Cindy Sheehan

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
elaine said:
You seem kinda likable yourself. You gonna' come out and meet us tomorrow?
I'm thinking yes, for a while. Might drop in on the way home from work, say 4:00ish. Pleae do NOT let me think I can get up and sing Bobby McGee.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
BS Gal said:
I'm thinking yes, for a while. Might drop in on the way home from work, say 4:00ish. Pleae do NOT let me think I can get up and sing Bobby McGee.

:cool:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Note to self: Put up karaoke ticket request for BS Gal to sing "Me and Bobby McGee"

See you tomorrow :biggrin:

D

Dixie

vraiblonde said:
This woman is a psycho.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/08/07/mom.protest/

She's supposed to be arrested today if she doesn't get her ass away from Bush's ranch. Another attention-whore who thinks of nothing except getting her face in the newspapers. Next thing you know, she'll release a statement that she's got lung cancer. :rolleyes:

The absolute nerve of that mother! And according to USA today she is being joined by other attention whore parents of children killed in this war on terror. Or is the global struggle against violent extremism this week? I forget. Oh hell who cares I'm on vacation. I just don't understand what's wrong with these parents. Who wouldn't be proud to have their child come home in a flag draped coffin to support such a a just and noble cause?
How bout you Vrai?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Dixie said:
The absolute nerve of that mother! And according to USA today she is being joined by other attention whore parents of children killed in this war on terror. Or is the global struggle against violent extremism this week? I forget. Oh hell who cares I'm on vacation. I just don't understand what's wrong with these parents. Who wouldn't be proud to have their child come home in a flag draped coffin to support such a a just and noble cause?
How bout you Vrai?
:rolleyes:

Actually, the majority of her comrades are generic war protesters jumping on the bandwagon. Very few, if any, of them are her fellow parents of soldiers.

Nice try, though.

willie

This statement was enough for me....."I want to ask the president, why did he kill my son?"

Throw her butt in the can until she wakes up. I'll save my sympathy for someone else.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050807/1071667.asp

Sheehan arrived in Crawford aboard a bus painted red, white and blue and emblazoned with the words, "Impeachment Tour." Sheehan, from Vacaville, Calif., had been attending a Veterans for Peace convention in Dallas. The bus, trailed by about 20 cars of protesters and reporters, drove at about 15 mph toward Bush's ranch. After several miles, they parked the vehicles and began to march down the narrow country road.
Yep, just a poor sweet mother, mourning her son...

D

Dixie

vraiblonde said:
:rolleyes:

Actually, the majority of her comrades are generic war protesters jumping on the bandwagon. Very few, if any, of them are her fellow parents of soldiers.

Nice try, though.

And your source would be? From what I read today, she is being joined today (which would be a different group then who she arrived with) by gold star families. But just out of curiosity Vrai how would you feel if your son arrived home in a coffin?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Dixie said:
But just out of curiosity Vrai how would you feel if your son arrived home in a coffin?
Horrible, of course. But I would feel that way no matter HOW he died. What's your point?

And your source would be?
They had it on MSNBC this morning while I was running. Sorry, no link.

D

Dixie

So you'd grieve. What do you think your process would be? Tears..why him? And after he was buried, do you think you'd think about it? Would you go through all the stages? Do you really know what you'd do? You think you'd be this way or that way. But do you really know? That parent is grieving as well, her grief has turned to anger. It doesn't make her psycho. What she's doing is probably part of the healing process for her. I don't know you except from what you're written, but I do wonder if you're capable of putting yourself in anyone else's shoes.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
BS Gal said:
Okay. I give up. Bush didn't hold a gun to my son's head to sign up. His own decision. He graduated the week after the 9/11 incident. I knew on 9/11 that we would be going to war and it scared me to death. I guess my point is that I sympathize with anyone who has lost a child. The woman may not be right in the head, but one of the reasons that our men are fighting is for her to have the freedom to express herself.

And she got that opportunity already. What does she expect, "The President should be at my beck and call until I'm am totally satisfied" or sumpin?

