• Yngieway Malmsteen

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Victor Wooten - Bela Fleck & The Flecktones
:yay: I've seen them in concert 2 or 3 times. He and his brother Future Man are absolutely amazing. :yahoo: And I can't say enough about Bela other than :notworthy - absolutely phenomenal!

Other ones my list (and *slightly* weighted towards jazz musicians):

Jaco Pastorius
Stanley Clarke
Marcus Miller
Bootsy Collins
James Jamerson
Larry Graham

I can't think of any more right now, but I'm sure there are a few more that need to be on my list. :lol:

T

Toreadoralpha

:yay: I've seen them in concert 2 or 3 times. He and his brother Future Man are absolutely amazing. :yahoo: And I can't say enough about Bela other than :notworthy - absolutely phenomenal!

Other ones my list (and *slightly* weighted towards jazz musicians):

Jaco Pastorius
Stanley Clarke
Marcus Miller
Bootsy Collins
James Jamerson
Larry Graham

I can't think of any more right now, but I'm sure there are a few more that need to be on my list. :lol:

I've got to admit I don't know squat about jazz. I can't recall a single name from your list.

I guess I'm still in the "Too old to Rock'N'Roll, too young to die" category, although I've been turning to Blues with more frequency.

Don't judge me too harshly jazzlady! :smoochy:

T

Toreadoralpha

Oh, and I finally voted in the poll, it took all day for me to think about it. I finally went with Steve Vai.

T

Toreadoralpha

Here is a link to the Rolling Stone review of my favorite concert of all time.

Rolling Stone 1/19/84

It was called Ronnie Lane's appeal for ARMS (Active Research for MS)

On 13 DEC 1983 I got to be front row, no seats, to see.

Jimmy Page - Jeff Beck - Eric Clapton - Joe Cocker - Charlie Watts - Bill Wyman - Paul Rodgers - Kenny Jones - Andy Fairweather-Low - Kenny Jones - and more.

All greats on stage together. It was one great night, except for my 1st OD, but that is another tale for another time. I was 17 and didn't know how good I had it.

T

tiny_dancer33

You forgot Buckethead. Crazy, yes...crazy amazing.

All the others are fantastic too.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I've got to admit I don't know squat about jazz. I can't recall a single name from your list.

I guess I'm still in the "Too old to Rock'N'Roll, too young to die" category, although I've been turning to Blues with more frequency.

Don't judge me too harshly jazzlady! :smoochy:

No problem. Not everybody "gets" jazz - kind of like I don't "get" most country and rap. :lol:

The first 3 are jazz musicians, which probably not a lot of people have heard of but the next 3 aren't. Bootsy Collins made his name playing with James Brown in the 60's and was the bassist for Parliament-Funkadelic in the 70's. James Jamerson is famous for playing on a lot of Motown hits in the 60's and 70's. Larry Graham was the bassist for 'Sly & The Family Stone.'

I'm trying to remember who the bassist was for George Benson and Al Jarreau when I saw them in concert last year but I'm drawing an absolute blank. But I've never seen anyone play the bass while at the same time playing the tambourine...with his FOOT. Absolutely amazing. :shocking:

gumbo

FIGHT CLUB !
I can't believe this poll. JIMI HENDRIX! Oh God what a laugh.:killingme
Jimi was one of the most creative in his time, piggy backing high out put Marshall amps to create a lot of feed back.
But worlds greatest guitarist.:killingme He was very sloppy and covered it up with feedback from his amps.
Every guitar player on this list is a better guitarist than Jimi

Hands down on this list, the two with the most talent, fastest fingers and cleanest guitar playing, are Eddie Van Halen and Randy Rhoades.

Zakk Wilde 3 11.11%
Jimmi Hendrix 12 44.44%
Steve Vai 3 11.11%
Randy Rhoades 1 3.70%
Slash 1 3.70%
Eddie Van Halen 4 14.81%
Kirk Hammett 1 3.70%
Yngieway Malmsteen

PsyOps

Pixelated
So, any more recordings yourself?

I've been spending a lot of time with learning Emmanuel tunes. I got a new Taylor acoustic for Christmas so I have been playing it to death. I did post a new one called "Let Me Drive" on myspace. Not sure if I notified you on that. A little grungy, hope you can tolerate it.

E

(((echo)))

I couldnt find the actual video of the solo....but if you want fast hands just listen to this solo...

YM is sooooooooo fast and clean...

But - I still love ZW!

ZW Then...

ZW Now...

Plus - he plays the piano... (go to about 2:10 - he does them at all the BLS concerts...)

Giantone

Sorry but a posting like this is plan silly ,hell Eddi VanHalen is only #70 on Rolling Stone's list.

Where is...................
Jeff Beck
Prince
Carlos Santana
Mark Knophler
B.B.King
Bo Diddley

.....................ERIC CLAPTON???

This needs to be bumped!