Dating

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Most people say they found their SO through work, friends, etc. Rarely do I hear people say they met someone through a dating site but it does happen. I have a good friend who has met several prospects through online dating sites. And like RR said, it helps to go out and meet people even if you don't continue. I wish I had spare time and I envy those of you who do, well just a little .. because my life wouldn't be complete if I wasn't taking care of critters and playing match maker. No man that isn't VERY into critters could handle being in my life.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Most people say they found their SO through work, friends, etc. Rarely do I hear people say they met someone through a dating site but it does happen. I have a good friend who has met several prospects through online dating sites. And like RR said, it helps to go out and meet people even if you don't continue. I wish I had spare time and I envy those of you who do, well just a little .. because my life wouldn't be complete if I wasn't taking care of critters and playing match maker. No man that isn't VERY into critters could handle being in my life.

So I know this guy who is recently separated....

KDENISE977

I met my husband online. I would never have met him otherwise because we lived in different areas and didn't share any friends. I think its a different era or age bracket. Online dating was normal for me or at least it seemed normal? :shrug:

slotpuppy

Ass-hole

Ricky like farm animals. :coffee:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I met my husband online. I would never have met him otherwise because we lived in different areas and didn't share any friends. I think its a different era or age bracket. Online dating was normal for me or at least it seemed normal? :shrug:

I think dating services are a good way to put like-minded people together. I am a former cigarette smoker, so I wouldn't want to be paired up with a man that smokes.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
So I know this guy who is recently separated....

and his wife was into animal rescue? LOL - Seriously though, I hear about that happening all the time with middle-aged women and their "rescue" passions turning the marriage sour because the man never really liked the animals anyway, and when there are more of them he realizes his important to his wife may be slipping. Well sometimes. In my case it was true oops.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Met DidWhat on Match.com.
She lived up in Ellicott City, me in SMIBville.
This coming April will be 10 years married, and we dated for 1.5 years.

She is one lucky Lady.

PS.
I still love animals, and romantic walks on the beach.

Oh, almost forgot. I had hair back then.

Last edited:

MarieB

Maybe it's just me - but when MrsToxick became the Ex-MrsToxick (oh yeah, I should probably mention that MrsToxick and I have removed our left-hand jewelry) every single one of my friends went into straight Cupid-Mode. Especially my female friends.

I had a couple of conversations that went verbatim:

Me: "Yeah, my wife and I are splitti...."
Them: "I know someone PERFECT for you!"
Me: "...ng up."

No bars or laundromats or online dating.

So sorry.

Glad to hear that it has been amicable

ZARA

and at 22 / 23 you owned your own house or live in an Apt with a laundry ?

By the time I was 23 I had already lived on my own for 9 yrs, been a model, published my writings, married/divorced and was a single mom, had my own place, owned my own car, and worked 2 jobs.

I have never said I wasn't high maintenance. I will/would not date someone that has less than I do. Not going to happen. The objective in life is to better yourself and your life by moving forward onto bigger and better things. Not move backwards and decrease your personal standings. If someone doesn't have the same ambitions and motivational drive I do, I would not date them. I will not carry dead weight.

I know what I want and expect out of life and I simply refuse to settle for less than what I want.

acommondisaster

It sounds like you've had a very interesting life, Zara. I went to school with a girl who graduated and went to college at age 14, but never anyone who had lived on her own! She was monitored pretty close at college, and I guess technically she lived on her own, because she wasn't allowed to have a roommate at that age. She didn't turn out as well-balanced as you are - she kind of stuck in that "i'm a 14 year old genius stage" for years. As if everyone should still be amazed at her. By the time she turned 25 or so, she was still doing the "I'm amazing for how young I am" gig, with a useless major and an entry level job, knowing everyone thought she was the bee knees, while her not so smart contemporaries were on their own with jobs and responsibilities and families. It's curious how people with similar circumstances can turn out so differently. :)

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
It sounds like you've had a very interesting life, Zara. I went to school with a girl who graduated and went to college at age 14, but never anyone who had lived on her own! She was monitored pretty close at college, and I guess technically she lived on her own, because she wasn't allowed to have a roommate at that age. She didn't turn out as well-balanced as you are - she kind of stuck in that "i'm a 14 year old genius stage" for years. As if everyone should still be amazed at her. By the time she turned 25 or so, she was still doing the "I'm amazing for how young I am" gig, with a useless major and an entry level job, knowing everyone thought she was the bee knees, while her not so smart contemporaries were on their own with jobs and responsibilities and families. It's curious how people with similar circumstances can turn out so differently. :)

Rut-Ro.

mamatutu

mama to two

Just remember not to believe everything you read on the internet.