Capitals / Penguins

LastSon

Man of Tomorrow
OK, but is it rugby or hockey? I understand what you are saying; 10 years ago, he'd lose his teeth one night, his ribs the next, his life the third. :lol:
But, it's a two way street. The rules don't just benefit Crosby.

The game, to me, is so far superior, it's actually stunning and, as I say, not just my team, but every game I've watched. These playoffs may ignite hockey back up the popularity scale again.

Absolutely, I very much enjoy this game. What I was trying to point out was the fact that I don't think Crosby should be lauded over for doing something that a bum like Sean Avery can do. He has much more admireable parts to his game. Heck, he's put up almost as many falling to his knees, still get it past the goalie type goals as Ovie has in their careers.

Baz

This. ------------------>
Caps were "Rockin the Red" long before Carolina was even a team. Caps original colors of red, white and blue were established long before Hartford's move to Carolina, NumbNuts....

It's called marketing, douchebag!
Now please go away!

No kidding. That's why I said "the new Caps". They were originally red, abandoned that color for black, and recently decided to change back to red. They were so proud of this change back to red that they centered their marketing around the color of their uniforms.

"We need a new catchphrase. I know! We have red jerseys, right? Except for Calgary, Carolina, Chicago, Detroit, Montreal, New Jersey, Ottawa, and Phoenix, we're the only team who wears red. So let's highlight that!"

:lol:

Nothing to get your panties in a bunch over, I just find it a bit lame. But hey, Caps fans love it, and that's what matters. :yay:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Absolutely, I very much enjoy this game. What I was trying to point out was the fact that I don't think Crosby should be lauded over for doing something that a bum like Sean Avery can do. He has much more admireable parts to his game. Heck, he's put up almost as many falling to his knees, still get it past the goalie type goals as Ovie has in their careers.

Sean Avery? Come on!

Baz

Aaron Ward deserved to get knocked the ef out, and I'm glad that the NHL didn't suspend Scott Walker for the hit. Matt Cullen took a wrist shot and was basically defenseless as Ward cross checked him in the face, Walker skated over to make sure that it didn't happen again, and then all of a sudden Ward turned pacifist, decided he wanted no part of Walker, and got knocked out nonetheless, and I say good. And this is exactly why you can't get rid of fighting in hockey, because of punks like Aaron Ward who think they can cross check defenseless players in the face without facing any consequences.

I agree that Ward deserved what he got, but I am surprised Walker didn't at the least get a one game suspension.

Black-Francis

No kidding. That's why I said "the new Caps". They were originally red, abandoned that color for black, and recently decided to change back to red. They were so proud of this change back to red that they centered their marketing around the color of their uniforms.

"We need a new catchphrase. I know! We have red jerseys, right? Except for Calgary, Carolina, Chicago, Detroit, Montreal, New Jersey, Ottawa, and Phoenix, we're the only team who wears red. So let's highlight that!"

Nothing to get your panties in a bunch over, I just find it a bit lame. But hey, Caps fans love it, and that's what matters. :yay:

no kidding, it's called money and marketing, idiot!!

donbarzini

Just like all the Burgess Meredith fans indulging in the "White-out" last night.
Right? Let's see, Bruins, Canadiens, Flyers, Detroit.........etc. But it's only lame when a non-Pittsburgh team does it. Do I have it right? And what makes it worse is they wear the black jerseys @home.

Putz.

Last edited:

Baz

Just like all the Burgess Meredith fans indulging in the "White-out" last night.
Right? Let's see, Bruins, Canadiens, Flyers, Detroit.........etc. But it's only lame when a non-Pittsburgh team does it. Do I have it right? And what makes it worse is they wear the black jerseys @home.

Putz.

Awwww. Caps fans just a tad bit senstive about "Rock the Red". :lmao:

donbarzini

Awwww. Caps fans just a tad bit senstive about "Rock the Red". :lmao:

I'm a Bruins fan born and raised, sunshine. And your pissant little Pens stole our colors trying to ride the Steelers coattails. And I've hated The Crapitals since they ruined Bobby Carpenter. But I hate overbearing, supercilious Penguin fans more.

Baz

I'm a Bruins fan born and raised, sunshine. And your pissant little Pens stole our colors trying to ride the Steelers coattails. And I've hated The Crapitals since they ruined Bobby Carpenter. But I hate overbearing, supercilious Penguin fans more.

