Actor Alec Baldwin Kills One Person, Wounds Another When Prop-Gun 'Misfires'

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

Hijinx

Why would the person in charge of the guns allow people to target shoot with a gun that was going to be used in the movie.
Why did the guy who picked it up and gave it to Baldwin take the gun from a table and not from the gun person.
Who knows how long they laid there without her attention on them.

It appears to me that there are a lot of mistakes that were made and rules that were broken.

black dog

Free America
F Lee Pietta long colt 45 revolver

With what i'm reading no rebound/transfer bar in most of the centerfire Italian revolvers.

So other than resting on a empty chamber the only safety would be if it was dropped or trigger was hit the second hammer notch would stop the hammer from falling and if the trigger was held back the hammer would drop to hit the firing pin.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
News report, over 600 items have been taken as evidence, and they alluded to charges for multiple people. There was over 500 rounds of live ammo on site.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
News report, over 600 items have been taken as evidence, and they alluded to charges for multiple people. There was over 500 rounds of live ammo on site.

it is going to be interesting because this happened in Mexico - not the US.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I've watched many a History channel show about the Civil War with guns & cannons shooting off. Haven't heard of any incidents.

Civil War reenactors - nobody gets killed.

They're trying to pretend that it was just a freak accident, could happen to anyone, but obviously there was extreme negligence involved.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I own one of those... They are single-action and have a hair trigger.
But hair trigger doesn't do anything until somebody pulls the hammer back.. and I've never seen a hair hammer. It takes some force (with intent) to pull a hammer back, can't imagine doing that by accident.