Buying a house together w/o being married...

Toxick

Splat
Qurious said:
He trusts me to certain degrees.

He gives me his credit cards, pin numbers, pass codes to all of his financial business. I pay all the bills in the house right now...

Account numbers, safety deposit boxes...he gives me access to.

But yet you dont trust me when buying a house???

It doesn't make sense. :eyebrow:

It makes perfect sense.

This man is completely unwilling to make a commitment to you in any fashion.

Credit cards, PIN numbers, passcodes, and accounts ... these are very, very easy things to change, when you no longer want someone to have access to them.

Mortgage, deeds, shared-ownership... these are commitments.

It says right in the title of the thread, no marriage - and no engagement. Why do you think that is?

IMO, Love or not, the relationship has gone forward about as far as it's going to go. Sorry :(

Qurious

Im On 1.
Nickel said:
SOUNDS LIKE A PERSONAL PROBLEM TO ME

From the way you portray yourself, you're putting more stock in the relationship than he is. So you have two choices. Stick with it and hope things improve, or gather your pride and move on. Our opinions cannot make your decision.

Thank you!

Its always interesting to see someone else's view...thats why I put it to the board.

Its not like im going to say to him "well Nickel from SoMd forums told me to leave you."

:lmao:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Qurious said:
Thank you!

Its always interesting to see someone else's view...thats why I put it to the board.

Its not like im going to say to him "well Nickel from SoMd forums told me to leave you."

Nickel from somd forums told you no such thing.

Qurious

Im On 1.
Toxick said:
It makes perfect sense.

This man is completely unwilling to make a commitment to you in any fashion.

Credit cards, PIN numbers, passcodes, and accounts ... these are very, very easy things to change, when you no longer want someone to have access to them.

Mortgage, deeds, shared-ownership... these are commitments.

It says right in the title of the thread, no marriage - and no engagement. Why do you think that is?

IMO, Love or not, the relationship has gone forward about as far as it's going to go. Sorry :(

No need to be sorry...brutal truth is necessary in this situation.

Love conquers all is such a lie.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
itsbob said:
AGAIN.. I'm telling you it has NOTHING to do with Common Law ANYTHING.. Hope you were talking to Real Estate Lawyers, and asked the right questions.

Your words:

represented yourself as being married.. ie, living together, and CAN be construed as an overnight stay.. then the deed can be assumed to be (can't remember the term) a shared deed the same as a married couple.

That IS common law which does not exist in MD. When we sold his house and bought "our" first house which was financed jointly we had several options as to types of loans. We opted with 100% financing but had we not done that and used ANY of the profit from the sale of "his" house he would have had to sign and have notorized a letter "gifting" me half of the money because even though I lived there for a year and shared the bills I was not entitled to a PENNY of the profit from the sale.

dustin

UAIOE
Qurious said:
Thank you!

admit it you just like the drama

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
pixiegirl said:
Your words:

represented yourself as being married.. ie, living together, and CAN be construed as an overnight stay.. then the deed can be assumed to be (can't remember the term) a shared deed the same as a married couple.

That IS common law which does not exist in MD. When we sold his house and bought "our" first house which was financed jointly we had several options as to types of loans. We opted with 100% financing but had we not done that and used ANY of the profit from the sale of "his" house he would have had to sign and have notorized a letter "gifting" me half of the money because even though I lived there for a year and shared the bills I was not entitled to a PENNY of the profit from the sale.
FYI, you can have your name on a mortgage, w/out it being on the deed. :biggrin:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Chasey_Lane said:
FYI, you can have your name on a mortgage, w/out it being on the deed. :biggrin:

Thanks, I've never bought a house and was looking for someone with expertice to give me advice! :lmao:

sockgirl77

Qurious said:
Let me add:

w/o being engaged....
w/o your name being on the deed....

He says: "we'll do all of that stuff later on down the line when I feel comfortable, right now I just dont trust you."

Trying to buy by April. That doesn't give me much time to put together my plan B does it :eyebrow:

He's sticking to his gunz and im sticking to mine - I refuse to be: :buttkick: in 2006.

Friends, family on both our ends wanna :smack:

And im sure most of you will say the same...

Thoughts, comments :popcorn:
Maybe he thinks you are a lesbian. :shrug:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Chasey_Lane said:
Okay. :confused: I just so happen to know a couple who have done the deed/mortgage swap.

Exactly, your knowledge is second hand. I've had a realtor tell me the opposite. Your name can be on the deed without being on the mortgage but you're name can not be on the morgage without being on the deed. Which totally makes since if someone defaults on their mortgage and has their property forclosed on. How can a bank reposes property from someone other then who their contract was with? They can't.