Attention horse folks

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
happyappygirl said:
i think she means the DOG calls animal control on YOU, or did the dog take over the keyboard? :lol:
Tipper is really good on the keyboard. I had to put her in the crate. She just tried to dial 911 over a cookie issue.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
BS Gal said:
Tipper is really good on the keyboard. I had to put her in the crate. She just tried to dial 911 over a cookie issue.

those 911 operators can get your address ya know.
be careful...very, very careful when telling her NO. might want to consider speaking German.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
BS Gal said:

see I told you she has you over a barrel.. :lmao: :huggy:

R

remaxrealtor

happyappygirl said:
I plow rein, I open my hands wide, where his eyes can see them, and encourage him forward with my body movements (leaning forward for forward motion) squeezing or kicking his sides, and kissing, all indications we are going FORWARD. The moment he takes one step forward, "OH GOOD BOY!!" then when he backs again or stops, IMMEDIATELY go back to the forward movement signals. If he's throwing his hips or head to one side or the other when backing, my wide oepn hands go into motion, tipping his nose INTO the DIRECTION i want to go, he sees my hand in his peripheral vision, which "closes the door" to that side. This is strictly for backing up.

Stopping and bulking is are totally different response.
WOW, great explaination! I can visualize exactly what you are suggesting. Tomorrow we will go forward till I don't want to anymore! :lmao: THANKS!

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
remaxrealtor said:
WOW, great explaination! I can visualize exactly what you are suggesting. Tomorrow we will go forward till I don't want to anymore! :lmao: THANKS!
then he'll balk :lol:

Make sure you have long reins or something with poppers on the end. When he balks, take a short length of that rein (about a foot) use one hand to smack it from side to side on the saddle in the area of his shoulders across in front of your body. DON'T i repeat DON'T slap your nose as you go from side to side :lol: don't ask me how i know this happens :lol:

Most important thing is to give immediate relief when he takes even the slightest motion or step in the direction you want, but don't make a mountain out of a mole hill when he does go forward, that's his JOB.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
happyappygirl said:
Those raisins are gonna come out tommorow looking like grapes :dead: :lol:
It's okay. I let her crap in the yard of the neighbor who can't keep his friggin gravel off the road. :lmao: Paybacks are hell. He'll slip in dog-crap, I'll fall down on the motorcycle when I hit the gravel and, hopefully, not in the dog-crap.

I don't really let her crap in anyone's yard.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
happyappygirl said:
then he'll balk :lol:

Make sure you have long reins or something with poppers on the end. When he balks, take a short length of that rein (about a foot) use one hand to smack it from side to side on the saddle in the area of his shoulders across in front of your body. DON'T i repeat DON'T slap your nose as you go from side to side :lol: don't ask me how i know this happens :lol:

Most important thing is to give immediate relief when he takes even the slightest motion or step in the direction you want, but don't make a mountain out of a mole hill when he does go forward, that's his JOB.

CANT DO THAT WITH HIM!!!!!!!!!!!! He has had a buggy whip used on him I think that will cause him to loose his mind..

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Pasofever said:
CANT DO THAT WITH HIM!!!!!!!!!!!! He has had a buggy whip used on him I think that will cause him to loose his mind..

buggy whip on his BUT. Slapping the saddle side to side and kissing for forward motion is NOT the same thing as being beat with buggy whip.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
happyappygirl said:
buggy whip on his BUT. Slapping the saddle side to side and kissing for forward motion is NOT the same thing as being beat with buggy whip.

I know that but I know this horse...I want to watch you do it with him...pretty please....Ask Remax what he will do.. :whistle:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Pasofever said:
I know that but I know this horse...I want to watch you do it with him...pretty please....Ask Remax what he will do.. :whistle:

he's already trying to buck HER off. i ain't gonna ride him.
sounds like he also needs a LOT of ground work. YOU suggested she take him to vacation with the Amish.....didn't ya?

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
happyappygirl said:
he's already trying to buck HER off. i ain't gonna ride him.
sounds like he also needs a LOT of ground work. YOU suggested she take him to vacation with the Amish.....didn't ya?

This boy was great...remember the big bay we brought to your house that Bill rode???....(ROAD TROT!) One day Remax found her saddle messed with stirrups down etc..and Lou was a NUT...I got on him and promptly got right back off..If you want to "over and under him" when he is petrified I want to watch..really do..he does COMMON.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Pasofever said:
This boy was great...remember the big bay we brought to your house that Bill rode???....(ROAD TROT!) One day Remax found her saddle messed with stirrups down etc..and Lou was a NUT...I got on him and promptly got right back off..If you want to "over and under him" when he is petrified I want to watch..really do..he does COMMON.

OH YEAH i remember jalopity :lol: not a mean bone in his body.

What do you think happened to make such a dramatic change in the horse? who gave someone permission to ride him??

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Pasofever said:
She does not know who it was. I dont think anyone knows..wierd ha?
I before E, except after C. Or when sounded like A, as in "neighbor" or "weigh".

Weird, huh?