could be another fatal accident

MMDad

Lem Putt
Really? You have that many people trying to kill you?

If I believed that cops were there to "protect" I'd probably be willing to walk through SE Washington at night. Or GMR. Tell me that wouldn't be fatal.

Since cops are not there to protect, I take measures to protect my family.

Pretty easy to understand.

eddy1

I'll admit, I went off a bit half-cocked. I missed that statement, and I didn't read the "sheep" essay before I posted.

But I'll stand by the indignant tone of my response. There's no way for me to know if the "cops" in this thread really are cops, but if so the comments are getting disgraceful. The comments are coming across as really condescending, and guess what?

If you want anybody to think of you as professionals, stop responding to those who are antagonizing you, and simply rest assured that there are those of us who appreciate the job that cops do for us.

I hear what your saying. I didn't call anybody a sheep. I posted that for the person who didn't understand what the guy was talking about.

Colonel Grossman developed that line of thinking, not soley thinking that the man in uniform was a sheepdog, but any man or woman can be a sheepdog. It's the attitude of a Warrior. A person willing to fight back, or even be offensive when the need arises. I think sometimes when people are explaining the mindset, they do offend, but I don't think that was Grossman's objective.

Having said that, I think this is an appropriate place for me to come and vent. I certainly can't do it out on the street. I don't come on here and begin to bash anyone. I defend actions of police officers, and sometimes I condemn them. But I always give them the benefit of doubt and because of that there are those that insult and pick a fight. This is the one place where I can speak my mind. Where I can say what I want without the fear of reprecussions because someone filed a complaint. So why not? People who don't like the police on here are always going to not like them, and people who don't like the police because of things I say are silly to think we are all made of one cloth.

eddy1

If I believed that cops were there to "protect" I'd probably be willing to walk through SE Washington at night. Or GMR. Tell me that wouldn't be fatal.

Since cops are not there to protect, I take measures to protect my family.

Pretty easy to understand.

We do protect. You can be afraid to walk through the big bad city, or scary Great Mills Road (that's a joke) but there are many who do just fine every day. Don't worry, we will protect you. We are there every night, riding through your neighbor hood, scaring the bad guy away. Sleep well.

MMDad

Lem Putt
We are there every night, riding through your neighbor hood, scaring the bad guy away. Sleep well.

Since I don't live at the mall, I doubt you are riding your Rascal through my neighborhood.

Since you claim it's your job to protect, you should have been protecting the victims of the crash that started this thread. Looks like you failed pretty hard on that one.

Let me guess - you were protecting the manager at Lonestar, weren't you? And you protect the Tackle Box from being robbed every month. Were you protecting the kid shot at Monk's? Or the guy stabbed at Sign of the Whale?

If you claim to be there protecting, it must be a failure every time a crime occurs. After all, it's your job to protect, right?

It's okay, you can admit it. You know it's true. Until a crime is commited there is NOTHING you can do to protect anyone. After the crime is commtied it's too late to "protect."

bohman

I hear what your saying. I didn't call anybody a sheep. I posted that for the person who didn't understand what the guy was talking about.

Colonel Grossman developed that line of thinking, not soley thinking that the man in uniform was a sheepdog, but any man or woman can be a sheepdog. It's the attitude of a Warrior. A person willing to fight back, or even be offensive when the need arises. I think sometimes when people are explaining the mindset, they do offend, but I don't think that was Grossman's objective.

Having said that, I think this is an appropriate place for me to come and vent. I certainly can't do it out on the street. I don't come on here and begin to bash anyone. I defend actions of police officers, and sometimes I condemn them. But I always give them the benefit of doubt and because of that there are those that insult and pick a fight. This is the one place where I can speak my mind. Where I can say what I want without the fear of reprecussions because someone filed a complaint. So why not? People who don't like the police on here are always going to not like them, and people who don't like the police because of things I say are silly to think we are all made of one cloth.

Truthfully, I'm not sure what to say anymore. I actually liked most of the essay; I agree 100% that the vast majority is not willing to stick their neck out for anybody else. We should encourage people to be more active when it comes to protecting themselves & others.

And I'm not blind to the fact that there are those who antagonize you here. I just hope you realize that there is a reason for it; the government in general, and some cops, are doing a lot of things to us (the public) that shouldn't happen. And sometimes, your defense against the folks waiting to badmouth cops seems to include the rest of us, intentionally or not.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
We do protect. You can be afraid to walk through the big bad city, or scary Great Mills Road (that's a joke) but there are many who do just fine every day. Don't worry, we will protect you. We are there every night, riding through your neighbor hood, scaring the bad guy away. Sleep well.

