance of the venue. Please visit National Harbor for details on where these garages are located. Handicapped parking is available in the parking garages.

Is the ticket I purchased still valid for the new Venue?
Yes. Your ticket will be honored at the new venue at National Harbor.

Where will my seats be at the new venue in National Harbor?
Your seats will be in sections based on the price you paid for the ticket. All seats will now be general admission, meaning FIRST COME FIRST SERVE within the section you are sitting. Please see the seating chart to located where your new seats will be according to the price on your ticket.

I paid $25 for an “Obstructive View Seat.” Where will my new seats be located?
“Obstructive View Seating” is not applicable to the new venue at National Harbor. Your tickets will now be honored in the $30 General Admission/Standing Room Only Area on the seating chart. Lawn chairs WILL BE permitted in these areas, but no seat will be provided for this ticket price.
My tickets are being left at will-call. Where will I be able to pick them up?
Tickets that were left in will-call will be available at the ticket table directly outside of the main entrance, which will be labeled “WILL-CALL.” You MUST have a ticket confirmation page or receipt in order to receive your tickets from will-call. NO EXCEPTIONS.

What if I want a refund for the ticket I purchased because of the venue change?
Full refunds will be honored at the Regency Furniture Stadium box office. Tickets MUST be turned in to receive your refund. Tickets may be brought to the box office in person, or mailed to: Kool Productions, LLC 3261 Old Washington Rd Suite 1040 Waldorf, MD 20602. Please expect a week to 10 day period in order for the credit to be shown on the credit card you purchased the tickets with. If you paid cash or check for your tickets, you must bring the tickets to the box office. Cash and check refunds will not be given via mail. NO EXCEPTIONS.

If I get to the concert and decide I want a refund, will I still be allowed to get one?
If you decide after entrance to the venue that you would like a refund due to the new seating layout, you must bring your tickets to the ticket table located directly outside of the entrance gates BEFORE 3 Doors Down begins at 8 pm. If accommodations cannot be made for you for the duration of the concert, your tickets will be collected and a full refund will be issued the following week after the show.

Will I still be able to receive a full refund after the concert is over if I do not attend?
Full refunds will be issued until September 4, 2009. Tickets must be presented at the Regency Furniture Stadium box office or returned via mail to receive the full refund. You MUST have the full ticket. Any ticket presented without a stub will not be accepted for a refund.

Are the ticket prices the same now that the venue has changed?
Tickets will no longer be sold at the original prices of $75, $45, $39.50 and $25. If you have purchased tickets at one of these prices, you will receive a like kind exchange equal to or greater than the value of your ticket. The new ticket price is $30 which will be for General Admission/Standing Room Only. Lawn chairs will be permitted in this area.
Where can tickets be purchased now?

All tickets will be sold strictly through TicketMaster for $30. Please visit Tickets for Concerts, Sports, Arts, Theater, Family, Events, more. Official Ticketmaster site or call 1-800-551-SEAT (7328). Tickets will no longer be available for sale through Regency Furniture Stadium or their website.