Cigarette addiction...

Addicted or not?

• Yes, addicted smoke junky, am powerless to stop!

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Rather addictive; those who honestly want to stop have a tough time

Votes: 28 57.1%
  • Calling it an addiction helps me get attention

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • We say it's addictive because people say it is, true or not

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm addicted to smoking like I'm addicted to Ben and Jerry's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's just a habit which can be tough to break

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • It is not an addiction, I just don't wanna quit

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • It is not an addiction

Votes: 4 8.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Poohhunny1605

Smokers;

Are you addicted to smoking or just don't want to quit the habit?

I voted...

Its not an addiction I just don't want to quit...

I don't think it is addicting per se, I could quit, but I don't want to gain 30lbs in the mean time, which may be a stupid thought, but I will spend money on food or spend money on cigs and either way my health would not be too well...So, I stick with smoking for the time being. When I have the WANT to quit, it will happen, but that is JMO

tommyjones

I voted...

Its not an addiction I just don't want to quit...

I don't think it is addicting per se, I could quit, but I don't want to gain 30lbs in the mean time, which may be a stupid thought, but I will spend money on food or spend money on cigs and either way my health would not be too well...So, I stick with smoking for the time being. When I have the WANT to quit, it will happen, but that is JMO

why is it that addicts always say that?

oldman

Lobster Land
thats what i've thought through this whole thread :lmao:

it keeps popping up.

well, if you CAN quit, they why wouldn't you whenever it will save you money and improve your health? (both proven facts :smile:)

Isn't that like saying don't speed while driving or you'll get fined, or end up killing yourself or someone else? (another proven fact).

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I've been...

...set straight;

Nicotine is a drug, it's extemely addictive. Some people are predisposed to addiction more than others and can quit easier. This is true for all drugs, not just Nicotine. Some very smart folks wearing white lab coats have proven this.

Longest karma message I have EVER received.

:buddies:

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

Isn't that like saying don't speed while driving or you'll get fined, or end up killing yourself or someone else? (another proven fact).

i'm not sure where in the world you were going with this :lmao:

but

no, it is not PROVEN that speeding will cause you to get fined, kill yourself, or others...it is a POSSIBILITY..but by no stretch is it a proven fact that everyone that speeds will either get fined, die in a fiery crash, or kill somebody else due to driving their vehicle at excessive speeds.

:shrug:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Smoking...

i'm not sure where in the world you were going with this :lmao:

but

no, it is not PROVEN that speeding will cause you to get fined, kill yourself, or others...it is a POSSIBILITY..but by no stretch is it a proven fact that everyone that speeds will either get fined, die in a fiery crash, or kill somebody else due to driving their vehicle at excessive speeds.

:shrug:

...doesn't just make you drop dead. Plenty of people live long, full lives and die in car accidents having smoked their whole lives. Vrails hero died at 114 or so and said that smoking a cigarette a day was her secret.

tommyjones

...doesn't just make you drop dead. Plenty of people live long, full lives and die in car accidents having smoked their whole lives. Vrails hero died at 114 or so and said that smoking a cigarette a day was her secret.

so she thinks if she smoke 20 a day she will live to be 2000? :confused:

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

:shrug: to each his own.

Personally, i've seen enough people experience negative effects of smoking to outweigh greatly one person who claims that was their secret.

but could it be true? sure. One a day of a lot of things can help, the problem is keeping them in moderation (like drinking one serving of alcohol a day)

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Well...

:shrug: to each his own.

Personally, i've seen enough people experience negative effects of smoking to outweigh greatly one person who claims that was their secret.

but could it be true? sure. One a day of a lot of things can help, the problem is keeping them in moderation (like drinking one serving of alcohol a day)

...we're not gonna disagree on the ills of cigarettes. We are at odds over how to handle social policy. This kind of crap is un constitutional and political cowardice to boot not to mention an extreme stretch of the science in terms of clear and present danger and any sense of proportion.

The way anti smoking policies are being conducted are mob rule at it's most base. We're not supposed to be a pure democracy. We're supposed to respect people's rights and that includes allowing them to hurt themselves.