Electric Car News

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
people do stop every three to four hours, although if you have a 300 mile range...
A stop for 10 minutes to fuel up, piss break and hit the road again.

Not an hour.

and I really don’t wanna stop to watch Netflix or play a game. I want to get where the **** I’m going.

i’d be willing to bet by 2050 you’re still going to see at least 30% if not 40% of the vehicles on the road being gasoline.

There are a whole range of things besides cars that they’re still not going to be able to push this to in spite of their desire to force their religion on everyone.

Hell these dumb ass Democrats want the military to be running electric trucks and tanks for combat. :dork:

Agriculture, construction, military… Most of these things are not going to be able to comply with the green agenda.

glhs837

Power with Control
I’ve never heard of anyone purchasing a gasoline powered car that couldn’t get a major part for it eight years after it was built. Except maybe the Yugo.

That being said am I to assume that we should expect electric cars support structure to be equivalent to the Yugo?

Nope, but don't expect that level of support for a car that was made in very very limited quantities for compliance reasons. Less than 9,000 made over 8 years. Can you name me any other production car made in such limited quantities? I owned one, my 1987 GLHS. Guess what, the special limited parts for that car, shift knob, intercooler, and some other things, made by or for Shelby Automobiles, those things went away after he folded and Dodge never bought anymore. That's my point, to equate this unicorn car with ones made in the hundreds of thousands is not realistic.

20118 [59]
2012685 [59]
20131,738 [60]
20141,964 [61]
20151,582 [62]
2016872 [63]
20171,817 [64]
2018560 [6

glhs837

Power with Control
A stop for 10 minutes to fuel up, piss break and hit the road again.

Not an hour.

and I really don’t wanna stop to watch Netflix or play a game. I want to get where the **** I’m going.

i’d be willing to bet by 2050 you’re still going to see at least 30% if not 40% of the vehicles on the road being gasoline.

There are a whole range of things besides cars that they’re still not going to be able to push this to in spite of their desire to force their religion on everyone.

Hell these dumb ass Democrats want the military to be running electric trucks and tanks for combat. :dork:

Agriculture, construction, military… Most of these things are not going to be able to comply with the green agenda.

Right, but you are not everyone :) <ost people stop more. And we agree, yet again, that this conversion shouldnt be forced.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Okay so you equate specialty modification of an existing car model to Normal production?

And also… The range of my truck, as well as the last four has been at least 600 miles each. The 92 had a range of 740.

I see the biggest problem is the electric religion is overpromising and under delivering and the excuse is, the solution it’s always just off in the future.

glhs837

Power with Control
Okay so you equate specialty modification of an existing car model to Normal production?

And also… The range of my truck, as well as the last four has been at least 600 miles each. The 92 had a range of 740.

I see the biggest problem is the electric religion is overpromising and under delivering and the excuse is, the solution it’s always just off in the future.
Sure do, when the part you can't get is part of that specialty modification. That EV conversion was done by Magna. Not Ford.

And not really fair to compare a truck with a diesel and a huge tank to a passenger car, is it? And I don't pay attention to promises. Just what's on the road now.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Sure do, when the part you can't get is part of that specialty modification. That EV conversion was done by Magna. Not Ford.

And not really fair to compare a truck with a diesel and a huge tank to a passenger car, is it? And I don't pay attention to promises. Just what's on the road now.
Actually none of mine are diesel. They just have large tanks and fuel efficient gasoline engines. Although I don’t think this coyote is what I would really call fuel efficient, considering my propensity to step into it.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Very interesting talk, but most of what he says are things we've already discussed regarding the actual cost of building an electric vehicle. But he misses the mark completely with his "solution". He take great care to extrapolate the costs to build a battery, but does not use the same concept for solar panels and windmills, the mining, the reduction, the shipping from overseas, the loss of vegetation and groundwater for acres and acres of solar farms...

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
EV bus in Hamden, CT the other day.
1659038083964.png

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Electric Vehicles May Present Major Problem During Natural Disaster Evacuations: Experts

A report from Transportation Research published in ScienceDirect headlined “Can we evacuate from hurricanes with electric vehicles?” found that Florida—which often bears the force of hurricanes—may not have enough power to cope during an evacuation.

