Electric Car News

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
How is the postal service going to charge all of them? Are they going to run a 100ft extension cord out the back?

Government construction takes a long time just to get under contract, repairs are longer. You can bet your ass they didn't think something through and these will sit unused for a long time until they figure out whatever it is they neglect.
The carriers will be told to take them home and charge them there.

Clem72

No chance in hell.

I’m a fan of real cars.

View attachment 169524
Ah, I get it. Like a sports fan, drooling over something you cant do/have and imagining or misremembering it to be better than it was. That car is slower than an EV meant for soccer moms and handles worse than a VW bug, but at least it looks cool.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Ah, I get it. Like a sports fan, drooling over something you cant do/have and imagining or misremembering it to be better than it was. That car is slower than an EV meant for soccer moms and handles worse than a VW bug, but at least it looks cool.
On the contrary, i've had a fair number of fun cars, that one was always just out of reach, as Shelbys tend to be, but when that electric walmart scooter of yours has turned to scrap, that Shelby will continue to be worth more than your entire families fortune. :sshrug:

PS: And be far more fun to drive.

Just say'n....

Clem72

On the contrary, i've had a fair number of fun cars, that one was always just out of reach, as Shelbys tend to be, but when that electric walmart scooter of yours has turned to scrap, that Shelby will continue to be worth more than your entire families fortune. :sshrug:

Just say'n....
Pssst. They ain't that valuable anymore (average is 100k).

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....

Just say'n....
I'm looking forward to trying "launch mode" on my EV, if and when I ever get it. If you hold the brake down, and then put the accelerator to the floor, the motors are disabled. Release the brake, and the full potential of the electric motors are released all at once. Launch Mode.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
I'm looking forward to trying "launch mode" on my EV, if and when I ever get it. If you hold the brake down, and then put the accelerator to the floor, the motors are disabled. Release the brake, and the full potential of the electric motors are released all at once. Launch Mode.
Love that feature.

173981842.jpg

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
In an interview with Insider, Merrill explains that he was initially overjoyed with his new R1S, saying: “I was in a honeymoon phase. It’s an incredible car, and it handles unlike anything I’ve ever driven.” However, when the car got stuck in 2.5 feet of snow, his love affair with the truck promptly ended. Merrill commented on his expectations, stating: “I had seen all the Rivian marketing campaigns with the cars just eating through the snow, so it was kind of like, man, this is disappointing.”

When the Rivian truck became stuck in the snow, a safety feature immobilized the vehicle. The vehicle displayed a critical error and indicated it would have to be taken to a service center. Merrill later suggested that a straightforward reset might have fixed the problem, but Rivian’s customer service did not mention that option during his initial call.

The vehicle had to be loaded onto a flatbed truck and transported to a service center located hundreds of miles away from the incident. The bill to transport the electric truck totaled $2,100, a smack in the face for Merrill, who had just taken possession of the truck in the few days preceding the incident.

This incident has drawn attention to the difficulties Rivian has had maintaining customer satisfaction due to delays in production, delivery, and customer support. Early supporters of the company have previously stated that they have lost interest, and some have made alternative plans to buy other electric cars.

glhs837

Power with Control
When the Rivian truck became stuck in the snow, a safety feature immobilized the vehicle. The vehicle displayed a critical error and indicated it would have to be taken to a service center. Merrill later suggested that a straightforward reset might have fixed the problem, but Rivian’s customer service did not mention that option during his initial call.

So maybe it really didn't need to be loaded onto a flatbed?

Is this the same case?

Hmmm, reads a bit different here. I'm not saying Fox will twist things a bit to make the EV the bad guy...oh wait, yes I am. RTFM when doing things like towing. Also, maybe dont decide your gonna tackle crap your trucks never done way out in the boonies. And if you do, have the knowledge and skills and tools to get out yourself.

Wifes 2015 Jeep does the sort of same thing. If you leave it in gear and leave the seat, it slaps on the parking brake. But wait, this joker decided to put the vehicle in R while it was being pulled. Then lifted his weight off the seat.

Regular people do stupid stuff every day to to lack of RTFM. Its not news. This isnt a bad EV story, its an idiot owner story.

glhs837

Power with Control
Poor Design ... why the fuk is there a sensor in the seat that disables the vehicle
No, it's not poor design. If it's in gear and your butt leaves the seat, it locks up the drivetrain. That's a safety feature. Call it sulu mode. Prevents you from leaving the vehicle while it's in gear and getting run over by the damn thing. Sulu didn't get run over. He got crushed to death by his Jeep Grand Cherokee . So dumbass places it in reverse to somehow help the tow truck driver thought it would be better than neutral I guess. Then while it's in reverse he lifts his ass up out of the seat to I guess see where tow truck was pulling him. That places the vehicle in All Stop. Although I've never known a tow truck driver to let the vehicle owner sit in the seat while it's on his cable.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
No, it's not poor design. If it's in gear and your butt leaves the seat, it locks up the drivetrain. That's a safety feature. Call it sulu mode. Prevents you from leaving the vehicle while it's in gear and getting run over by the damn thing. Sulu didn't get run over. He got crushed to death by his Jeep Grand Cherokee . So dumbass places it in reverse to somehow help the tow truck driver thought it would be better than neutral I guess. Then while it's in reverse he lifts his ass up out of the seat to I guess see where tow truck was pulling him. That places the vehicle in All Stop. Although I've never known a tow truck driver to let the vehicle owner sit in the seat while it's on his cable.
I’m pretty sure that was Chekhov.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Even if is what happened, it shouldn't take a tow truck and a dealer to get a reset. Putting your butt back in the seat, vehicle in park and a shutdown/restart should be able to clear that.

Vehicle 'safety' features have become the new nanny state.

OccamsRazor

Even if is what happened, it shouldn't take a tow truck and a dealer to get a reset. Putting your butt back in the seat, vehicle in park and a shutdown/restart should be able to clear that.

Pretty soon, Right to Repair will be a thing of the past. Just following in the footsteps of companies like Apple, Sony, Samsung, etc. Bye bye local repair shops.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Pretty soon, Right to Repair will be a thing of the past. Just following in the footsteps of companies like Apple, Sony, Samsung, etc. Bye bye local repair shops.
I’m seriously surprised Apple hasn’t introduced the iCar.

glhs837

Power with Control

Well we don't know that it wouldn't have because, well they didn't try.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
That's one of the reasons I'm (hopefully) buying the Aptera. They have made a very forward statement on RtR and promise to provide the owner with whatever they need to effect repairs.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

Soon there will be a a posted hack on how to disable that seat switch. Which really is pretty stupid thing to begin with. It would be stupid people, (those that need protection from themselves), that need something like that anyway, not the majority.