Anyone interested in CRE talk?

hotcoffee

It took about a week for the video of the Special Taxing District hearing for Drum Point to appear on the Board of County Commissioners portion of the Calvert County website. So I would check back every few days, I'm sure the video will be posted soon.

I actually found it completely irresponsible for the Board of Directors to request additional taxation in this economic climate for the purpose of "an immediate need for recreation". The reaction at the public hearing for that additional taxation was probably completely warranted

IMHO....It was good to see so many people speaking their mind. If we could record audio and video of all our meetings, and produce an agenda that allowed for public comment, CRE would be so much better off.

:coffee:

hotcoffee

If you want leadership vote Travis Scott for president!

What bothers me is some need to come up with their own ideas and stop high jacking.....
Also, re-elect Michael Matters for director..

I'm not a witch I'm bi-polar---- :D

I can't high jack a forum I started. Travis did a good job. We just have different philosophies.

To begin with....Travis thinks that CRE needs the Security people. I don't.

hotcoffee

The way I understood what VH was telling the committee was .... first they have to get the mitigation funding.... then engineers would have to come in and approve a plan... then the plan could be put into affect in order to save the property.

VH is still working on getting all the approvals. I asked how much our mitigation costs would be [because CRE owns some of the land they want to protect with the walls] and the amount I got was estimated at $97000.00.

I was told not to worry about that tho because one government agency probably would charge another government agency... or we could trade land for it.... etc.... just wait and see....

Then the same amount shows up under the heading of GWW reserve....

That's why I'm bringing this up Travis.... it's a valid question... right?

hotcoffee

I know now.... after going to the Special Taxing District that the skateboard park is a no go.... right? About 100 people in the room, at least 25% spoke their mind, a few [less than you can count on your hand] were in favor of the skateboard park.

IMHO....It was good to see so many people speaking their mind. If we could record audio and video of all our meetings, and produce an agenda that allowed for public comment, CRE would be so much better off.

The way I understood what VH was telling the committee was .... first they have to get the mitigation funding.... then engineers would have to come in and approve a plan... then the plan could be put into affect in order to save the property.

VH is still working on getting all the approvals. I asked how much our mitigation costs would be [because CRE owns some of the land they want to protect with the walls] and the amount I got was estimated at $97000.00.

I was told not to worry about that tho because one government agency probably would charge another government agency... or we could trade land for it.... etc.... just wait and see....

Then the same amount shows up under the heading of GWW reserve....

That's why I'm bringing this up Travis.... it's a valid question... right?

I'm looking for the public comment section. This is the Commissioner's discussion before the meeting occurred.

I'm really afraid the Special Taxing District #4 is going to pass in its entirety because the Commissioners feel that the all the remaining roads will be paved at the end of this 5 years.

Also... No one has mentioned the $97,000 beetle mitigation reserve that is built into this STD. In order for the people who live on the cliffs to sustain their property... they will need to build something like a wall and the cost of the beetle mitigation for that wall which would span CRE common property would be about $97,000. That does not include the cost of the wall.

[wall may be the wrong word but I'm trying to make the point that no one is talking about it]

I'm getting a lot of those mean people again so I must be on to something...

Which is it?

ReadingTheNews

.... I actually found it completely irresponsible for the board of directors to request additional taxation in this economic climate for the purpose of "an immediate need for recreation". the reaction at the public hearing for that additional taxation was probably completely warranted

^^This^^

hotcoffee

So the candidates are going to have some kind of get together.

This will give the people a chance to get a sense of the philosophies.

Guess that should be fun.

Becky Tice

hotcoffee

Special Taxing District Hearing....

Here it is... it's on video....

Go to 44:34 and listen.....

"we're not going to pave all the roads" Ed Harvey

There has to be a better way....

Last edited:

OmyGawd

Here it is... it's on video....

Go to 44:34 and listen.....

"we're not going to pave all the roads" Ed Harvey

There has to be a better way....

Please tell us what that BETTER WAY might be if the STD goes away that doesn't make the burden worse than it already is. The $250 hasn't changed any and the extra $10 A YEAR is a trip to Starbucks for coffee for two. We all wait for the great plan to be revealed.

Mabus

Free Rent
With the sort of logic you promote, I wouldn't be surprised if you're Scott Tice's mother and JPC's concubine.

hotcoffee

Please tell us what that BETTER WAY might be if the STD goes away that doesn't make the burden worse than it already is. The $250 hasn't changed any and the extra $10 A YEAR is a trip to Starbucks for coffee for two. We all wait for the great plan to be revealed.

We're going to have a meet the candidates event.... I'll tell everyone then.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
I can't believe a neighborhood can be turned into such a bunch of political BS. I have a lot of family and friends that live there and most of them are all selling and getting out of Dodge.

OmyGawd

We're going to have a meet the candidates event.... I'll tell everyone then.

Does this mean the plan is a big secret? Or that you don't have one and you are working on the "hope and change" deal? If the people don't like this STD, how will they react to raising of the fees or another form of the same tax? How do you intend to fund this - that is what those who are paying attention want to know.

hotcoffee

Does this mean the plan is a big secret? Or that you don't have one and you are working on the "hope and change" deal? If the people don't like this STD, how will they react to raising of the fees or another form of the same tax? How do you intend to fund this - that is what those who are paying attention want to know.

I'm glad you are paying attention. If I were to be elected, this plan would have to be put to a successful member vote before I would think of taking it further. I'll explain the plan when the time is right.

It means I don't want to give the plan out until the candidate's forum.

I'll be happy to share it at or after the "meet the candidates" event. I've put a lot of work and thought into this and I would prefer that it stay under wraps until then.

If there is no candidates forum, or no "meet the candidates" event scheduled by the 13th of July.... I'll explain it all on both SOMD Online and facebook.

In other words.... success or failure... I don't want anyone else taking the credit or the blame for it... makes sense huh!

Last edited:

PrepH4U

I'm glad you are paying attention. If I were to be elected, this plan would have to be put to a successful member vote before I would think of taking it further. I'll explain the plan when the time is right.

It means I don't want to give the plan out until the candidate's forum.

I'll be happy to share it at or after the "meet the candidates" event. I've put a lot of work and thought into this and I would prefer that it stay under wraps until then.

If there is no candidates forum, or no "meet the candidates" event scheduled by the 13th of July.... I'll explain it all on both SOMD Online and facebook.

In other words.... success or failure... I don't want anyone else taking the credit or the blame for it... makes sense huh!

Is this a paid position? :shrug: