• Maybe if it was either unfriendly or didn't have a collar

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Absolutely No!

Votes: 15 38.5%

• Total voters
D

dems4me

Cletus_Vandam said:
.357, aka Colt Python, aka (fairly) large caliber handgun.

Does this help?

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Ya' know, it really sucks to hit an animal, but I'm not going to swerve off the road into a tree to avoid hitting it. It's my life or the pooch (or cat). Who do you think I'm looking out for?

D

dems4me

elaine said:
Ya' know, it really sucks to hit an animal, but I'm not going to swerve off the road into a tree to avoid hitting it. It's my life or the pooch (or cat). Who do you think I'm looking out for?

I would never risk my life it was a life or death situation, me or the animal... but I'd by golly try to avoid hitting it at all costs... I just don't understand folks that plow over squirls, frogs, cats, dogs, birds, etc... without even flinching slightly to the left or right... for shiat sake and sake of humanity... at least ACT like you tried to avoid hitting the animal right in front of you for those onlookers that have hearts. :lol: So many times I swerve an animal only to turn around and quicklly look in my rear view mirror to make sure I missed it - only to find the car behind me just went straight on ahead, plowed over it and kept on going. :ohwell:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
dems4me said:
I would never risk my life it was a life or death situation, me or the animal... but I'd by golly try to avoid hitting it at all costs... I just don't understand folks that plow over squirls, frogs, cats, dogs, birds, etc... without even flinching slightly to the left or right... for shiat sake and sake of humanity... at least ACT like you tried to avoid hitting the animal right in front. :lol: So many times I swerve an animal only to turn around and quicklly look in my rear view mirror to make sure I missed it - only to find the car behind me just went straight on ahead, plowed over it and kept on going. :ohwell:

Keep telling yourself that. I'll take pic's when the paramedics are peeling you off of a tree, or when they're peeling a pedestrian off the side of the road that you hit while trying to avoid hitting an animal.

D

dems4me

elaine said:
Keep telling yourself that. I'll take pic's when the paramedics are peeling you off of a tree, or when they're peeling a pedestrian off the side of the road that you hit while trying to avoid hitting an animal.

There's plenty of safe ways to avoid running over animals without involving trees or people. :shrug:

Also where the animals are running out of the woods, there's not a whole lot of pedestrians walking - no sidewalks etc... :lol:

Ponytail

It's hard for folks to vote if you don't understand the problem.

They are authorizing hunting for the non-family oriented cats. The ones that multiply like rabbits in the wild, and by the way, eat up most of the wild rabbits in the area. These cats are not friendly.

We had trouble with wild dogs in Georgia when I was there. Packs of them would roam the woods. Folks don't want them any more so they drive down som dirt road and let them go and drive away. Dogs are natural pack animals anyway. It doesn't take long for that instinct to return once on their own.

Yes, we used to shoot them during deer season. We had to...we were afraid that they were going to get the deer before we would. :lol: Seriously though, we did. The Cyotes were starting to breed with the wild domestics. That's bad. Very Bad. The small game population was proven to be hurt in some areas by wild ex-domesticated animals and people were being attacked by the roving packs of dogs.

Now, are folks gonna start getting attacked by cats? Probably not. At least not until Rabies starts to spread.

It is a problem. Until folks start taking responsibility for their animals, (Bringing a cat home from the pet store and letting it go outside and calling it your "outside cat" is not being responsible) this problem will get worse.

I'm with toxick...Bring on the Smoked Wisconsin Feline Jerky...or don't let your animals run loose.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
dems4me said:
Also where the animals are running out of the woods, there's not a whole lot of pedestrians walking - no sidewalks etc... :lol:

:bs: That's why people are walking on the edge of the roads...because there are no sidewalks. :durhard:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Ponytail said:
It's hard for folks to vote if you don't understand the problem.

They are authorizing hunting for the non-family oriented cats. The ones that multiply like rabbits in the wild, and by the way, eat up most of the wild rabbits in the area. These cats are not friendly.

We had trouble with wild dogs in Georgia when I was there. Packs of them would roam the woods. Folks don't want them any more so they drive down som dirt road and let them go and drive away. Dogs are natural pack animals anyway. It doesn't take long for that instinct to return once on their own.

Yes, we used to shoot them during deer season. We had to...we were afraid that they were going to get the deer before we would. :lol: Seriously though, we did. The Cyotes were starting to breed with the wild domestics. That's bad. Very Bad. The small game population was proven to be hurt in some areas by wild ex-domesticated animals and people were being attacked by the roving packs of dogs.

