Dinner

Well, I'm done for the night. Rack of ribs and a mess of wings almost defrosted for tomorrow. Even remembered to take the peanut oil out of the fridge.

I'm out.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Finally got around to making my kids some beef vegetable barley soup. It turned out better than ever thanks to taking a hint from something frequentflier posted about using spicy V-8 juice in another dish. It adds a whole new taste dimension to the broth somehow. Getting ready to hit the door and uber it over to them. And this time I wrote the recipe down for posterity.:yay:

Last edited:

mitzi

Finally got around to making my kids some beef vegetable barley soup. It turned out better than ever thanks to taking a hint from something frequentflier posted about using spicy V-8 juice in another dish. It adds a whole new taste dimension to the broth somehow. Getting ready to hit the door and uber it over to them. And this time I wrote the recipe down for posterity.:yay:

Sounds good.

frequentflier

happy to be living
I wrote down my recipe finally!:bann:

Once it passes my kid's taste test, I'd be happy to post it or PM.

It was used in a recipe Vrai shared. It certainly adds a lot of flavor I would never have thought about using and I am glad you incorporated it into a soup you usually make. Vrai also turned me onto "better than boullion" jarred boullion as opposed to the cubed ones. Much better flavor.
Thanks, DeeJay :smooch:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
It was used in a recipe Vrai shared. It certainly adds a lot of flavor I would never have thought about using and I am glad you incorporated it into a soup you usually make. Vrai also turned me onto "better than boullion" jarred boullion as opposed to the cubed ones. Much better flavor.
Thanks, DeeJay :smooch:
Since I'm alone, I don't usually keep alien things like boullion in my cupboard. I used a carton of Swanson 50% less sodium, found that it needed 1tsp salt added at the very end. It was a hit, but a tad spicy for gentlefolk. I may omit the coarse ground pepper next time. I use it in just about every soup/stew and didn't even think about the heat in the V-8.
:hot:
They requested it again very soon, but there needs to be some tweakage of the heat level. Is there a soup/stew thread anywhere? My darling daughter coined the term stewp because it was so thick, that her fiance was using a fork.:roflmao: