Electric Car News

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
how about the latest GM V8's

the one that shuts off cylinders in cruise mode ... the 1st item owners undo - killing the lockout with eprom flashing or a cam / lifter swap
Yeah, on the border of getting the engine work for the lifter issue. Labor-expensive now, but possibly total engine loss later.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
I worked for a DC plumbing company 90 - 94 we had a fleet of 6 E-350 vans from an 88 to a 92 ... all driven all over DC, the owner, his son, and Brother all lived in Calvert and drove to DC EVERY DAY, then drove in DC all day .... nary an issue other than routine maintenance - Oil Brake and Tires
I'm surprised they did away with the Econoline series. They were a damn good truck.

My mother had a 82, family van with a 300I6 in it. Damn thing went everywhere, up and down mountains, popped the seats out and hauled stuff for her business, towed, took a beating on NJ and PA cratered roads. :lmao:

glhs837

Power with Control
Still junk..why isnt anyone talking about the mining process to get the material for the batteries and what do you do when the batteries are no good anymore and how about the extra strain on the power grid if any? Its not worth the time or the money..like I said before I can assume that your long distance trips will take far longer as there are not charging stations all over like there are gas stations and how many miles can you go before you have to start looking for a charge station,My diesel truck can travel about 390 miles before I have to look for fuel and my Subaru about 425 maybe more and I wont have to clinch my butt hole hoping to find a fuel station...I think some people just buy new things just to say the did...lol

It's almost as if you don't understand or choose to refuse to understand that things do improve over time. You keep yapping about the same problems that become less of a problem over time.

Kinnakeet

Just as a point of reference, do you need this often? My normal commute is a couple of miles around town. Once a month or less I might go to Waldorf or DC.

I have zero reason to travel further, all my living relatives are on the other side of the country and I have no desire to make that trip by car (gas or electric).

For me a cheap EV would make perfect sense.

If you regularly drive more than 300 miles, then obviously an EV isn't the best choice. Neither is a diesel truck likely the best choice (unless your hauling stuff), but you do you.
If you let your EV sit for a while does it drain the battery keeping needed stuff up and then you have to charge it again?

Kinnakeet

It's almost as if you don't understand or choose to refuse to understand that things do improve over time. You keep yapping about the same problems that become less of a problem over time.
Thats what they all say.. we will all be dead by the time any EV is perfect.

Clem72

You could use the same arguments against him.

"Why doesn't anyone talk about all of the lead in gasoline!"
"You know how they get this stuff out of the ground, why isn't anyone talking about fracking and the earthquakes and poisoned water it causes?"
"Are people aware gas can catch on fire and explode, it's like they have never seen the Sandra Bullock documentary Speed".

phreddyp

Is that the m
I'm surprised they did away with the Econoline series. They were a damn good truck.

My mother had a 82, family van with a 300I6 in it. Damn thing went everywhere, up and down mountains, popped the seats out and hauled stuff for her business, towed, took a beating on NJ and PA cratered roads. :lmao:
Is that the model where the engine was between the seats, if it was they ran pretty good with a six but damn they were noisy.

glhs837

Power with Control
Per
Thats what they all say.. we will all be dead by the time any EV is perfect.

Perfect? Like ICE cars? Yeah buddy
Burt Reynolds Roger GIF

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
If you let your EV sit for a while does it drain the battery keeping needed stuff up and then you have to charge it again?
If you park an ICE in the garage, does the battery go flat after a while if not used? (yes...)

I was going to say something similar. He made up his mind a long time ago that EVs were bad, and time just stopped at that point. No inclination to read about current progress or advancements. No real world knowledge of the state of the art.

Kinnakeet

If you park an ICE in the garage, does the battery go flat after a while if not used? (yes...)

I was going to say something similar. He made up his mind a long time ago that EVs were bad, and time just stopped at that point. No inclination to read about current progress or advancements. No real world knowledge of the state of the art.
No real world knowledge of the state of the art...true, dont care about it at all as I really have no use for it and at the moment I did not think about a ICE battery, I really do not like modern

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
When Democrats and Greenie-Weenies prevent NEW Coal, Petroleum, Natural Gas and Nuclear Power Stations from being built, the demand is not going to be met and the price of electricity is going to rise in accordance with demand.

Of course I'm sure Leftists have a plan in the works for one of those Unicorn Fart Electrical Generating Stations pumping out 5000 TW of power...

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
No real world knowledge of the state of the art...true, dont care about it at all as I really have no use for it and at the moment I did not think about a ICE battery, I really do not like modern
Then from here on out, your opinions are of no value to anyone here.