Now, are folks gonna start getting attacked by cats? Probably not. At least not until Rabies starts to spread.

It is a problem. Until folks start taking responsibility for their animals, (Bringing a cat home from the pet store and letting it go outside and calling it your "outside cat" is not being responsible) this problem will get worse.

I'm with toxick...Bring on the Smoked Wisconsin Feline Jerky...or don't let your animals run loose.

I've understood this problem for years and voted "Absolutely, Yes".

D

dems4me

elaine said:
:bs: That's why people are walking on the edge of the roads...because there are no sidewalks. :durhard:

Maybe sidewalks are abundent where you live but out where I am its a bunch of sideroads, etc...even the development I have doesn't have sidewalks :shrug: IfI was going to make things up to debate you I would have made up something more clever :shrug: There's not that many sidewalks in the GallentGreen/Brandywine/Hughsville/Dog Patch/ area :shrug:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
dems4me said:
Maybe sidewalks are abundent where you live but out where I am its a bunch of sideroads, etc...even the development I have doesn't have sidewalks :shrug: IfI was going to make things up to debate you I would have made up something more clever :shrug: There's not that many sidewalks in the GallentGreen/Brandywine/Hughsville/Dog Patch/ area :shrug:

Dems, you're a :boxorox:. Read my post again.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
dems4me said:
Keep Ken out of this. :mad:

(psst... its Kinetic :ohwell:) :lol: :kiss:
I was that first vote for "Absolutely Yes". I think it could be expanded upon with cat round-ups followed by sports shooting events - Single shot open sighted .22, bring your own bait to draw them in. :biggrin:

D

dems4me

elaine said:
Dems, you're a :boxorox:. Read my post again.

Sorry, I thought there was sarcasim in it... :killingme You caught me off guard :killingme

I agree we definately need more sidewalks. :smile: I actually view that more of a priority than killing little kittys. :smile: :cheers:

D

dems4me

Ken King said:
I was that first vote for "Absolutely Yes". I think it could be expanded upon with cat round-ups followed by sports shooting events - Single shot open sighted .22, bring your own bait to draw them in. :biggrin:

:frown: I know being gullable is a big character defect of mine... but I really really am beginning to think you and others on here are just kidding... :phew: I get it!!!! :roflmao:

:huggy:to all that participated!!!! :huggy:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
dems4me said:
:frown: I know being gullable is a big character defect of mine... but I really really am beginning to think you and others on here are just kidding... :phew: I get it!!!! :roflmao:

:huggy:to all that participated!!!! :huggy:
Who is kidding? :confused: Hell, I'll take the 10 Oz Bud concession stand at an event like this and make a killing.

D

dems4me

Ken King said:
Who is kidding? :confused: Hell, I'll take the 10 Oz Bud concession stand at an event like this and make a killing.

:killingme: You and others almost had me going!!!! :roflmao: :killingme:

Ponytail said:
It's hard for folks to vote if you don't understand the problem..

The problem that I have being a multi-cat household myself is that I understand that there are unresponsible owners out there that let their cats run wild, but I know that as much as I try, my cat gets out and disappears for days. The first thing gone is his collar, I have yet for him to come home with one on and he is always covered in a bunch of weeds and looks like he is a feral kitty. What's to stop someone from shooting him, even though I am a responsible pet owner and he got out the door on accident? I already worry enough as is, I am terrified that some kids will torch him, or that he will get into some trouble, but it isn't that I let him out on my own accord. How are they going to prove that before they shoot, the cat that they are killing, is NOT some beloved pet? I understand the microchip thing, but do you really think that they will go to the vet and make sure that the animal isn't microchipped before shooting? No, they will shoot the animal first ask questions later.

somdcrab

dems4me said:
Sure thing... I take care of strays and have a few outside that I have worked with and made somewhat friendly (to me only) and have the up todate on shots but for some reason, I never thought I needed to put a collar on them... I guess if I lived in Wisconsin these few strays without their collar would be fair game. :bawl:
i will keep my opinion to myself because i wubs dems too much i plead da fifth ya honor :angel:

HI DEMS :huggy: :flowers:

((where did i hide them !@#$$%#!!! 22 shells :confused: ))

stormer41

I don't really care if I piss anyone off.....so here it goes
I voted yes to killing strays
I hate cats, I'm allergic to cats. Can't stand to be around them....all I do is sneeze 10 to 15 times in a row.
In my opinion the only thing cats are good for is target practice
There's nothing that pisses me off more than seeing muddy paw prints all across a newly painted truck.
I say kill them all....the world would be a better place.......