Electric Car News

Clem72

pipeline-or-lithium-mine-v0-o15vmaojv0691.jpg
This is what people are talking about when they say you make up your own narrative and jerk each other off. Every "pro" EV person I have seen post on this forum has stated they like the technology, don't care about the environmental stuff.

You need to take a chill pill dude. This doesn't upset any of us, you're just throwing a tantrum because you don't make enough money to be able to buy diesel and eggs, or switch to an EV.

glhs837

Power with Control
Or charging stations installed nationwide at at taxpayer expense.

Until recently, Tesla received nothing for the Supercharger network, and even now only receive a subsidy for stations that have an additional adapter for non-Tesla cars. The vast majority are still Tesla only.

According to data released by EV research firm EVAdoption, Tesla installed 1,292 DC fast charger ports in the US during the first three months of 2023, which equates to a whopping 59 percent of all new DC port installations. At the same time, Tesla opened 98 new Supercharger sites countrywide, averaging more than one per day.

The next company in the standings is EVgo, which rolled out 250 DC fast charging ports between January 1-March 31, while ChargePoint placed 203.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
This is what people are talking about when they say you make up your own narrative and jerk each other off. Every "pro" EV person I have seen post on this forum has stated they like the technology, don't care about the environmental stuff.

You need to take a chill pill dude. This doesn't upset any of us, you're just throwing a tantrum because you don't make enough money to be able to buy diesel and eggs, or switch to an EV.
:killingme

If you want to drive a golf cart, feel free.

Doesnt' bother me none, but I'm still gonna make fun of your religion. :jet:

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

Anyone see Rams announcement of specs for the production Rev 1500?

Not sure how they can keep it affordable with "planet sized" battery packs. Efficiency matters, and if you need a larger batter than a 10,000lb Hummer to get 500 miles, thats saying something.......

The interior of that RAM truck looks like airline seating with those floor rails and those seats.

glhs837

Power with Control
For your consideration ...

The interior of that RAM truck looks like airline seating with those floor rails and those seats.

Yeah, on the concept they showed in December? Whats funny is that people really thought any of that cool stuff would make it to production. I mean anyone with a brain knew that AI facial recog of the owner to unlock it was not happening. But people got really excited about the tracked seats and huge passthrough and third row seating.

Kinnakeet

I have 2 diesels and plenty of eggs and I can afford a EV I do not wish to have one..But a girl I know likes electric vibrators

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
I have 2 diesels and plenty of eggs and I can afford a EV I do not wish to have one..But a girl I know likes electric vibrators
You might be onto somthing there.

Clem might be high on these things because he's driving around on his Tesla Model Dildo. :jet:

Clem72

I was directing my comment towards Kyle, but glad to note you felt defensive enough to reply. And I am quite sure more than one of the girls you "know" has had to resort to electric means.

Clem72

Ford temporarily halts production of the Lightning. Guess why? Yes, dated 2/14/2023, but not sure I had heard anything about it.

Is may also be because of all of the pre-order cancellations stemming from the dealer markups. Despite the fact that Ford expressly told them to cut it out the dealers continued to markup the vehicles tens of thousands of dollars. I experienced this myself, my originally spec'd lightning was supposed to be around 42-44k after destination and document charges and whatnot. Dealer said they wouldn't sell it to me for less than $65k ($20k market rate adjustment), or if I wanted to change my order to the XLT they would only overcharge me $10k.

glhs837

Power with Control
Is may also be because of all of the pre-order cancellations stemming from the dealer markups. Despite the fact that Ford expressly told them to cut it out the dealers continued to markup the vehicles tens of thousands of dollars. I experienced this myself, my originally spec'd lightning was supposed to be around 42-44k after destination and document charges and whatnot. Dealer said they wouldn't sell it to me for less than $65k ($20k market rate adjustment), or if I wanted to change my order to the XLT they would only overcharge me $10k.

And thus we see the downside of rushing to be first mover. Lots of people now see the second gen coming with better specs, combined with dealer greed, leaves you with slumping sales and no way to lower prices since you cant iterate on a platform that dies in a year and a half.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
And thus we see the downside of rushing to be first mover. Lots of people now see the second gen coming with better specs, combined with dealer greed, leaves you with slumping sales and no way to lower prices since you cant iterate on a platform that dies in a year and a half.
Aptera has a few programs to obtain funding, and those that invest a significant amount in the company are placed on the very short list to receive first run models before anyone else. Many people have done so.

My number on the wait list is 25,880, and I'm very ok with waiting for my number to become available, even if it takes longer. My thinking is that if I'm going to spend that much, I'm not going to be a beta tester. let someone else do that, and by the time mine comes up, there's a much better chance bugs will have been found and fixed. And if the first 25,879 vehicles prove it to be a dog, I still have time to cancel my order.

Clem72

how things have changed..... back in the 50's and 60's, (I guess late 40's) hot rodding, car clubs and the Rock Groups singing about girls, cars, cars and cars, some surfing was the scene...

Now, new age sparktricity transport modes, cross dressing, non-binary, and polluted water killed those themes.

I dont see a re-birth of Dick Dale, Brian Wilson, the Ventures or The Del-Vikings singing about their Lesbo boyfriend in a Chevy Spark.
You know Brian Wilson pioneer of electronic music and heavy user of psychedelics would definitely fit in today's scene and be all about sparktricity and lesbos.

stgislander

PREMO Member
how things have changed..... back in the 50's and 60's, (I guess late 40's) hot rodding, car clubs and the Rock Groups singing about girls, cars, cars and cars, some surfing was the scene...

Now, new age sparktricity transport modes, cross dressing, non-binary, and polluted water killed those themes.

I dont see a re-birth of Dick Dale, Brian Wilson, the Ventures or The Del-Vikings singing about their Lesbo boyfriend in a Chevy Spark.
EVs killed the muscle car star.