Anyone Notice the DOW?

Chopticon64

w
What percentage is $2010 of the money you are losing control of, if I may ask?
Every time I see the elderly making these types of choices and thinking its a “good deal” I kick myself for not being a financial advisor.

But I don’t think I could sleep at night.

Kinnakeet

What percentage is $2010 of the money you are losing control of, if I may ask?
*20,000 there is another digit in front of the 2,I was wondering about that but I thought I will not have to worry about the stock market anymore I have not did it yet,do you have any info that would make me change my mind? I have some more questions to ask the guy.
Like why does the firm need to know what my house is worth and how much is in my savings account,how much do I owe on my home.
The company is Fidelity and Guaranty life

Last edited:

phreddyp

*20,000 there is another digit in front of the 2,I was wondering about that but I thought I will not have to worry about the stock market anymore I have not did it yet,do you have any info that would make me change my mind? I have some more questions to ask the guy.
Like why does the firm need to know what my house is worth and how much is in my savings account,how much do I owe on my home.
The company is Fidelity and Guaranty life
I think this is correct (if not someone please correct me) on $520,000 you would be receiving 0.463% per annum, on $920,000 it would be 0.0262% per annum on $220,000 it would be 0.109% per annum.

Is this a taxable or tax-free annuity?

Most likely they are looking at your net worth to decide how much in upfront fees to charge you or to see if they can sell you anything else or to sell your information to a third party.

What is your age?

If you are married do the payments carry over to your wife?

What is her age?

Kinnakeet

I think this is correct (if not someone please correct me) on $520,000 you would be receiving 0.463% per annum, on $920,000 it would be 0.0262% per annum on $220,000 it would be 0.109% per annum.

Is this a taxable or tax-free annuity?

Most likely they are looking at your net worth to decide how much in upfront fees to charge you or to see if they can sell you anything else or to sell your information to a third party.

What is your age?

If you are married do the payments carry over to your wife?

What is her age?
60 and 57 yes they carry over to her and the kids if something happened to me or both
They can take tax out of the monthly sum if I want them to its more than 520 and a little less then 920

phreddyp

$800,000 comes to 3% per annum if my math is correct, looks to me like there are better deals out there than that. Let a few others chime in, I'm sure a couple more ideas cannot hurt.

Kinnakeet

$800,000 comes to 3% per annum if my math is correct, looks to me like there are better deals out there than that. Let a few others chime in, I'm sure a couple more ideas cannot hurt.
How does the math work for monthly check 800000x3%=24000 divided by 12= 2000? as I have no clue

Kinnakeet

I do $2010 x 12 = $24120 then $24120 divided by $800,000 = 0.03015% if I am correct in my thinking.
I am going to talk to another accountant or whatever you call them,I like the idea of getting 4000 a month for life plus my Pension and then SS if I can get more that would be great but I also dont have to worry about the stock market going up and down because you never know whats going to happen come November I like listen to other peoples opinions but now I have to go to the Grocery store and the Butcher shop Ill be back on later.

phreddyp

I am going to talk to another accountant or whatever you call them,I like the idea of getting 4000 a month for life plus my Pension and then SS if I can get more that would be great but I also dont have to worry about the stock market going up and down because you never know whats going to happen come November I like listen to other peoples opinions but now I have to go to the Grocery store and the Butcher shop Ill be back on later.
Where did $4000 a month come from?

Hessian

Spent 2+ hrs with a fiduciary advisor this week...
Looking at a plan that INCLUDES long term assisted care in their coverage.
403b & SS & Inheritance & Passive income....the key problem: WHEN to start those engines!!
If you want my fiduciary advisor...I will gladly refer in a PM.

Kinnakeet

Where did $4000 a month come from?
from the 401k im handing over to F&G have not did it yet still waiting on the stock market and another firms advice man this sh!t is a little scary
I have the 401k and also my union pension and then at 62 Social Security according to my math I will be getting 10,000 a month for life and that is from the advisor the GOVT' uses for there employees.

Last edited:

Kinnakeet

Spent 2+ hrs with a fiduciary advisor this week...
Looking at a plan that INCLUDES long term assisted care in their coverage.
403b & SS & Inheritance & Passive income....the key problem: WHEN to start those engines!!
If you want my fiduciary advisor...I will gladly refer in a PM.
If everything works I will turn on the money faucet December 2nd

Chopticon64

Wait..what?..you were here in 2020? That's impossible....your profile says you joined in 2023. Sayyy...you aren't one of those disgusting cowards that keeps joining over and over again with a new screen name, are ya? Disgusting coward.
Accounts who do not actively praise Trump all eventually get banned.

That’s why there is no consistent voice here of the other side.

black dog

Free America
Decent recovery of numbers to close out July. Only one down month since January. You know what that means...the FED will refuse to budge on rates...so here we sit with millions of families unable to buy homes due to high rates and overpriced materials & scarce labor.
That's bullsh!t. My first home mortgage was 17%