Capitals / Penguins

Baz

This. ------------------>
Caps havent looked very good the last 2 games, they need to shoot more, stop looking for the pretty play. Green needs to step up and play like in the regular season, Semin needs to wake up also.
Gonchar is a big loss for the Pens, when he was out during the regular season they didnt play so well. Pens coach is like our coach was last year when he took over, team made a complete turn around. Caps need tomorrows game or it could be over, dont wont to go back to Pitt a game down.

If the Caps lose tomorrow, it IS over.

Baz

Odd how the Carolina game sort of mirrored the Pens game, at least from what I could tell from bouncing back and forth.

The Canes have their boot on the throat of the Bruins. That series is over.

Baz

Caps havent looked very good the last 2 games, they need to shoot more, stop looking for the pretty play. Green needs to step up and play like in the regular season, Semin needs to wake up also.
Gonchar is a big loss for the Pens, when he was out during the regular season they didnt play so well. Pens coach is like our coach was last year when he took over, team made a complete turn around. Caps need tomorrows game or it could be over, dont wont to go back to Pitt a game down.

Another adjustment the Penguins have made, is they moved Talbot up to Malkin's line, to be a Divechkin killer. Except for the givaaway off the bad bounce in Game 3, Divechkin's been held off the score sheet, unless I missed something.

Black-Francis

Another adjustment the Penguins have made, is they moved Talbot up to Malkin's line, to be a Divechkin killer. Except for the givaaway off the bad bounce in Game 3, Divechkin's been held off the score sheet, unless I missed something.

He had an assist tonight.

Baz

:confused: Isn't that what was said when they were down 3-1 to the Rangers?

Isn't it past your bedtime, kid?
The Pens are much stronger than the Rangers. In fact, you can see me talking the Rangers as weak.

It's there, Barnaby Jones. Go find it.

Baz

Caps are looking much better tonight. Varly seems to have recovered from his bad game last night.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Damn good game! Great efforts by Capitals but Penguins are good at overtime & power plays.

Monday in Pittsburgh!

go Penguins! :yahoo:

Baz

Damn good game! Great efforts by Capitals but Penguins are good at overtime & power plays.

Monday in Pittsburgh!

go Penguins! :yahoo:

The Penguins aren't nearly as good on PP's as they should be, but they're doing okay.

Bylsma has them shooting the puck often. And their D has stepped up. Fleury could be better, but is getting it done. A solid effort from the Pens. The secondary scorers are contributing, finally.

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Where are all the "hardcore" Caps fans??? :confused:

I can't call myself a hardcore fan; I can't name 1/2 the team or the position they play. However, they have renewed my interest in the game including an appreciation for the play in general, including how other teams play.

Bottom line, two super stars are trumping one.

:buddies: