Capitals / Penguins

B

Beaver-Cleaver

A Fact???

Oh, yes. You're the guy that always fantasizes his opinions are facts. :lol:

Don't want to be penalized, don't commit penalties. Easy enough.

How many :bs: penalties were called on the Caps so far?

You're a moron. Go back to Pittsburgh.

Baz

This. ------------------>
Just wondering.

If your Caps do get to the EC Finals, and face the Hurricanes.

Are they still going to stick with that rediculous "Rock the Red" rally? The Canes wore red far longer than the new Caps have. The Black/Gold/Blue didn't treat them, so well. And seeing how so many other teams established "Red", I'm trying to understand why the Caps think they're so clever.

Enlighten me, those of you that were fans before April.

Black-Francis

Are they still going to stick with that rediculous "Rock the Red" rally? The Canes wore red far longer than the new Caps have. The Black/Gold/Blue didn't treat them, so well. And seeing how so many other teams established "Red", I'm trying to understand why the Caps think they're so clever.

Caps were "Rockin the Red" long before Carolina was even a team. Caps original colors of red, white and blue were established long before Hartford's move to Carolina, NumbNuts....

ridley.jpg

048040.jpg
Ridley and Hatcher in 1990

away_jersey-1985_big.jpg
1985 Jersey

LabreWas.jpg
Oh look, it's Yvon Labre "rockin the red" in the friggin' seventies.....

It's called marketing, douchebag!
Now please go away!

Last edited:

Otter

Nothing to see here
I know why Caps fans are ignorant of the rules and penalties.

When their homer broadcasters say things like "...it was a slash, but at this point in the game you have to let them play...".... When they whine about a slash that breaks the stick of the opponent...and then blame the STICK!!!!

That's Bull####. If it's a slash, it's a slash. Whether it be in the first period of the first game of the season, or Game 7 of the SC Finals.

:lol: you are ignorant of playoff hockey..:dur:

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
I watched from about 7:45 til the end...

That was a good game, some of the calls were a little sketchy, I honestly think that last penatly with 2:02 left in reg. was a little sketchy..

It didn't look like he hit the stick hard at all, and next thing you know it goes flying, whistle blows... TO ME, this is just my opinion, it looked like a dive play... But at the same time, it was called, nothing you can do about it...

See you in game 7, S.V for MVP :duel:

now, off topic for a minute, Brashir gets a HUGE suspension for coming out, throwing a shoulder and laying a guy out... and whats his name gets a $2,500.00 dollar FINE for throwing A SUCKER PUNCH!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!!!!!

LastSon

Man of Tomorrow

Baz, its not that the Capitals think that they're being clever with the "Rock the Red" campaign. Every year most sports team come up with a PR campaign slogan. The Wizards, Orioles, Nationals, even the Redskins to a certain extent all have very recognizable slogans that they'll use each season. Last year however, the Caps took on the "Rock the Red" campaign as theirs, and during their ridiculous march to get into the playoffs last season, it just exploded. The fan base and the team embraced it, and that along with "Unleash the Fury" became the rallying cries for the fan base, and it just carried over into this year. It wouldn't shock me if next year you saw them with a few new slogans, but still keep with the Red theme that has really generated a lot of buzz in the area.

LastSon

Man of Tomorrow
now, off topic for a minute, Brashir gets a HUGE suspension for coming out, throwing a shoulder and laying a guy out... and whats his name gets a $2,500.00 dollar FINE for throwing A SUCKER PUNCH!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!!!!!

Aaron Ward deserved to get knocked the ef out, and I'm glad that the NHL didn't suspend Scott Walker for the hit. Matt Cullen took a wrist shot and was basically defenseless as Ward cross checked him in the face, Walker skated over to make sure that it didn't happen again, and then all of a sudden Ward turned pacifist, decided he wanted no part of Walker, and got knocked out nonetheless, and I say good. And this is exactly why you can't get rid of fighting in hockey, because of punks like Aaron Ward who think they can cross check defenseless players in the face without facing any consequences.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Aaron Ward deserved to get knocked the ef out, and I'm glad that the NHL didn't suspend Scott Walker for the hit. Matt Cullen took a wrist shot and was basically defenseless as Ward cross checked him in the face, Walker skated over to make sure that it didn't happen again, and then all of a sudden Ward turned pacifist, decided he wanted no part of Walker, and got knocked out nonetheless, and I say good. And this is exactly why you can't get rid of fighting in hockey, because of punks like Aaron Ward who think they can cross check defenseless players in the face without facing any consequences.

If crosschecking people to the face was a 5 minute/game misconduct AND a fine AND a suspension, that would be that.

