Electric Car News

glhs837

Power with Control
Quickly becoming a standard. The Aptera will use it too.

If you find time, go read the whiny letter that the coalition behind the CCS adapter wrote recently after Ford did their adoption news. "Whaaa, its not really a standard unless some organization approves it." Ah, it's here in this article.

So the actual big news here is that this will allow these makers access to the back side of the Supercharging experience. Meaning you won't need a credit card. You don't need to swipe anything. You don't need an account with 15 different companies. Your Ford pass app or whatever GM's version of that is will act like the Tesla app. Pull up p,lug in, relax

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
So the actual big news here is that this will allow these makers access to the back side of the Supercharging experience. Meaning you won't need a credit card. You don't need to swipe anything. You don't need an account with 15 different companies. Your Ford pass app or whatever GM's version of that is will act like the Tesla app. Pull up p,lug in, relax
That's what we're hoping for, the details haven't been formalized yet, at least on the Aptera. However, it is expected to work that way.

glhs837

Power with Control

Shocking that a prototype had issues. I hear less "basic design flaws" and more "a whole new way of making a vehicle means you have new problems to solve."

Sarcastic Boy Meets World GIF

Clem72

Well, wonder what this might be for....

Best guess is that GMs coming onboard with NACS. Which means an effective end to CCS1. Now, can other EV charging providers survive? Not unless they get serious about keeping chargers operational and providing the seamless experience that Supercharging does. Pull up, plug in and it's ready.

GM has confirmed that it will adopt Tesla's North American Charging Standard (NACS) for its future electric vehicles, following in the footsteps of Ford.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Shocking that a prototype had issues. I hear less "basic design flaws" and more "a whole new way of making a vehicle means you have new problems to solve."

There are also bound to be design flaws when you try to reinvent the wheel to be square or triangular. Some would call it folly.

This is my enjoyment face > :lmao:

glhs837

Power with Control
There are also bound to be design flaws when you try to reinvent the wheel to be square or triangular. Some would call it folly.

This is my enjoyment face > :lmao:

Some called reusable rockets folly....... some called trying to make money selling EVs folly. Those people don't have enjoyment face today :)

stgislander

PREMO Member

Sarcastic Boy Meets World GIF
Let me tell you about the project I'm currently working on....

glhs837

Power with Control
The folks of west Texas and south eastern California are more alike than you may think.

That's the problem with making assumptions based on close geography. Which was the point. Parts of Texas like to act more like LA than Texas. And out in Kern County, its more like Texas than Austin acts.

DaSDGuy

Apparently China's EV success has a lot of BS attached. Thousands of new cars parked in a dirt field gathering dust because the manufacture(s) bought them to inflate sales numbers and get government subsidies.

glhs837

Power with Control
Apparently China's EV success has a lot of BS attached. Thousands of new cars parked in a dirt field gathering dust because the manufacture(s) bought them to inflate sales numbers and get government subsidies.

Yep, subsidies can lead to bad behavior. See scooter and EV bike stuff in a lot of us cities. Let the market decide