Dinner

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
King Crab Knuckles, they're $5 per pound cheaper than the leg. And being the cracker that I am, I can go right through them. 😋

I know I'm going to catch chit for this, but I'd rather do crab legs or knuckles than pick blue crabs.

:ducks:

More food, less work.

gemma_rae

I know I'm going to catch chit for this, but I'd rather do crab legs or knuckles than pick blue crabs.

:ducks:

More food, less work.
You won't get any from me.

The knucks were $25 a pound at Nick's and I was full in 10 minutes. In the Dorf here it would be $70 a dozen for large and have to wait outside in an open air drug market.

Not a hard choice to make. In fact you could say it was made for me.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Tonight I'm trying a Barber Griller. It's a stuffed breast like their other products, but you're supposed to grill it outside instead of baking it. Bacon and Cheese filling. Warming the grill now....
Not bad, grilling gave it a nicer flavor, but...

Instructions say medium grill heat, 10 min per side. Overcooked. Could use less minutes and lower heat.
Breading stuck to the grill. Better grill prep needed.
They look no different than the other 'non-grill' varieties, so I don't see any reason why I couldn't grill those too for a better flavor.

On another topic, my brother turned me on to a water additive. It's single serve packets of powder that you add to a 16oz water bottle, like lemonade or Crystal Light. It's A&W root beer, Sunkist Orange and Canada Dry Ginger Ale. Rather than add it to plain water, I use Pelligrino sparkling water, and it's amazing.... cannot tell the difference between the mixed drink and the real thing. So instead of dragging around a bunch of different sodas, you just bring water bottles, which nearly everyone does, and a couple of small boxes of the mix.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Saturday we steamed crabs, smoked a venison roast and a beef brisket, steamed some corn on the cob...

luvmygdaughters

I made crab cakes Saturday, served them with corn on the cob, squash and fresh home grown maters, had leftovers on Sunday. Hubby's cooking some baby backs on the grill this afternoon for dinner tonight.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I made crab cakes Saturday, served them with corn on the cob, squash and fresh home grown maters, had leftovers on Sunday. Hubby's cooking some baby backs on the grill this afternoon for dinner tonight.

Yum! I haven't had crabcakes in so long. Maybe I'll do that this week if I can find some good crab meat.

Bonehead

Smoked a whole chicken along with some pork belly and a pork tenderloin. The new smoker ran really well not much tweaking required to hold 250 for 5 hours on one basket of charcoal and a load of cherry wood.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I've been doing grilled burgers with bacon, cheese, pickles, lettuce and those great tomatoes a lot lately. I should be big as a house..... with a two car garage..... That's why I have to keep moving
:lol:

Just onion, ketchup and B&G relish tonight.