Votes: 87 87.0%
  • No

Votes: 13 13.0%

• Total voters

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
nicole_moreland said:
I agree that the first few weeks of a child's life is no bed of roses, infact, IMO they are the hardest...(I don't have teenagers yet!). The first 3 weeks of the twins life were the hardest of my life. I found myself up crying at night with them....Taking care of 2 newborns and a 18 month old took a toll on me. My fiance had to go right back to work, he does construction and doesn't get the leave like some jobs do. I was on my own from there....

And that is why I developed a very structured routine to which we all still follow.

We meet with 2 mothers every monday and have a play group. I also take my children to the park as much as possible, daily, weather permitting. I have met some fabulous mom's through going to the parks and we meet on a regular basis.

Logan (the oldest) is 3 now and has always been very advanced in all his skills. He was evaluated by our ped and she said he is about 1 year ahead of other 3 year olds.

I try my hardest to provide a school like environment for the kids so that when it is time to go, they are prepared.

Then my twins came along and had big brother to show them alot as well. They love to watch him and listen to him talk.

What you said above about mom not being able to compete, I agree with this if you only have 1 child, but having 3 children is like having a little daycare of your own.

Logan and Austin (my boys) are constantly arguing, big brother took the blocks I was playing with, and they have it out for a few seconds until I step in and tell them they will have to share, or whatever the situation is....All 3 of them interact in different ways all day long. They are also great at sharing, which alot of kids aren't. Logan was not, until the twins came along and he learned HOW to share. The twins, naturally, have always shared.

Being a SAHM gets to me at times, and I have to step back and take a breather. I was given 3 children in under 18 months, it is alot to handle, and I have the patience of a saint. I think one person can only do so much.

I have/am trying my hardest at this, and geek is right, I have perfected and learned alot from the beginning but I have not one regret.

Again, it all goes back to what works for each family. Either way, we are all still mothers/fathers if we have posted here, and all share that bond that is mother/father and child.
I admire you. :yay:

nicole_M

I don't want you all to think I am some sort of saint, because I am very far from it...

I am just doing my best at what was handed to me.

I have my moments when I think I cannot do this anymore, I am going to find a job. But then, like It'sBob said, it hits me that there is no way...Even if I did go and get a job working 40 hours per week, I probably wouldn't make enough to cover the cost of daycare for 3 toddlers.

But really, I am only human, I meltdown, I go into the bathroom and count to 10. I just picked up 2.5 million Legos from the basement floor, walk upstairs for a second to grab my tea and they are thrown from one end to the other...Then we play a game called "Who can help mommy pick up the most legos!"

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
nicole_moreland said:
I don't want you all to think I am some sort of saint, because I am very far from it...

I am just doing my best at what was handed to me.

I have my moments when I think I cannot do this anymore, I am going to find a job. But then, like It'sBob said, it hits me that there is no way...Even if I did go and get a job working 40 hours per week, I probably wouldn't make enough to cover the cost of daycare for 3 toddlers.

But really, I am only human, I meltdown, I go into the bathroom and count to 10. I just picked up 2.5 million Legos from the basement floor, walk upstairs for a second to grab my tea and they are thrown from one end to the other...Then we play a game called "Who can help mommy pick up the most legos!"
We couldn't afford for me to stay home. I wish I would have been able to. It's very nice that you can.

camily

Peace
Having recently gone back to work, I'd have to say that I am missing out on TONS!!! When i get home from work, then the "real work" starts. I get no break from what I did before but that leaves me unable to concentrate on my priorites. Which are THE KIDS. Before, I always had that stuff done and it was "kid time" afterwards. Running them all over, doing homework etc. Now I have to do them both and it sucks. Stay at home moms (for the most part) work really hard. In ways that can't be measured. I was alwayd there for "Student of thr Month" or for in school recitals. Now, I feel more "inaccessable".

meangirl

Nice lady!
camily said:
Having recently gone back to work, I'd have to say that I am missing out on TONS!!! When i get home from work, then the "real work" starts. I get no break from what I did before but that leaves me unable to concentrate on my priorites. Which are THE KIDS. Before, I always had that stuff done and it was "kid time" afterwards. Running them all over, doing homework etc. Now I have to do them both and it sucks. Stay at home moms (for the most part) work really hard. In ways that can't be measured. I was alwayd there for "Student of thr Month" or for in school recitals. Now, I feel more "inaccessable".

I feel for you girl. I love that my kids never have to ask me if I'm going to come to a student of the month or award ceremony. They just know I'll be there. :huggy:

Geek

camily said:

You are doing the best you can in the situation you are in. They feel your love :huggy:

mamissa3

kwillia said:
My definition of a successful "at home" mom earning her keep is someone who is more than just "adult supervision". She is someone who keeps a neat house, cooks balanced, healthy meals, has structured "learning time" with pre-schoolers and is very involved in their schools and studies once they hit school years. She also tends to her garden and flower beds. She's just as tired in the evenings as her husband is after his day of work... but if she works it right, they have the evening to enjoy together and relax as a family.
Have you ever been a stay at home mom??

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
camily said:
I work full-time and I'm always available for my daughter. If there is something going on at school (Muffins for Mom for example) that takes priority over anything going on at work. She is at school for roughly the same time I'm at work so I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything during the day. We come home, she does homework, we have dinner then we may play a game or two. There's never a moment where I feel slighted in some way, but that's just me.

mamissa3

It is not as easy as you make it sound in your other post. I Could only wish i had time for all that you said plus some. I am very involved in my 4 childrens life. School activities, dance, playing with them, volunteering at school. My children ages are 6, almost 5, almost 3 and one tomorrow!!!! My house is not dirty but by any meanse is it spotless either. I tend to the garden when my children are outside with me. I also have a very part time job on the weekends. I pay bills, do laundry, drive them to where they need to go and so on. I love my children to death, and would not change my full time job with them for anything!

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
I don't know if I respect them, but I certainly do not have no respect for them. I say do what you want to do, don't do it to create some image for everyone else.

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
nitwhit3286 said:
I am a stay at home mom for now and I love it!!

That's what all stay at home parents say. At least, until the working parent starts griping about bills...

Then the SAHP changes their tune to "This is the hardest most important job ever! So stop your #####ing!!!"

Then the working parent calls their bluff with "Oh yeah? Then let's switch places!" to which the SAHP replies "uhh, no thanks..."

:lmao:

N

nitwhit3286

Lugnut said:
That's what all stay at home parents say. At least, until the working parent starts griping about bills...

Then the SAHP changes their tune to "This is the hardest most important job ever! So stop your #####ing!!!"

Then the working parent calls their bluff with "Oh yeah? Then let's switch places!" to which the SAHP replies "uhh, no thanks..."

:lmao:

haha yeah well I would like to have a full time job but no one could take care of their own child like their parents. I would be damned if I let someone in this county be responsible for my kid...poor baby would wind up on an atv...... :whistle:

camily

Peace
Bustem' Down said:
I don't know if I respect them, but I certainly do not have no respect for them. I say do what you want to do, don't do it to create some image for everyone else.
That was hard for me to understand. I had to read it real slow a couple times. :lol:

Redskinsmama

i feel like i just stepped into a 50's time warp. I certainly have respect for stay at home moms b/c that is a task that not many people can handle gracefully. I do not feel that it should automatically be a job deemed for the woman of the house. And why can't you have your cake and eat it too? I want to be successful (which to me certainly equates to career, not saying that career is the only criteria for success) and have a family and i think both are achievable at the same time. I want to provide my family with the best of everything and be able to afford an amazing education for my children when the opportunity arises. Why is wanting this and more considered not really caring for your family?