Electric Car News

Clem72

The five-level building, which has several active violations listed with the city, dates back to 1925 and was first licensed as a garage in 1957 for five vehicles per floor, WNBC reported.

So they aggressively overloaded this parking structure and it collapsed. Then blame EVs? Is this the "she was asking for it officer, just look at them gams" defense?

Clem72

Dont those EV weigh over 5000 pounds

Some, most are closer to 3000. You want to guess how much an F-150 weighs? Or a mid to full size SUV?

Is it suspicious that every single vehicle in the photo of the collapse is an SUV (and as far as I can see none are EVs).

More suspicious they quote the British Parking Association for all their info on weight increases for EVs. Because the average vehicle in the UK is much smaller than the average US.

But it's Fox News so we know their reporting doesn't have an agenda. Wait, did Fox News report on the 787.5 million dollar settlement they just agreed to pay dominion for, you know, lying?

glhs837

Power with Control
My god, thats a horrible article. There are a few honest points.

The report from the British Parking Association noted that some electric cars weigh more than double what popular models in the same segments did in the 1960s, due in part to their heavy battery packs. This also often applies to contemporary cars.

So, new cars weigh a lot more than the deathtraps from the 60s. Electric or ICE. At that point, why mention EVs at all. And yep. Model Ss weighs. 4500-4700lbs. A Mercedes E class 3700 to 4500. So while a base model e (lots of those, Im sure) can weight 1,000 less, its not common, I'll bet.

This isnt an EV problem.

phreddyp

My god, thats a horrible article. There are a few honest points.

So, new cars weigh a lot more than the deathtraps from the 60s. Electric or ICE. At that point, why mention EVs at all. And yep. Model Ss weighs. 4500-4700lbs. A Mercedes E class 3700 to 4500. So while a base model e (lots of those, Im sure) can weight 1,000 less, its not common, I'll bet.

This isnt an EV problem.
Yes it is

Kinnakeet

Some, most are closer to 3000. You want to guess how much an F-150 weighs? Or a mid to full size SUV?

Is it suspicious that every single vehicle in the photo of the collapse is an SUV (and as far as I can see none are EVs).

More suspicious they quote the British Parking Association for all their info on weight increases for EVs. Because the average vehicle in the UK is much smaller than the average US.

But it's Fox News so we know their reporting doesn't have an agenda. Wait, did Fox News report on the 787.5 million dollar settlement they just agreed to pay dominion for, you know, lying?

My question was do the EV weigh 5000 pounds thats all,what the Fuk does Fox news have to do with any part of my question

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
6tfw80.jpg

glhs837

Power with Control
My question was do the EV weigh 5000 pounds thats all,what the Fuk does Fox news have to do with any part of my question

Cars? No, not generally. We'll use the below because between them they make up the vast majority of EV cars sold in the States, and a lot of other places in the world.

Model 3 - 3,648 to 4,250 lbs

Model Y - 4,550lbs.

The link that started this particular piece of fvckery was Fox news taking an unrelated collapse of a parking structure and trying to tie it into EVs, since they seem to have a particular hatred for them. Even Fox Business gets into it. Other than The Five, thats the only Fox stuff I listen to. I love me some Varney :) But I heard the same old "Average purchase price is 60K for EVs", and "No Teslsa qualify for the $7500 tax credit" just yesterday morning. Both false statements.

PeoplesElbow

Cars? No, not generally. We'll use the below because between them they make up the vast majority of EV cars sold in the States, and a lot of other places in the world.

Model 3 - 3,648 to 4,250 lbs

Model Y - 4,550lbs.

The link that started this particular piece of fvckery was Fox news taking an unrelated collapse of a parking structure and trying to tie it into EVs, since they seem to have a particular hatred for them. Even Fox Business gets into it. Other than The Five, thats the only Fox stuff I listen to. I love me some Varney :) But I heard the same old "Average purchase price is 60K for EVs", and "No Teslsa qualify for the $7500 tax credit" just yesterday morning. Both false statements.
I thought Tesla has already sold their allotment of cars allowed to qualify?

glhs837

Power with Control
I thought Tesla has already sold their allotment of cars allowed to qualify?
They had and went with no subsidies for quite a while. But Bidens new one changed that. In fact, since they are the most made in America cars right now more of them qualify. And with the recent price drops the out the door prices are pretty tasty

Tax Credit for Each Vehicle Delivery Starting April 18, 2023:

• Model 3 Rear-Wheel Drive: $3,750
  • Model 3 Performance: $7,500
  • Model Y All-Wheel Drive: $7,500
  • Model Y Long Range: $7,500
  • Model Y Performance: $7,500

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Anyone see Rams announcement of specs for the production Rev 1500?

Not sure how they can keep it affordable with "planet sized" battery packs. Efficiency matters, and if you need a larger batter than a 10,000lb Hummer to get 500 miles, thats saying something.......
We've started work on a 148-foot high-speed passenger ferry that will be all electric powered. Estimated battery weight is 110 metric tons.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
“Towed my first EV Today,” he said.

“A brand new $90,000 electric pickup from the rest area on South Pass to Rocksprings…

“He had charged in Riverton enough to go 120 miles, but ran out of kilovolts halfway over the mountain (about 60 miles) so you might want to make sure your tank is full of electrons before tackling any mountain passes.”

The comments on Yeaman’s post were less than sympathetic.

“Now that’s funny,” one wrote. “No thank you. I’ll just keep my old gas run car and pickup. Those idiots don’t have a clue how we live in Wy.”

One had a helpful suggestion: “He should’ve been pulling a trailer with a horse in it…he would’ve made it then!! good thing it’s you to the rescue Jake!!”

“Haha,” another wrote. “It is not even extreme cold and not overly windy … Just wait until they start trying to go that route at -20 and with the 60 mph winds…”

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
“He had charged in Riverton enough to go 120 miles, but ran out of kilovolts halfway over the mountain (about 60 miles)
Operator error. 120 mile range on the the car's battery capacity is for flat terrain. Any idiot knows it takes more energy to go over a mountain, regardless ICE or EV. Maybe his plan was to make it to the mountain top and coast back down?