I hope you are posting from home and not County Govt site. The access to this forum was banned a few years ago due to something a SD employee did. I wouldn't report you, but that BigRed weiner not sheep guy best not be a County employee and posting from work or wherever. I think Tim would frown upon that. :shrug:

eddy1

I hope you are posting from home and not County Govt site. The access to this forum was banned a few years ago due to something a SD employee did. I wouldn't report you, but that BigRed weiner not sheep guy best not be a County employee and posting from work or wherever. I think Tim would frown upon that. :shrug:
Probably tim would, but I don't work for the county.

eddy1

Truthfully, I'm not sure what to say anymore. I actually liked most of the essay; I agree 100% that the vast majority is not willing to stick their neck out for anybody else. We should encourage people to be more active when it comes to protecting themselves & others.

And I'm not blind to the fact that there are those who antagonize you here. I just hope you realize that there is a reason for it; the government in general, and some cops, are doing a lot of things to us (the public) that shouldn't happen. And sometimes, your defense against the folks waiting to badmouth cops seems to include the rest of us, intentionally or not.

I agree there are bad cops out there. I condemn them and hope they get the worst punishment there is. I think cops should be held to a higher standard, and when in public, representing their agency, they should act accordingly. But why is it a cop can't have free speech. You have never heard me talk badly about a particular group, but only the individual. Why shouldn't I have a right to be able to express my opinion? Let me apologize in advance if I have unintentionally offended you. But I served my country, my state, and now the county I was born and bred in. I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I think I have earned the right to express my opinion.

eddy1

Since I don't live at the mall, I doubt you are riding your Rascal through my neighborhood.

Since you claim it's your job to protect, you should have been protecting the victims of the crash that started this thread. Looks like you failed pretty hard on that one.

Let me guess - you were protecting the manager at Lonestar, weren't you? And you protect the Tackle Box from being robbed every month. Were you protecting the kid shot at Monk's? Or the guy stabbed at Sign of the Whale?

If you claim to be there protecting, it must be a failure every time a crime occurs. After all, it's your job to protect, right?

It's okay, you can admit it. You know it's true. Until a crime is commited there is NOTHING you can do to protect anyone. After the crime is commtied it's too late to "protect."

So because the 800,000 police officers in the United States can't be every where to protect the 300+ million people, you say we don't protect. That's pretty small minded thinking to not realize that there are more people who are not injured, killed, assaulted, robbed, burgularized, ripped off, etc, because of the procative police work being done to protect citizens. There are about 160 police officers in St. Mary's County including the two agencies to protect about 100,000 citizens. How many of those citizens have NOT been victim's of crimes because the police officers were out there arresting the drunk drivers before they crashed. The police officers were in front of the store before the robber entered. The police officers were in the neighborhood before the home was burglarized. You can't qantify that except to look at the numbers last year and this year. Crime's down buddy!

Terence

Error 404
You haven't been around much, have you? :lol:
No i have its just ridiculous how people jack the thread and start arguments when there was a tragic loss. Its like in every forum where there was an accident or death its just childish and stupid.

eddy1

No i have its just ridiculous how people jack the thread and start arguments when there was a tragic loss. Its like in every forum where there was an accident or death its just childish and stupid.

I agree! How horrible it would be for someone to come into a thread like this and instead of talking about the horrible tragedy, they began to rant about people arguing or something. That would be just childish and stupid.

Terence

Error 404
I agree! How horrible it would be for someone to come into a thread like this and instead of talking about the horrible tragedy, they began to rant about people arguing or something. That would be just childish and stupid.
and there you go again, just goto bed old timer your upset at something dont try and take it out on me :). im not going to argue with ya I've been there done that with others on this god forsaken place. :whistle:

eddy1

and there you go again, just goto bed old timer your upset at something dont try and take it out on me :). im not going to argue with ya I've been there done that with others on this god forsaken place. :whistle:

What? I'm agreeing with you. You said it would be childish for someone to come on here and talk about something that is not the original subject matter. Why call me names because I agree? And by the way, i'm not upset about anything. :coffee:

Terence

Error 404
What? I'm agreeing with you. You said it would be childish for someone to come on here and talk about something that is not the original subject matter. Why call me names because I agree? And by the way, i'm not upset about anything. :coffee:
sure your not, you're mad. its fine alot of people are mad at things. anyways im done with you, be gone. Oh and thanks for volunteering to show everyone what i meant really kind of you sir.

eddy1

sure your not, you're mad. its fine alot of people are mad at things. anyways im done with you, be gone. Oh and thanks for volunteering to show everyone what i meant really kind of you sir.
And yet you keep coming back to it...kinda like a train wreck isn't it....lol.

bohman

You have never heard me talk badly about a particular group, but only the individual.

I'll give you that much credit. :yay: Sometimes it just gets tough to tell if you are fighting with just the people who :elaine:, or all of us. And most of my comments were aimed at the Red-whateverthenamewas, but you happen to be the one who responded.

Dimwit Child

Chaos and Mayhem
Will be

hasnt been yet. How long does it take for toxicology to come back on a simple BAC test? The wheels of justice move very slowly round deez paahts dependin on who you know.