I don't miss fighting at all and I don't miss much of the chipiness that has gone away as well.

Every game I've watched these playoffs, especially the Caps/Penns, has been an entertaining, flowing, attacking and fun to watch game with none of the clutching and grabbing and holding of a decade ago that made the playoffs these incredibly tight, boring affairs where one goal was titanically huge.

I like this. :buddies:

LastSon

Man of Tomorrow
Larry, I agree, and I think the rule changes that occured post-lock out have worked. The league showcases their special talents now, and they weren't doing that before. The games flow better, scoring is up, and its a much more entertaining game to watch, especially on TV as compared to pre-lock out. But at the same time, how many face washes and little get togethers do you see at the end of almost every play right now? The pushing and the shoving annoys me. Its like when you see two people about to fight and one of them is like "You're lucky my friend is holding me back" when the friend is barely even standing in front of him. Right now in the NHL you have a bunch of guys that act tough because there is no threat of actually having to be tough. *cough*Crosby*cough*

Otter

Nothing to see here
Larry, I agree, and I think the rule changes that occured post-lock out have worked. The league showcases their special talents now, and they weren't doing that before. The games flow better, scoring is up, and its a much more entertaining game to watch, especially on TV as compared to pre-lock out. But at the same time, how many face washes and little get togethers do you see at the end of almost every play right now? The pushing and the shoving annoys me. Its like when you see two people about to fight and one of them is like "You're lucky my friend is holding me back" when the friend is barely even standing in front of him. Right now in the NHL you have a bunch of guys that act tough because there is no threat of actually having to be tough. *cough*Crosby*cough*

I am far from being a Pens fans, but in a hockey sense, Crosby is very tough, you don't get the goals he gets in front of the goal mouth unless you are tough. I see now why he is thought to be so special, unbelievable hand eye coordination and quickness. I'll still call him Cindy, but thats just to irk Pens fans.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I am far from being a Pens fans, but in a hockey sense, Crosby is very tough, you don't get the goals he gets in front of the goal mouth unless you are tough. I see now why he is thought to be so special, unbelievable hand eye coordination and quickness...

He is awesome. :buddies:

Larry Gude

Strung Out

I hear you, but, either they start putting guys in the box for pushing and shoving or we accept that in context of losing the fights and improving the overall play.

In the old days, the shot Marly got in the back of the head in, what, game 3? during a pile up would have meant a full out brawl AND retribution the next game or two, back and forth. Thug fest.

The league can just look at the tapes and make that kind of thing too expensive.

I'd always said that the NHL needs to go to the Olympic style, free skating, but could never build the rinks that big to give guys room. I'm truly impressed how much skating does go on now with the smaller rink.

Good stuff.

B

Beaver-Cleaver

I hear you, but, either they start putting guys in the box for pushing and shoving or we accept that in context of losing the fights and improving the overall play.

In the old days, the shot Marly got in the back of the head in, what, game 3? during a pile up would have meant a full out brawl AND retribution the next game or two, back and forth. Thug fest.

The league can just look at the tapes and make that kind of thing too expensive.

I'd always said that the NHL needs to go to the Olympic style, free skating, but could never build the rinks that big to give guys room. I'm truly impressed how much skating does go on now with the smaller rink.

Good stuff.

I love playoff hockey.

No matter who wins, Wednesday Night's game is going to be entertaining! :starcat:

LastSon

Man of Tomorrow
I am far from being a Pens fans, but in a hockey sense, Crosby is very tough, you don't get the goals he gets in front of the goal mouth unless you are tough. I see now why he is thought to be so special, unbelievable hand eye coordination and quickness. I'll still call him Cindy, but thats just to irk Pens fans.

While I'm not disagreeing with you that he does have some truly amazing skills, you also have to realize that it is due to the rule changes that he is allowed to have free reign in front of the net. Basically the only option defensemen are left against a player like that is to get their stick under his and give him a little lift-check before he can get his stick on the puck.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
While I'm not disagreeing with you that he does have some truly amazing skills, you also have to realize that it is due to the rule changes that he is allowed to have free reign in front of the net. Basically the only option defensemen are left against a player like that is to get their stick under his and give him a little lift-check before he can get his stick on the puck.

OK, but is it rugby or hockey? I understand what you are saying; 10 years ago, he'd lose his teeth one night, his ribs the next, his life the third. :lol:
But, it's a two way street. The rules don't just benefit Crosby.

The game, to me, is so far superior, it's actually stunning and, as I say, not just my team, but every game I've watched. These playoffs may ignite hockey back up the popularity scale again.