Biden's America Last Program

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
So is the administration actually surrendering to the virus itself? I wouldn’t say that because there was never any reality where we eradicated a virus that is clearly endemic and seasonal. “Winning” against COVID always looked like developing therapeutics that allowed humanity to coexist with it. And given the waning efficacy of the vaccines and the fact that they don’t stop infection, they are basically a type of therapeutic at this point.

But what the Biden administration is surrendering on is the pie in the sky notion that if everyone gets vaccinated, that COVID will cease to exist. We’ve known for a long time that the vaccinated both spread the coronavirus and contract it. In light of that reality, the situation has now become so untenable that the White House simply can’t continue to pretend that their lies about the vaccines and transmission are true any longer. I’ve lost count of how many times Biden claimed in the past that if you got vaccinated, you wouldn’t get COVID. That talking point is dead, and for the record, it was never factual.

Then there’s the political part of this. Biden spent all of 2020 insisting he had the plan to beat COVID. He was going to shut down the virus, stop the spread, and lead us into a new era of prosperity. Putting aside arguments about election security, Biden took office almost solely because he made those promises to a naive public. He’s now broken them, and the president is left having to concede to his critics that they were right.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Biden Administration Imposes New Fuel Efficiency Regulations, Aiming For ‘Zero-Emissions Future’

The new EPA regulations require all new cars and light-duty vehicles to achieve an average fuel efficiency standard of 40 miles per gallon. This is a slight increase from the 38 miles per gallon standard the EPA suggested in its original proposal and an increase of 8 miles per gallon from the rule imposed by former President Trump’s EPA in 2020.

“Today, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is finalizing the most ambitious federal greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions standards for passenger cars and light trucks ever,” The EPA wrote in a press release announcing the rules. “The final standards, for Model Years (MY) 2023 through 2026, leverage advances in clean car technology to unlock $190 billion in net benefits to Americans, including reducing climate pollution, improving public health, and saving drivers money at the pump.”

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Looks like Brandon wants everyone to drive a Jetta TDI. I consistently see 42-45 mpg. :yay:

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Looks like Brandon wants everyone to drive a Jetta TDI. I consistently see 42-45 mpg. :yay:
or...

honda_100364048_m.jpg

Hijinx

They are putting up standards that car manufacturers cannot meet,
Just another action against Americans to force us into their green vehicles that most of us cannot afford and don't want.

Oh well: I can always buy a used golf cart for a couple of thousand dollars I suppose.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Give it time and Democrats will have everyone riding bicycles and living in their cars.

Get ready for Americathon 2024.

Newsweek: Fact Check: Have More Americans Died From COVID Under Joe Biden Than Donald Trump?
Spoiler Alert: they have a lot of twist and turns to conclude "NO", but what cannot be disputed is 100% of the Biden count displayed by them includes vaccinations yet their findings are only a minute different. And in NONE of these articles does the number of those damaged by the vaccinations come into account.
Fact Check: Have More Americans Died From COVID Under Joe Biden Than Donald Trump? (msn.com)

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
'Alternate Universe': Republicans Respond After Michigan Democrat Claimed Biden's Economy Is 'Flourishing'

"I'm not sure what alternate universe the Left is living in, but Americans are struggling now more than ever," McClain said in a statement to Fox News. "Inflation is the highest it's been in 39 years at 6.8%, employers are struggling to fill 11 million open jobs and the supply chain crisis is causing store shelves to remain empty through the holiday season."

"The American people are smart enough to see through this rhetoric and false narrative the Democrats are pushing," she continued.
GOP chairwoman Ronna McDaniel also took issue with Stevens' remarks, telling Fox News Tuesday that the Biden administration and other Democrats are touting an economy that is hurting the American people "because of their failed policies."