You're barking up the wrong tree, I'm pulling for the Canes. True, I'd enjoy watching the Pens beat the Caps, but that's the extent of it. Your Bruins roughed up the Canes pretty badly the other night, but they should rebound tonight at home.

OldHillcrestGuy

When their homer broadcasters say things like "...it was a slash, but at this point in the game you have to let them play...".... When they whine about a slash that breaks the stick of the opponent...and then blame the STICK!!!!

Im a little slow responding to last nights game, I was out of town back in the hills of West Virginia for a family funeral, and only saw 2 minutes of the game the first 2 in OT, while checking into our room the game happened to be on the TV in the lobby. I was unloading the car when the Caps scored to win. GO CAPS
You think the Caps have homer broadcasters, the game I saw was being broadcast on the Pens home channel, I admit our guys can be pretty one-sided sometimes, I watched the postgame show that these two Pen guys did, boy are they whinners.
Ive tried to catch all the playoffs games, first with the Rangers and now with the Pens, but Ive got a very scary streak going being a Cap fan, I was unable to watch game 6 with the Rangers a must win and the Caps won, also game 7 was unable to watch Caps win. Last night a must win for Caps unable to watch and Caps win that one, Im beside myself as to what to do for game 7 tomorrow.

I'll be watching, just hope Im not jinxing them.

B

Beaver-Cleaver

You're barking up the wrong tree, I'm pulling for the Canes. True, I'd enjoy watching the Pens beat the Caps, but that's the extent of it. Your Bruins roughed up the Canes pretty badly the other night, but they should rebound tonight at home.

That was a heckuva rebound. :killingme:killingme:killingme:killingme

B

Beaver-Cleaver

When their homer broadcasters say things like "...it was a slash, but at this point in the game you have to let them play...".... When they whine about a slash that breaks the stick of the opponent...and then blame the STICK!!!!

Im a little slow responding to last nights game, I was out of town back in the hills of West Virginia for a family funeral, and only saw 2 minutes of the game the first 2 in OT, while checking into our room the game happened to be on the TV in the lobby. I was unloading the car when the Caps scored to win. GO CAPS
You think the Caps have homer broadcasters, the game I saw was being broadcast on the Pens home channel, I admit our guys can be pretty one-sided sometimes, I watched the postgame show that these two Pen guys did, boy are they whinners.
Ive tried to catch all the playoffs games, first with the Rangers and now with the Pens, but Ive got a very scary streak going being a Cap fan, I was unable to watch game 6 with the Rangers a must win and the Caps won, also game 7 was unable to watch Caps win. Last night a must win for Caps unable to watch and Caps win that one, Im beside myself as to what to do for game 7 tomorrow.

I'll be watching, just hope Im not jinxing them.

I watched every game except for any of the Friday/Saturday games (g.d. races).

BuddyLee

Football addict
Oh, come on! Semin gets tackled at the net with 4 minutes to go and Locker says "Well, the whistles get put away in this situation, as it should be..."

You gonna sit there and play know it all, that in fact, it should be 32 pp's to 18 or whatever it is, for the series?

You've got to be joking.
He was taken down twice on two different occasions and nothing. Yet, a tick-tack tickle with fans moaning and groaning brings a slashing penalty with 2 minutes to go.

Caps just need a few breaks and they haven't gotten many.

BuddyLee

Football addict
If all you know about the rules of hockey is based on what the homers cry about, then you're joking.
I think we know who the homer is here.:wink:

If you know anything about Beninati he holds his tongue. In fact, this is the first time he's ever said anything remotely about the officiating in recent memory. That was probably the worst called game I've seen this year.

BuddyLee

Football addict
If your Caps do get to the EC Finals, and face the Hurricanes.

Are they still going to stick with that rediculous "Rock the Red" rally? The Canes wore red far longer than the new Caps have. The Black/Gold/Blue didn't treat them, so well. And seeing how so many other teams established "Red", I'm trying to understand why the Caps think they're so clever.

Enlighten me, those of you that were fans before April.
Red is one the their original colors. They've changed colors many times as bad teams usually do to produce some sort of "change". The team does a pretty good job in treating the fans with the recent Rock the Red theme. As a fan I had an enjoyable entertaining experience. Plus, if it gets these young Capitals juices flowing, what's so bad about that?

Of course, the team nor do I care what fans of other teams think of it.:razz:

BuddyLee

Football addict
:lmao: