Are you a good tipper?

XOXO17

TIGERLILY said:
And there are probably several closing shift duties that have to be done before you leave. If so can't you work on those. If we close at 10pm when i walk in at 9:55 I am planning on eating. I am not leaving until I am done eating. Does your sign say last call for food 9 pm all customers out by 10?
Its just very rude to walk in a place 5 mins before closing. You're a server..doesn't it piss u off?

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
XOXO17 said:
Its just very rude to walk in a place 5 mins before closing. You're a server..doesn't it piss u off?

It's my job. If I go to Mcdonalds at 10:59 I want fries and a burger I don't care if they close at 11pm.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
XOXO17 said:
If you want a job where you know when you'll be leaving, get a job like that. You knew going in that you didn't have a set time to leave. You're not on the schedule for 5-11 are you? When I was a server and worked the evening shift, my schedule would say "5-" meaning "5-til whenever we tell your azz to go home". Seriously, if you don't like your job, get another one.

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
It happens, We will continue to serve food even after closing if people are still in the dining room. I cannot tell you that were closed if I have 10 other people still waiting for food.

XOXO17

TIGERLILY said:
It happens, We will continue to serve food even after closing if people are still in the dining room. I cannot tell you that were closed if I have 10 other people still waiting for food.
well yeah, you have to. but I would never go into a place 5 mins before closing.

XOXO17

TIGERLILY said:
I guess that is superceded by the expected cutomer ettiquite rules posted at the front door.
it doesn't need to be be posted..it should be common sense and common courtesy

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
XOXO17 said:
well yeah, you have to. but I would never go into a place 5 mins before closing.

And I probably would not either but I can't control it. You should try to look at the positive aspects of your job. It's not fair to say I expect 20% , clean up after yourself and your kids, address me as maam, always say please and thank you and get the hell out cause we just closed 5 min ago.

XOXO17

TIGERLILY said:
I guess that is superceded by the expected cutomer ettiquite rules posted at the front door.
I would like to know where you work,not because i want to walk in right before closing..just curious

XOXO17

TIGERLILY said:
And I probably would not either but I can't control it. You should try to look at the positive aspects of your job. It's not fair to say I expect 20% , clean up after yourself and your kids, address me as maam, always say please and thank you and get the hell out cause we just closed 5 min ago.
You just said earlier that you would go to a place 5 mins to close. I also never said you should clean up after you kid..but if my kid smashed 20 fries into the carpet,I would feel bad and apologize and throw a few more bucks on the table

XOXO17

TIGERLILY said:
you should ALWAYS say please and thank you!

Bogart

XOXO17 said:
The MINIMUM tip nowadays is 20% not 15% (15% is so ten years ago!)When the cost of living goes up for you-it goes up for us servers too!
This is retarded.

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
XOXO17 said:
I would like to know where you work,not because i want to walk in right before closing..just curious

Mattie's, I'll be there tonight We close at 10pm. PM your name and I'll reserve a table in front of the fireplace at 9:55 pm.