Electric Car News

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

Yeah, and they've said the same thing about fueling ICE vehicles in the heat, claiming the potential for explosions and the venting of harmful fumes into the air. All debunked. DDSS.

Well to be fair, charging batteries does create heat, where as stored, poured, or pumped, gasoline does not until combustion.

glhs837

Power with Control
For your consideration ...

Well to be fair, charging batteries does create heat, where as stored, poured, or pumped, gasoline does not until combustion.

And if you have a proper BMS, it will circulate coolant to manage that heat. As all modern EVS do. Nissan Leafs or low quality Ching Chongs, not so much.

glhs837

Power with Control
And if you drive an ICE vehicle one less thing to worry about.
Except all of the hundreds of extra moving parts, like camshafts, lifters, injectors, bearings, solenoids, hoses and wires, all of the parts of the transmission.oh, and gaskets and o-rings. You still have worry about those...

phreddyp

Except all of the hundreds of extra moving parts, like camshafts, lifters, injectors, bearings, solenoids, hoses and wires, all of the parts of the transmission.oh, and gaskets and o-rings. You still have worry about those...
I don't worry about any of that, worrying is for EV advocates.and EV owners.

glhs837

Power with Control
I don't worry about any of that, worrying is for EV advocates.and EV owners.
Worry? Not me. You were the one that brought up worrying.. :)
At this point margins should be going up, not down.

A few factors in play. Cutting prices to keep selling means cutting margins. Paying for cutting excess employees, that's a one time hit. Still making money, other stuff coming. Energy alone will keep adding profits, especially as the Shanghai megapack factory comes online. Should start seeing more revenue from other makers accessing the SC network. Yesterday was a bloodbath though.

phreddyp

A few factors in play. Cutting prices to keep selling means cutting margins. Paying for cutting excess employees, that's a one time hit. Still making money, other stuff coming. Energy alone will keep adding profits, especially as the Shanghai megapack factory comes online. Should start seeing more revenue from other makers accessing the SC network. Yesterday was a bloodbath though.
I believe that it's just the 1st of several. Tesla went up about 40% on Bullshit news, 3rd quarter should be interesting in my opinion.

glhs837

Power with Control
I believe that it's just the 1st of several. Tesla went up about 40% on Bullshit news, 3rd quarter should be interesting in my opinion.
We shall see. Solid expectations is that the expense of cutting workforce is over. And that energy will continue to add profit. Cars? Who knows.

PeoplesElbow

As a growth stock, it hasn't been attractive for a few years now.

glhs837

Power with Control
The equivalent of siphoning someone's gas I suppose.

What's interesting about this one is that this is the first case I've read about of a residential charging cable being cut. All the other instances that I've read about have been public charging superchargers or other ones like that. I wonder if the guy had a ring camera or if the Tesla itself got video of the cut

PeoplesElbow

What's interesting about this one is that this is the first case I've read about of a residential charging cable being cut. All the other instances that I've read about have been public charging superchargers or other ones like that. I wonder if the guy had a ring camera or if the Tesla itself got video of the cut
I'm thinking it can't be worth that much as scrap copper, there is only so much there. Most likely someone being a dick.