Adopt from a Rescue, make room to save more...

krazd_kat

Help "Invisible Dogs"
A dog can be trained not to whine and cry and bark. Its not that hard.

And If you do know who this is, Well its not because I didnt personally fill out the application, Then why didnt second hope suggest any other dogs? If someone wants to adopt a dog then you would think that a rescue group would try and work with them to find them a good fit. Did second hope? Of course not. Did another rescue groupe that we are working with? Yes. Why would we need kids or another dog to get Rowdy the puggle? Kids seriously? I mean seeing as my sister in law has 2 pugs and 1 puggle, the dog would have company when ever it needed it.

There's another post that explains about the puggle, that dog needs another dog around - period.

Yes, you can train a dog not to whine and cry, often times not quick enough to satisfy your neighbors.

You wanted a puppy - I suggested looking and see what other dog you might be interested in and never heard back.

I'm glad you found another group to work with and I'm sure you'll make some dog a great home.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Hmm seeing as how I had a boxer who ended up having congestive heart problems, would whine a little bit when we left but then was fine. He was compeltly housebroken by 2 months old, knew a bunch of commands by 1 1/2 months old. A dog can be trained not to whine and cry and bark. Its not that hard.

And If you do know who this is, Well its not because I didnt personally fill out the application, Then why didnt second hope suggest any other dogs? If someone wants to adopt a dog then you would think that a rescue group would try and work with them to find them a good fit. Did second hope? Of course not. Did another rescue groupe that we are working with? Yes. Why would we need kids or another dog to get Rowdy the puggle? Kids seriously? I mean seeing as my sister in law has 2 pugs and 1 puggle, the dog would have company when ever it needed it.

Where did you get a puppy at 6 weeks of age?

95blkgst

Hey 95blkgst.. I know you ...you have one of my rescue kittens. Petey?

My g/f adopted Petey yes.

And pretty much I am voicing my opinion, I know rescue shelters are trying to find good homes for dogs, and the last thing i would want is for any dog to suffer and be put in a bad home where it wouldnt be taken care of.

But when there are people who truly want to provide a good home but get looked down on and have people make rude faces because they aren't home all day and under the age of 21 then it gets pretty frustrating.

People work, I mean I could quite my job to stay home all day to watch an animal, but then how would it get fed? If there are so many dogs out there then lighten up on the policys to adopt them out.

morningbell

hmmmmmm
My g/f adopted Petey yes.

And pretty much I am voicing my opinion, I know rescue shelters are trying to find good homes for dogs, and the last thing i would want is for any dog to suffer and be put in a bad home where it wouldnt be taken care of.

But when there are people who truly want to provide a good home but get looked down on and have people make rude faces because they aren't home all day and under the age of 21 then it gets pretty frustrating.

People work, I mean I could quite my job to stay home all day to watch an animal, but then how would it get fed? If there are so many dogs out there then lighten up on the policys to adopt them out.

Now you're just bitching.... A responsible pet owner would realize that working all day and having your dog cooped up all day is never a good thing.

95blkgst

Now you're just bitching.... A responsible pet owner would realize that working all day and having your dog cooped up all day is never a good thing.

So me coming home every day for lunch to let him out and play for a hour is bad irresponsible now? when he was in his creat 4 hours during the day max?

morningbell

hmmmmmm
So me coming home every day for lunch to let him out and play for a hour is bad irresponsible now? when he was in his creat 4 hours during the day max?

We're talking about a puppy here, right?

I'll let my doggies run free while I'm at work, then when I get home I'll call for them and hope they come back. :yay:

Your dogs run around outside all day unsupervised?
You must have a lot of acreage, neighbors that don't care, well trained dogs that have been living that way for years, and have not adopted from a rescue.

This past summer a friend of mine used to let her dog run all day, unfenced while she was home or at work. He'd come and go, she just wanted him to "be a dog". Well he got hit and now he is a dead dog.... I mean whatever works for you, nevermind your K9 companion :shrug:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
We're talking about a puppy here, right?

Your dogs run around outside all day unsupervised?
You must have a lot of acreage, neighbors that don't care, well trained dogs that have been living that way for years, and have not adopted from a rescue.

This past summer a friend of mine used to let her dog run all day, unfenced while she was home or at work. He'd come and go, she just wanted him to "be a dog". Well he got hit and now he is a dead dog.... I mean whatever works for you, nevermind your K9 companion :shrug:
But letting them run free is better than them being cooped up all day. :yay:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
hmm 7-11 and then 12-4

He did just fine. So no one should have a puppy unless they dont work, and can stay home all day?

Like I said i should quite my job, so ill be here but try to find a way to provide food.

Some puppies are fine alone at four-hour intervals. Rowdy is not. THAT was the problem. I don't believe you were told you couldn't adopt a puppy in general, just a particular one.

95blkgst

Where is your puppy now :eyebrow:

Do you know anybody that you can trust to let a puppy out during the day?

Well if you have read any of my other posts you would know we had to put him to sleep. So he is currently in a urn on a shelf in my house.

Congestive heart failure, his heart was 2 times larger then it should be. Pale gums ect.

Hardest thing I ever had to do.

Any other questions?

morningbell

hmmmmmm
Well if you have read any of my other posts you would know we had to put him to sleep. So he is currently in a urn on a shelf in my house.

Congestive heart failure, his heart was 2 times larger then it should be. Pale gums ect.

Hardest thing I ever had to do.

Any other questions?

I know how that is, I had to put down a dog as well due to renal failure. Sorry for your loss.

Where did you get your puppy?

Cowgirl

:rolleyes:

It would be in your puppy's best interest to be home for him, if someone was always there. A 6 month old puppy should not be in a crate for more than 3 or 4 hours at a time.

I think you're generalizing a bit too much. We work during the day, and our 6 month old is in the crate. He does just fine. :shrug: We just make sure he gets enough exercise when we do get home. Plus, he's pretty laid back in general.