Sheehan said hers was one of a group of about 15 families who each met separately with the president one day last June.

D

Dixie

Tigerlily said:
http://www.saintjamespub.com/images/heroes.swf

I just found this please check out this link. It seems fitting.

Watching this brought tears to my eyes and gave me chills, but it is so true.

Thank you I have seen that and yes it still stirs but I think the government determined that 9/11 was not connected to Iraq. I don't mean that disrespectfully but there are a lot of people questioning this global struggle against violent extremism.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Dixie said:
So you'd grieve. What do you think your process would be? Tears..why him? And after he was buried, do you think you'd think about it? Would you go through all the stages? Do you really know what you'd do? You think you'd be this way or that way. But do you really know? That parent is grieving as well, her grief has turned to anger. It doesn't make her psycho. What she's doing is probably part of the healing process for her. I don't know you except from what you're written, but I do wonder if you're capable of putting yourself in anyone else's shoes.
First of all, if you're asking if my son was killed delivering pizzas, would I protest outside the Dominos and demand that the President of the company come and personally apologize to me so I can accuse him and ask him why he killed my son, the answer is no - I can say with some authority that I wouldn't do that.

Second, this woman's grief has turned into a public nuisance and media spectacle. Maybe this is the only way she can "heal" but she has no right to demand a special meeting with the President and she CERTAINLY has no right to stalk him and bring her cronies to his home. Bush didn't kill her son and she's insane for even making that accusation.

Third, her son was killed over a year ago. If she is still so hysterical with grief, she needs to think about counseling. This was not a little child - this was a 24 year old man who voluntarily signed up for the military.

Fourth and final, I'm sorry she lost her son BUT her son's life is NOT more important than the lives of the millions of Iraqis that lived under Hussein's brutal dictatorship.

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
Dixie said:
Thank you I have seen that and yes it still stirs but I think the government determined that 9/11 was not connected to Iraq. I don't mean that disrespectfully but there are a lot of people questioning this global struggle against violent extremism.

It is not necessarily a who, when or why. The point I was trying to make is that war is a part of life. It is what our nation was built on. What is important is that we realize that even though we may not understand or believe in a specific cause that there are many others that do. The sacrifices that our servicemen and woman have made allow me to sit in this chair and type. I owe every freedom and luxury that I have to those who have fought to protect our nation.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Dixie said:
there are a lot of people questioning this global struggle against violent extremism.
Do I dare ask whether you ever bothered to read the Iraq War Resolution? You know, the one Congress voted on? Or are you happy being ignorant so knowledge doesn't get in the way of your idealism?

SamSpade

It's better to light a single candle than to sit and curse the darkness.

Don't tell that to the Democrats - they'll claim you're in cahoots with the big candle makers!

D

Dixie

vraiblonde said:
First of all, if you're asking if my son was killed delivering pizzas, would I protest outside the Dominos and demand that the President of the company come and personally apologize to me so I can accuse him and ask him why he killed my son, the answer is no - I can say with some authority that I wouldn't do that.

Second, this woman's grief has turned into a public nuisance and media spectacle. Maybe this is the only way she can "heal" but she has no right to demand a special meeting with the President and she CERTAINLY has no right to stalk him and bring her cronies to his home. Bush didn't kill her son and she's insane for even making that accusation.

Third, her son was killed over a year ago. If she is still so hysterical with grief, she needs to think about counseling. This was not a little child - this was a 24 year old man who voluntarily signed up for the military.

Fourth and final, I'm sorry she lost her son BUT her son's life is NOT more important than the lives of the millions of Iraqis that lived under Hussein's brutal dictatorship.

So I have a son who is buried in Arlington. It's been 26 years now - I still get filled up every July thinking about him. No one told me the grieving process was only a year. Her son's life was not more important that the lives of the millions of Iraqs who you have stated in previous posts why don't we just nuke the whole area? Those Iraqis (sp?) Or was it a different group? Which group did you want to nuke? I forgot. Hate to bail on you this is just getting interesting but my lunch break is over. Have a nice day! By the way why do you hate America?