Furniture buying places

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I wasn't really sure where to post this but figured this will do. :lol:

Looking for furniture buying options, both local stores and online websites. The furniture can be new or used. A queen bed frame and dresser for a bedroom as I have the mattress and nightstand already. Living room set (sofa, love seat, coffee table). Dining room set (table and 4 chairs, preferable square/rectangular). Maybe a few other pieces to fill in spaces like a small table or desk.

Last time I got furniture I bought it new from Value City Furniture and had it delivered. I have also bought some pieces from Overstock.com and Ikea, then assembled them with help from friends. I know about the ReStore place in Lexington Park but they seem horribly overpriced but I will check again.

Not looking for top of the line, expensive pieces, but good and sturdy furniture at a reasonable cost.

TIA!

luvmygdaughters

I wasn't really sure where to post this but figured this will do. :lol:

Looking for furniture buying options, both local stores and online websites. The furniture can be new or used. A queen bed frame and dresser for a bedroom as I have the mattress and nightstand already. Living room set (sofa, love seat, coffee table). Dining room set (table and 4 chairs, preferable square/rectangular). Maybe a few other pieces to fill in spaces like a small table or desk.

Last time I got furniture I bought it new from Value City Furniture and had it delivered. I have also bought some pieces from Overstock.com and Ikea, then assembled them with help from friends. I know about the ReStore place in Lexington Park but they seem horribly overpriced but I will check again.

Not looking for top of the line, expensive pieces, but good and sturdy furniture at a reasonable cost.

TIA!

Big Lots...believe it or not, they sell name brand furniture at a very reasonable price.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Co-worker told me yesterday that Big Lots has some decent stuff. I bought my chaise/couch from BB's Discount furniture last year.

There are also some FB groups that people are giving things away or selling for cheap.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Big Lots...believe it or not, they sell name brand furniture at a very reasonable price.

Co-worker told me yesterday that Big Lots has some decent stuff.

Thanks. I forgot about them. I will be in the area Sunday and will check it out. Thanks!

I bought my chaise/couch from BB's Discount furniture last year.

Where is this at?

There are also some FB groups that people are giving things away or selling for cheap.

There are TONS of them, plus the marketplace. You have to be quick for a lot of the good stuff and I don't have the time nor inclination to stalk them.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Thanks. I forgot about them. I will be in the area Sunday and will check it out. Thanks! Where is this at? There are TONS of them, plus the marketplace. You have to be quick for a lot of the good stuff and I don't have the time nor inclination to stalk them.

Bob's is in Waldorf. In the shopping center where chili's is. Huge selection.

General Lee

I have purchased a couple things from BOB's over the past few years. Its cheap junk. You get what you pay for there. The stuff looks good, but as you use it you start to see the junk in it. I can't comment on their mattresses, haven't bought one there.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I think your problem is that you are looking for "furniture buying places" when you should be looking for "furniture selling places", hope that helps. :biggrin:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I think your problem is that you are looking for "furniture buying places" when you should be looking for "furniture selling places", hope that helps. :biggrin:

No, if I was looking for someplace to SELL my furniture, I would say that. As it is, I am looking to BUY. :neener:

awpitt

Main Streeter

LOL

That reminds me of George Carlin saying that we don't get on an airplane, we get in the airplane.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
When we moved into our house, bought new mattress and box spring sets at Ollie's.
Have been satisfied with the quality.

Cost half what the mattress store wanted.

JoeR

I might have a table and dresser. Both are older but in good condition. PM me and I'll send you some pictures.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I might have a table and dresser. Both are older but in good condition. PM me and I'll send you some pictures.

Thank you for the offer. As long as you aren't in a big hurry to unload them as I won't be able to get them for at least a month. I have no problem with older stuff as I am too! :lol:

JoeR

No hurry. I'm in the process of downsizing and looking to sell some stuff. I have a bunch of stuff I'm looking to get rid of.

GoodnessME

Pickers Paradise in Hollywood has Good Furniture at a great price...You won't find a better deal anywhere...