Cross/Crucifix

vegmom

Bookseller Lady
MMDad said:
Did you go to our company christmas party last year? Remember the menu? I was in line with one of my co-workers, who is Jewish. The choices were pork roast, chicken cordon bleu (with ham), or crab imperial (shellfish). He got to eat potatoes and green beans.

He has my sympathies. Sounds like me at a typical family holiday dinner. I assume no ham or bacon in the green beans?

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
MMDad said:
Did you go to our company christmas party last year? Remember the menu? I was in line with one of my co-workers, who is Jewish. The choices were pork roast, chicken cordon bleu (with ham), or crab imperial (shellfish). He got to eat potatoes and green beans.
How dare they not cater to the Jewish man at the Christmas party? :jameo:

Roughidle

MMDad said:

Well...being it was a "Christmas" party, I shouldn't expect that the dietary needs of a Jew would need be taken into account during the menu planning. :coffee:

J

jaybeeztoo

aps45819 said:
:killingme They're prohibited from eating meat from a cloven hoofed animal, i.e. pig, deer, & goat.
No such thing as Kosher pork :lol:

Then why are there Kosher hot dogs?

High EGT

Gort! Klaatu barada nikto
Vince said:
That's such a crock of ####. She should have told the associate that personal attire is none of her dayum business. She doesn't tell her what dress to wear so ....... And I guess the next time the associate walks in with a necklace or bracelet on the secretary should tell her to take it off, it offends her. :shrug:

Sorry to break this to you Vince but personnal attire is the business of an employer. Aside from that, religious symbols worn on your person is the real issue.

vegmom

Bookseller Lady
Roughidle said:
Well...being it was a "Christmas" party, I shouldn't expect that the dietary needs of a Jew would need be taken into account during the menu planning. :coffee:

Most Jews and Muslims I know (who adhere to dietary rules) eat vegetarian dishes when in doubt. If you're the only person with dietary restrictions in a crowd you adapt. One function we had at work I got stuck eating potato chips and a hamburger bun with bbq sauce on it. Yummy! But the point of my being there was to be sociable, not chow down.

J

jaybeeztoo

Wouldn't that still be a cloven-hoofed animal or whatever Aps called it?

citysherry

I Need a Beer
jaybeeztoo said:
Then why are there Kosher hot dogs?

Kosher merely refers to how the animal was slaughtered and that it was blessed by a Rabbi. By the way, you do know that not all hot dogs are made of pork, right?

J

jaybeeztoo

Roughidle said:
Beef franks.
Beef: cloven hoof but chewith the cud...good.
Pork: cloven of hoof but chewith not the cud...bad.

Well, I learned something new today. Thanks :flowers:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
1: Is there a dress code for the office that is in a handbook?

2: If there is, then is there anything about jewelry that would restrict her from wearing the cross?

3. How long has she been there? Has anyone else mentioned this necklace as a problem?

4. How long has the associate been there?

I'm just trying to figure out who is in the wrong, if anyone.

J

jaybeeztoo

citysherry said:
Kosher merely refers to how the animal was slaughtered and that it was blessed by a Rabbi. By the way, you do know that not all hot dogs are made of pork, right?

Yep, I knew you could get other kinds of dogs, other than pork. :stupid: but not that stupid. :lol:

Toxick

Splat
itsbob said:
I didn't think Idolatry or graven images was allowed, per the bible..

I would suggest the wearing of little guillotine necklaces would be as repulsive.

Well, I have no desire to enter into a debate about why statues and pictures are not idols, and I'm well aware of the mechanics of death by crucifixion.

I was, however, interested to hear what you would have suggested as a an alternate symbol.

Or do you think all symbolism is idolotry?

Symbols such as the Star of David, pentagrams, Khanda symbols, Star & Cresent, Yin-Yang, or a statue of Moroni.

Maybe we can replace crosses with the Jesus Fish? :shrug: