Dinner

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Did it come out of a brown box that contained crackers, some Chiclets, five cigarettes and a book of matches?
I still have the P-38 I was given when I joined the Cub Scouts in the Fall of 1964.
One of our adult leaders was the supply sergeant for the local USMC Reserve battalion.
He'd bring cases of C Rations on campouts for us.
The adults would confiscate the cigarettes.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Three slices of ham, a string cheese, and mayo wrapped in a soft tortilla. 💪

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
That sounds like what came out of old life raft survival kits. If I remember correctly, the cigs were Lucky Strikes.
Somewhere in all the junk boxed up in the basement I have two WWII survival kits that belonged to my Grandfathers second wife, a WAC in the pacific theatre. It was interesting to open up some years back. Signal mirror, fire kit, smokes, matches, a waterproof map of the Pacific Islands likely to be encountered.

Additionally, it contained some wrigleys gum and something called hersheys 'tropical' chocolate.

I would have hoped for a .45 1911 in my kit.

stgislander

PREMO Member
my Grandfathers second wife, a WAC in the pacific theatre. It was interesting to open up some years back. Signal mirror, fire kit, smokes, matches, a waterproof map of the Pacific Islands likely to be encountered.
Did she serve in the WACs in the Philippines? Now I had heard the WACs recruited Old maids for the war. I bet she wasn't one of those.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Fresh perch filets, battered and deep fried, with mac and cheese on the side. Tried a new batter mix....best ever.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Meat Loaf Singer GIF

PJay

Jersey Mike's #13, chips, and soda.

I love their cold cut sub. Thank you, Mike!

Kinnakeet

Tonight's main coarse will be Miller lite followed by something in the lazy Susan or McDonalds which ever comes first.