Dating Website "Etiquette"

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If you have plenty of money and can handle a wench I would like to meet you.

How's that for a dating profile?

P.S. I like beer and margaritas.

The icky guys would crawl out of the woodwork and break their fingers trying to message you. :lol:

What makes me laugh is when Match sends you notices: "You sparked someone's interest!" Like, OMG it's a miracle!! Get him! Quick!

:lmao:

Im_Me

The icky guys would crawl out of the woodwork and break their fingers trying to message you. :lol:

What makes me laugh is when Match sends you notices: "You sparked someone's interest!" Like, OMG it's a miracle!! Get him! Quick!

I always felt the same way when I got those emails. Unfortunately I was too frequently disappointed when it was actually some mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragger.

The whole dating site thing can be a real time sucker in the beginning and will definitely keep you amused for a while. :buddies:

Wenchy

Hot Flash

"You have 31 matches!" Cracks me up.

I like meeting them in an unusual way...IRL. Go figure. :killingme

Although, I did meet one on somd.com and we went on for 8 years.

Now, I meet businessmen and etc...I pick my haunts.

Whoever wrote the article 10+ years ago about women over 35 having no chance should be shot.

Now, I have my pick of young ones and old ones. I prefer the older.

I'm hitting the town tonight in my finest. I know I will see many men/women from my past. I will put on my smile and make amends. This is a harsh town.

The truth is, like almost everybody else, I don't want to be alone.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I always felt the same way when I got those emails. Unfortunately I was too frequently disappointed when it was actually some mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragger.

Why are they all "fun-loving"? Of course you're fun-loving, you big dummy - who doesn't love fun??

Day 2:

A guy shows up in my suggested matches and he is adorable! Great profile, can string sentences together, we like the same things, have a lot of the same attitudes....then I look at his pictures.

He is good looking, I know he's local because in some of the pics I recognize where they were taken, and has a great body. How I know he has a great body is because he, yes he did, posted a pic of himself in nothing but a towel barely wrapped around his waist. You can see his treasure trail.
Ick.

And why do so many guys say they like long walks on the beach and giving massages?? I thought that was a cliche, but nope - there they are. The massage part is just creepy. Some guys go as far as to actually describe the massage they'd like to give you. Okay, ew - next.

And what's with all the pics of scenery or your kids? I want to see you, not some lake and I definitely don't think you should be posting pics of your preteen daughter on a dating site for any dip#### to get hold of.

That said, there are several guys who aren't weird and a few of them have passed the email test, so I might actually go on a date at some point.

I like the happy trail. :ohwell:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Okay, I've finally gone over to the dark side and created a Match profile. Here's what I've learned in 12 hours:

Guys will ping you even if you're not even close to their "match". I don't feel compelled to answer those because I figure they're just shotgunning it and won't notice if you don't respond.

There are a lot of Ukranian supermodels looking for a woman just like me.

If you use your forum name as your screen name, guys will google you and find you on here. Be aware of that.

Guys you know in real life will hit you up on Match even though they've never asked you out in all the years you've known them.

Guys you've dated before will hit you up on Match instead of just calling you outright if they want to go out again.

Will report back on the next 12 hours....

You've ignored all my messages...

BonGiorno..