• Kirk Hammett

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Yngieway Malmsteen

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PsyOps

Pixelated
...that the 'poorest' player on the list is winning by miles.

Before anyone gets upset, Hendrix was a ground breaker and an innovator and very talented. Point is, hypothetically speaking, everyone on that list would blow him off the stage, except maybe Slash, on a decent night. And I mean by a lot.

Wow... something I agree with you on. I have always revered Hendrix as (sort of) cutting edge in terms of sound and use of amps and feedback and all that noise, but his technical abilities left a lot to be desired.

K

kris31280

If I had to choose only one of those, it would be Zakk Wylde because the sound he could get to come out of that guitar was amazing.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Just...

Found a pretty good top 100 list here.

Musician's Friend - Guitar.com: Guitar.com Top 100 - The 100 Greatest Guitarists Who Ever Lived!

Most of the guitarists mentioned already in this thread are in the list. (Except the ones I mentioned.) Go figure.

...for fun; This is strictly from my opinion of these people as a PLAYER. Not an innovator or producer or arranger or writer or singer or entertainer, just a player.

Top guys who are over rated; Page, Beck, BB, Hendrix

Hetfield does not even belong on the list. Nor does Cobain.

Ed King was the ONLY guitar player in Skynrd.

Lifeson, over rated.

The rest would be rather pointless nit picking though there are some travesty's on that list in terms of people above or below others.

...for fun; This is strictly from my opinion of these people as a PLAYER. Not an innovator or producer or arranger or writer or singer or entertainer, just a player.

Top guys who are over rated; Page, Beck, BB, Hendrix

Hetfield does not even belong on the list. Nor does Cobain.

Ed King was the ONLY guitar player in Skynrd.

Lifeson, over rated.

The rest would be rather pointless nit picking though there are some travesty's on that list in terms of people above or below others.

This has always been a pissing contest - if you read Guitar World, they will have a different list - even thought it is all metal...

BLABBERMOUTH.NET - GUITAR WORLD's 100 Greatest Heavy Metal Guitarists Of All Time

It all boils down to the individual - hindsight tells sux2b that she should have put out a blanket question like "So who is your favorite guitarist and why?" :lol: We laughed about it over lunch...

My boy will dig his heals in about Zakk Wylde and Slash being the best... but that is his .02 - otherwise he will just tune you out and not even listen! :lmao:

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
All...

This has always been a pissing contest - if you read Guitar World, they will have a different list - even thought it is all metal...

BLABBERMOUTH.NET - GUITAR WORLD's 100 Greatest Heavy Metal Guitarists Of All Time

It all boils down to the individual - hindsight tells sux2b that she should have put out a blanket question like "So who is your favorite guitarist and why?" :lol: We laughed about it over lunch...

My boy will dig his heals in about Zakk Wylde and Slash being the best... but that is his .02 - otherwise he will just tune you out and not even listen! :lmao:

...I'd ask anyone to do is check out a few Danny Gatton vids. He just does so much, so tastefully, so well. Zakk deserves to be up there. Slash is just not a top player. There is a definite destinction among the truly great players and then everybody else.

If someone said Danny is the best I'd make no argument.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
...is the kind of stuff I won't listen to when I am feeling good about my playing. Fortuneatlye, I haven't touched a guitar in a week, so, I can enjoy without wanting to cut my fingers off and feed them to the cats. :lmao:
Pity. :ohwell:

:yay: After I posted about Danny, I was listening to that clip last night and almost posted it. I just wanted to make sure my memory of how phenomenal he was matched actuality...and it sure did...and then some. Wow.