Divorce

K

Kizzy

vraiblonde said:
Yeah, for real! I paid $200 and it took a year. :mad:

First, the only way you can get a 30-day divorce in Maryland is if your physical well-being is at stake. Second, the $10.00 was a fine under Maryland Criminal Law, it has since been removed.

K

Kain99

Kizzy said:
First, the only way you can get a 30-day divorce in Maryland is if your physical well-being is at stake. Second, the $10.00 was a fine under Maryland Criminal Law, it has since been removed.
So what's the deal? What does it take to get a quicky divorce these days? :lmao:

sockgirl77

Kain99 said:
So what's the deal? What does it take to get a quicky divorce these days? :lmao:
You can forget that thought in Maryland. They make you stay married for a year whether you want to or not!

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Kain99 said:
Do both parties need to appear? :razz:
So far as I know, nope. :shrug:

Kill two birds with one stone ... ditch the old man ... possibly find a new one and get yourself a vacation all in one shot! :cheers:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
stumpere said:
she do not have a seperation agreement. her husband is automatically the father if she become knocked up.

What is your first language?

danceintherain

ValleyGirl77 said:
He admits to it! But I decided to stay in the marriage for the children, it lasted 1 year and I couldn't take it any more. The lies the cheating, him saying that I was the one messing around, calling all the time checking on me, where have you been... blah blah blah.... Time to get out!
To protect yourself, even if he admits it now he may not admit to it later, keep a journal, keep any proof you may have, emails from him to a girlfriend, receipts, gather names/address/phone numbers of anyone that may have knowledge of your spouses marital fault.

K

Kain99

danceintherain said:
To protect yourself, even if he admits it now he may not admit to it later, keep a journal, keep any proof you may have, emails from him to a girlfriend, receipts, gather names/address/phone numbers of anyone that may have knowledge of your spouses marital fault.
I always thought there was no real benefit in divorce when ya are dealing with a cheater. Didn't help me one bit. Judge didn't give a rats azz.

danceintherain

ValleyGirl77 said:
Good point!!! I like your thinking. Yes, I do have a "friend" in the picture. Yes, he could get me on adultery. BUT I never "cheated" while we were living together...
Doest matter as far as the courts are concerned. If there is no legal seperation it is an act of adultery because you are still married.

K

Kain99

danceintherain said:
Doest matter as far as the courts are concerned. If there is no legal seperation it is an act of adultery because you are still married.
So? Adultery gets the deed done quicker and the judges in the county don't give a fark. I say go for it! :banana: