Dugger vs Dunham

This_person

Why is it you feel obligated to somehow defend what this guy has done? I doubt you molested your sisters and cheated on your wife?

He's a family values advocate and is CHEATING ON HIS WIFE. Don't you find that a little hypocritical?

He didn't just f**k up as a teenager, he cheated on his wife who has four kids. I've got a bunch of rocks here because I have never done either.

While I see no reason to defend this new revelation, I also see no reason to revel in it. Does his infidelity change the value of what he preached? Does his mistakes make everything else he has said wrong? Of course not. He's fallible, like the rest of us. He did stuff hugely hypocritical, like every one of us has. What a shocker.

littlelady

God bless the USA
While I see no reason to defend this new revelation, I also see no reason to revel in it. Does his infidelity change the value of what he preached? Does his mistakes make everything else he has said wrong? Of course not. He's fallible, like the rest of us. He did stuff hugely hypocritical, like every one of us has. What a shocker.

Nailed it! I think he is very brave to come out, and call himself out. No excuses. His marriage is ruined, and maybe his life. Like I said earlier in this thread, I don't understand why people feed off of someone else's misfortune. I see it time and time again on this forum. Oh, well. I still hold out hope for humanity.

Salvador

One Nation Under God
Nailed it! I think he is very brave to come out, and call himself out. No excuses. His marriage is ruined, and maybe his life. Like I said earlier in this thread, I don't understand why people feed off of someone else's misfortune. I see it time and time again on this forum. Oh, well. I still hold out hope for humanity.

:killingme

:popcorn:

littlelady

God bless the USA

Did you delete your commentary about the subject of this thread? It is not frowned upon if you edit. Oh wait, never mind. You are just being a jerk with nothing of substance to say. :lol:

Attachments

• pop.jpg
    pop.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 132

PsyOps

Pixelated

Oh horse****! It's just like all the others... they suddenly become humble and "brave" in their admission of wrong-doing AFTER they get caught. I am reluctant to judge someone for what they did when they were 14; I would only from the aspect of what the parents might have been doing to prevent it or recognize the problem. I view adults that only recognize their wrong-doing after they get caught as cowards.

But, it needs to be said I think that this is the consequence of parents that would exploit their children for money; parade them all over the tube without considering what viewers might think if something goes wrong. The parents made their kids targets. To me, this is the sad narrative of 'reality TV'.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Why is it you feel obligated to somehow defend what this guy has done? I doubt you molested your sisters and cheated on your wife?

He's a family values advocate and is CHEATING ON HIS WIFE. Don't you find that a little hypocritical?

He didn't just f**k up as a teenager, he cheated on his wife who has four kids. I've got a bunch of rocks here because I have never done either.

Okay, he is hypocritical. Guess what? He has been caught, forced to admit, and now will pay for his failings. Everyone's outraged that someone committed a sin, had a failure in judgment, made mistakes.

You may have a bunch of rocks (to throw?) because you've never done *what he's done* - but no doubt you've made other mistakes or had a lapse in judgment sometime in your life. No one is perfect.

Will he change or learn from his mistake? Will he be able to make amends for it? Time will tell.

tblwdc

You don't know me, but if you did, you would not associate me with a hypocrite. If that is you, then so be it, but not every one of us is a hypocrite. I believe in what I say. I practice what I preach.

This does discredit him and his message. How can you believe anything he says. I never revel in anyone person's misfortunes, but that doesn't mean I ignore them either.

tblwdc

Okay, he is hypocritical. Guess what? He has been caught, forced to admit, and now will pay for his failings. Everyone's outraged that someone committed a sin, had a failure in judgment, made mistakes.

You may have a bunch of rocks (to throw?) because you've never done *what he's done* - but no doubt you've made other mistakes or had a lapse in judgment sometime in your life. No one is perfect.

Will he change or learn from his mistake? Will he be able to make amends for it? Time will tell.

Obviously he has not learned from his mistake. Time has told! He first sexually assaults his sisters, then he cheats on his wife. If that isn't a deviant I don't know what is? By no means am I saying I'm perfect. I am no hypocrite though. I will not go out and pretend to be someone I am not.

I would hope that you remember your words then next time you decide to be critical of someone. Funny, I've never heard you say this about other people you have chosen to lambaste.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Oh horse****! It's just like all the others... they suddenly become humble and "brave" in their admission of wrong-doing AFTER they get caught. I am reluctant to judge someone for what they did when they were 14; I would only from the aspect of what the parents might have been doing to prevent it or recognize the problem. I view adults that only recognize their wrong-doing after they get caught as cowards.

But, it needs to be said I think that this is the consequence of parents that would exploit their children for money; parade them all over the tube without considering what viewers might think if something goes wrong. The parents made their kids targets. To me, this is the sad narrative of 'reality TV'.

I didn't read his statement, just heard the headlines, etc. Did the statement say whether he had already told the wife?

I guess in today's world of the internet, peeps better watch their P's and Q's and not be such skeeves or pervs - because they surely will get caught at some point. :yay:

PsyOps

Pixelated
I didn't read his statement, just heard the headlines, etc. Did the statement say whether he had already told the wife?

I guess in today's world of the internet, peeps better watch their P's and Q's and not be such skeeves or pervs - because they surely will get caught at some point. :yay:

Statement from Josh Duggar:

I have been the biggest hypocrite ever. While espousing faith and family values, I have been unfaithful to my wife.

I am so ashamed of the double life that I have been living and am grieved for the hurt, pain and disgrace my sin has caused my wife and family, and most of all Jesus and all those who profess faith in Him.

I have brought hurt and a reproach to my family, close friends and the fans of our show with my actions.

The last few years, while publicly stating I was fighting against immorality in our country I was hiding my own personal failures.

As I am learning the hard way, we have the freedom to choose our actions, but we do not get to choose our consequences. I deeply regret all the hurt I have caused so many by being such a bad example.

I humbly ask for your forgiveness. Please pray for my precious wife Anna and our family during this time.

Josh Duggar

This just makes me think of the Hillary email thing... so much dishonesty and corruption. What's so odd about this is, the same people that are judging Josh (which is fair), are the same people making excuses for Hillary.

Last edited:

tblwdc

Statement from Josh Duggar:

This just makes me think of the Hillary email thing... so much dishonesty and corruption. What's so odd about this is, the same people that are judging Josh (which is fair), are the same people making excuses for Hillary.

What???? I think Hillary Clinton is the most corrupt politician we have! Along with corrupt, I think she's inept. I believe her arrogance and ignorance cost American lives.

Why is it people try to make one thing into another. This guy is a deviant. He lacks self control and is a liar.

PsyOps

Pixelated
What???? I think Hillary Clinton is the most corrupt politician we have! Along with corrupt, I think she's inept. I believe her arrogance and ignorance cost American lives.

Why is it people try to make one thing into another. This guy is a deviant. He lacks self control and is a liar.

You highlighted my point but didn't seem to get it.

How is it the same people (progressives) that are vilifying Josh Duggar are giving Hillary a pass? Josh's and Hillary's behavior is rooted in corruption and blatant dishonesty. I'm fed up with these people (progressives) claiming they hold the moral high ground through condemning Christians for their bad behavior, while turning a blind eye to the corruption that exists among their own.

Last edited:

This_person

You don't know me, but if you did, you would not associate me with a hypocrite. If that is you, then so be it, but not every one of us is a hypocrite. I believe in what I say. I practice what I preach.

This does discredit him and his message. How can you believe anything he says. I never revel in anyone person's misfortunes, but that doesn't mean I ignore them either.

If you believe that you have never done anything hypocritical, you should reexamine your actions. You are correct that I don't know you, of course. But, I am fairly certain that you are human.

If you can't separate the message from the messenger, I feel sad for you. So, because his message of fidelity conflicts with his actions, then you have to believe fidelity is not a good message? "Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant; they too have their story." This is good advice, but I've made mistakes in my life, so I must be wrong, right?

Midnightrider

If you believe that you have never done anything hypocritical, you should reexamine your actions. You are correct that I don't know you, of course. But, I am fairly certain that you are human.

If you can't separate the message from the messenger, I feel sad for you. So, because his message of fidelity conflicts with his actions, then you have to believe fidelity is not a good message? "Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant; they too have their story." This is good advice, but I've made mistakes in my life, so I must be wrong, right?

you were wrong when you defended duggar for touching his sisters, you were wrong for defending his family for not handling it properly, and you are wrong in defending him now. neither his hypocricy nor his sexual misdeeds deserve any defending.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What's so odd about this is, the same people that are judging Josh (which is fair), are the same people making excuses for Hillary.

That's not odd at all.

So sorry, Josh Duggar, you are NOT the biggest hypocrite ever. Political party zealots have you beat by a mile.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
How is this even political? I have hardcore republican friends that think Josh is creep.

Chances are good that your hardcore Republican friends aren't digging through the mountains of Ashley Madison data looking for him.

Hank

my war
Chances are good that your hardcore Republican friends aren't digging through the mountains of Ashley Madison data looking for him.

Yeah, because Republicans never dig for dirt on people. They are all so wholesome and virginal....

PsyOps

Pixelated
How is this even political? I have hardcore republican friends that think Josh is creep.

First of all, I don't think it's political to point out dishonesty and how certain groups will use it when they think it benefits them, or explain it away when it doesn't.

I think Josh is a creep too. I think Hillary is a bigger creep because she was capable of doing far more damage to this country than Josh; and we are seeing the results of this damage: dead Americans and damage to national security.