Dinner

Just lmao here.......

Live Long and Prosper....

General Lee

cA

Can't get my computer to cooperate. Have I ever done it? Not that you would know but does it sound like something I would do? Would I like it? Not that you would know that either.
I wasn't asking if you ever done it. I asked Prchjrkr if he tried it on his prom date

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I think the guys have left the conversation. How was the day with your friend Bann?
Oh, I didn't go anywhere -I only went to the grocery store and back. I had my normal Saturday chores, laundry and got started my baby blanket project! I have flannel fabric for 3 (double-sided) receiving blankets cut out, ironed and ready to sew tomorrow. Today, I finished 3 swaddling cloth blankets. The bambina-to-be is a friend's daughter's first child - a girl! ♥️

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
That sounds good. I love fresh figs - never have been able to find them in this area. Heard they're hard to raise.
You will occasionally find them at the farmers markets and in the grocery stores, but as they are very perishable they aren't available all the time or for very long. I have seen them at Giant and BJ's sometimes. Used to grow my own and there is nothing like eating a fresh fig straight off the tree.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
That's exactly how I tasted my first one; my dad had a tree. He used to grow enough that people would stop by the house to buy them. I've looked all over for that tree and I can't find it anywhere - not that I think it bears fruit anymore. It would just be nice to know. I'll have to keep an eye out for them. When are they in season?
Here in Maryland and for the Brown Turkey variety we grew, they would ripen in June but sometimes would also produce a later crop in the fall. But most in stores are raised in California and to a lesser extent Arizona with different varieties with different ripening times, so the "season" can run from May until December. I know I saw them being sold in BJs around Thanksgiving time.

It would be cool if you can find the tree. They are so delicious!