"The hallmarks of their failures include a supply chain crisis, skyrocketing prices on everything from gas to groceries, record inflation, and a depleted job market," McDaniel said. "As Democrats push for tax cuts for the rich while simultaneously raising taxes on American workers and businesses, Republican leaders will continue to lead the economic recovery with pro-growth and pro-business policies in their states."

herb749

Newsweek: Fact Check: Have More Americans Died From COVID Under Joe Biden Than Donald Trump?
Spoiler Alert: they have a lot of twist and turns to conclude "NO", but what cannot be disputed is 100% of the Biden count displayed by them includes vaccinations yet their findings are only a minute different. And in NONE of these articles does the number of those damaged by the vaccinations come into account.
Fact Check: Have More Americans Died From COVID Under Joe Biden Than Donald Trump? (msn.com)

Newsweek can't keep covering for Joe since he has ( regrettably ) 3 more yrs to add to his total. Or the new excuse will be Trump's total was in less time.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Biden Administration Imposes New Fuel Efficiency Regulations, Aiming For ‘Zero-Emissions Future’

The new EPA regulations require all new cars and light-duty vehicles to achieve an average fuel efficiency standard of 40 miles per gallon. This is a slight increase from the 38 miles per gallon standard the EPA suggested in its original proposal and an increase of 8 miles per gallon from the rule imposed by former President Trump’s EPA in 2020.

“Today, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is finalizing the most ambitious federal greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions standards for passenger cars and light trucks ever,” The EPA wrote in a press release announcing the rules. “The final standards, for Model Years (MY) 2023 through 2026, leverage advances in clean car technology to unlock $190 billion in net benefits to Americans, including reducing climate pollution, improving public health, and saving drivers money at the pump.”
If higher fuel mileage gas cars were an actual possibility, the car manufacturers would have built them a long time ago to cater to those that want to, or need to, save on the gas pump bills. There has always been a market for those that want a fuel sipping car. However, in reality, it is just not feasible, or practical. Now, if they really wanted to "reduce emissions" or go to "zero emissions" They'd invent/create a safe hydrogen powered car that emits only water vapor.

Or eliminate every carbon exhaling creature on the planet, and cap and plug up all the vulcanos, and prevent forest fires too.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

An article from Hearst regarding inflation back in 1933 during the NRA era, (Notice the NRA logo on the left of the banner). Humm. After looking at this, appears I have to find the beginning portion of his article. But you can get the idea.

Hijinx

In 1960 I bought a Morris Minor Mini 850 Car.
It got 40 miles to the gallon of gas, It was a peppy little car and held the road like it was on tracks.
It had a piece of cable to open the door , the upholstery was cheap, it had rubber rugs. It held 4 people and got them up and down the road.
They raced them in Britain . Basically Cooper made the same car, and you could buy a hot rod version of it It was really fast

I had a great time in that little car. I paid $1200 dollars for it brand new.
In later years the little car came back and was called the Mini.
They stretched the wheel out they stretched the body out they put in fancy upholstery, and made it weigh a lot more because of the options they added. It got a lot less gas mileage, and the cost went waaay up. I looked at one and as far as I was concerned they destroyed the car.
Much like the Volkswagen I once owned. It was almost literally an cheaply upholstered 55 gallon drum with an engine. But it was cheap
I was disappointed with the fuel mileage of it,---around 25 MPG, but it was cheap transportation. Later they decorated it filled it with options and raised the price. There is no longer a really cheap vehicle with good gas mileage on the road. Just like pick up trucks.
It's hard to find one with crank up windows and rubber floor mats. They are mostly luxury trucks and sell for $50,000 dollars or more . A friend just bought a Ford F-150 Hybrid pick-up and paid $76,000 dollars for it.
That's a bit more than I can spend for a truck.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
They are mostly luxury trucks and sell for $50,000 dollars or more . A friend just bought a Ford F-150 Hybrid pick-up and paid $76,000 dollars for it.
That's a bit more than I can spend for a truck.
My 2014 had a sticker of $48k. The only reason I was able to buy it was the deep factory and dealer discounts, which brought it down to under $36k. With pricing the way it is now and few incentives, they are way out of my acceptable range.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
With the chip shortages currently in the mix, it'll be surprising if there are any incentives to buy vs. a take it or leave it attitude since new items are in short supply.

Hijinx

With the chip shortages currently in the mix, it'll be surprising if there are any incentives to buy vs. a take it or leave it attitude since new items are in short supply.

I wanted to buy a new Suzuki outboard motor. The dealer has none and has no idea when he will get one.
Leonardtown Ford has put their used cars in front of the dealership to try to hide the fact he has no cars, He did get a couple of Bronco's I see them sitting there.
Remember when pick up trucks were meant for work?

The Cafe laws forced people to buy pick up trucks and changed all of that.
I am wondering what this new Biden ruling about average fuel mileage being 55 MPG is going to bring us.
Certainly nothing I can afford.