Electric Car News

Kinnakeet

Cool pic of the charging vehicle - a van. It doesn't appear to be a tow truck so the vehicle is charged in place? If ICE you add a gallon of gas in 1 minute and the user drives off the bridge. Charging in place takes how long to clear the bridge?

I like the Gen Patton solution. If the vehicle can't be started in 5 minutes push it over the side.
EV = junk! people buy them because they think its the next great thing

Clem72

EV = junk! people buy them because they think its the next great thing
Motorcycles = death traps. People buy them because they want to look cool and be organ donors.
F-150s = office tough guy machines. People buy them because once a year a co-worker might need help moving.
Wranglers = the your girlfriend's car, and she wears the pants in the relationship.
Miata = I couldn't afford a Boxter but still want to be a douche canoe.

Or we can just let people buy what they want and quit getting so butt hurt over other peoples choices.

Clem72

Not true at all.

People buy them because, with a bull bar installed, it's easier to shove those slow assed priuses, hundais and kias off the road and into a ditch and doesn't even scratch the bumper.
See everyone, perfect example of the office tough guy. Saying things behind his computer that he fantasizes about but would never do. So Kyle, how many priuses have you hit? Please tell us.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
See everyone, perfect example of the office tough guy. Saying things behind his computer that he fantasizes about but would never do. So Kyle, how many priuses have you hit? Please tell us.
You really dont' have much of a sense of humor, do you?

Don't answer. I already know. :lmao:

And p.s. ... I dont' hit them. I gently "nudge" them with a little friendly reminder to move right. :whistle:

phreddyp

And p.s. ... I dont' hit them. I gently "nudge" them with a little friendly reminder to move right. :whistle:
Got to remember that Clem72 is a super intelligent electrical engineer who thinks you can run a complete household on a 3500 watt portable generator, when called out on this he quickly changed his narrative to (well maybe not the whole household) LOL!:yahoo: You can make your own assumptions but to me he is just another wannabe.

Clem72

Oh I got it. So tell me friend, does your wife drive a Wrangler? This is a safe place, you can tell us.

phreddyp

You two are hilarious :) I imagine back in the day you would have been all in on buggy whips :)
Maybe, but then again I am not the one blindly pushing a not ready for prime time technology! I prefer to get my monies worth out of anything that I purchase!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

Holding Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Oh I got it. So tell me friend, does your wife drive a Wrangler? This is a safe place, you can tell us.
I'm not responsible for one of those and as far as my ex... She drives a Suburban with an 8.1L in it.

She's making up for your electric car. :neener:

glhs837

Power with Control
Not true at all.

People buy them because, with a bull bar installed, it's easier to shove those slow assed priuses, hundais and kias off the road and into a ditch and doesn't even scratch the bumper.

According to Edwards’ data, 75 percent of truck owners use their truck for towing one time a year or less (meaning, never). Nearly 70 percent of truck owners go off-road one time a year or less. And a full 35 percent of truck owners use their truck for hauling—putting something in the bed, its ostensible raison d’être—once a year or less.

I know some folks with trucks. Some use them to tow boats. Usually twice a year. Others use them to get the spring and fall mulch. But most just like being up above traffic and feeling safer because of it.

Of course this doesnt count fleets and tradespeople.

glhs837

Power with Control
Maybe, but then again I am not the one blindly pushing a not ready for prime time technology! I prefer to get my monies worth out of anything that I purchase!
"Blindly pushing?". No at all. I'm fully aware of the benefits and drawbacks. They have a solid place in the transportation world, even if they, nor the infrastructure is ready to take all of the load. That transition will be decades in the making. Millions of people are getting their monies worth and are quite happy.

phreddyp

"Blindly pushing?". No at all. I'm fully aware of the benefits and drawbacks. They have a solid place in the transportation world, even if they, nor the infrastructure is ready to take all of the load. That transition will be decades in the making. Millions of people are getting their monies worth and are quite happy.
And many are not which you blindly refuse to acknowledge!

Clem72

So are you saying that any Jeep after the CJ is a wussie man's vehicle?
No, i'm saying 90% of who I see driving wranglers now are 20-30year old women, either with pony tales and pink I ❤️ Pugs stickers on the back or looking like they could be on their way to work on an oil rig.

But Kyle said his misses drove a suburban, so either they have like 7 kids or she didn't wear the pants in the family, she wore the muumuu.

glhs837

Power with Control
And many are not which you blindly refuse to acknowledge!

Just because you claim one doesn't make it real for most owners. I acknowledge them all but I also know many of them are BS individual stories that don't apply to the vast majority of owners. "Nobody want them" you say. I point to massive increases in sales. "People buy them once and then dump them" you say, and I point to the fact that the only group that doesn't stick with them is people who decided to buy them without being able to charge them at home. And that most owners not only replace theirs with another one, they quite often buy a second.

Here's the key. You always point to anecdotes of individuals (usually idiots). I always point to verifiable information made up of thousands of data points. What have I blindly ignored? Your idiot neighbors? Nope, we discussed he fact that they made bad choices. Buying a Sharpsonic car stereo from the back of the flea market doesn't mean car stereos suck, just that you chose a crappy one.