“If the majority of the evacuating vehicles were EVs, Florida would face a serious challenge in power supply,” the report said.

It added that could affect six out of the nine main power authorities, especially those in mid-Florida, and “could induce cascading failure of the entire power network” throughout the state.

In California, the two main natural disasters are earthquakes and wildfires.

Both are short-notice events that have the potential to knock out the power grid with no warning, making it especially difficult, if not impossible, to charge a Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV),” a case study from California Polytechnic State University found.

In 2020, sales of electric vehicles (EVs) reached a record 3 million, according to the International Energy Agency (IEA). And, EV sales could increase to 23 million by 2030, thanks partly to the Biden administration’s stated goal of half of all new vehicles sold in 2030 being zero-emissions vehicles.

The increase in EV adoption makes the issue of natural disaster evacuations more pressing.

However, according to a panel of experts at the 2022 National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL), the problem has yet to be solved.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
My initial thought was to have a generator and drag it along with you during the evac. But the first time you broke it out and fired it up, you'd be swamped with electric zombies. "kwh.......need kwh......."

glhs837

Power with Control

Electric Vehicles May Present Major Problem During Natural Disaster Evacuations: Experts

A report from Transportation Research published in ScienceDirect headlined “Can we evacuate from hurricanes with electric vehicles?” found that Florida—which often bears the force of hurricanes—may not have enough power to cope during an evacuation.

“If the majority of the evacuating vehicles were EVs, Florida would face a serious challenge in power supply,” the report said.

It added that could affect six out of the nine main power authorities, especially those in mid-Florida, and “could induce cascading failure of the entire power network” throughout the state.

Both are short-notice events that have the potential to knock out the power grid with no warning, making it especially difficult, if not impossible, to charge a Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV),” a case study from California Polytechnic State University found.

In 2020, sales of electric vehicles (EVs) reached a record 3 million, according to the International Energy Agency (IEA). And, EV sales could increase to 23 million by 2030, thanks partly to the Biden administration’s stated goal of half of all new vehicles sold in 2030 being zero-emissions vehicles.

The increase in EV adoption makes the issue of natural disaster evacuations more pressing.

However, according to a panel of experts at the 2022 National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL), the problem has yet to be solved.

Yep, 2017s grid most likely couldn't handle 2030s emergency demands. Shocker, really. Posit a 100% ev vehicle fleet that wont exist for a decade at least, then place that load onto a grid from five years ago. Again, shocked the math doesnt work out. I will point out that smart vehicle managment sees a storm coming, and opens up battery percentage normally reserved for battery health and encourages you to precharge to the max. And I'll also note that 250-300 miles should see you well clear of most events.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
This is pretty cool. It would make long distance driving in an EV a little easier than just pulling over and charging. I'll bet their next generation has sleeping pods. The US might take a lessen...

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
For example, as the experts at powerthefuture.com point out, here are 10 facts about EVs the Left doesn’t want Americans to know:

1. EVs are powered by fossil fuels. According to the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA), fossil fuel-based power plants — coal, oil, or natural gas — create about 60% of the nation’s electrical grid, while nuclear power accounts for nearly 20%.

2. The batteries of EVs rely on cobalt. An estimated 70% of the global supply of cobalt emanates from the Democratic Republic of the Congo, a country with deplorable working conditions, especially for children.

3. A study released earlier this year by an environmental group showed that nearly one-third of San Francisco’s electric charging stations were non-functioning. The population of San Francisco represents roughly two percent of California.

4. Supporters of the California law admit there will be a 40% increase in demand for electricity, adding further strain to the grid and requiring increased costs for power and infrastructure.

5. According to one researcher, the strain of adding an EV is similar to adding “1 or 2 air conditioners” to your home, except an EV requires power year-round.

6. Today, 20 million American families, or one in six, have fallen behind on their electric bills, the highest amount ever.

7. Utility companies will need to add $5,800 in upgrades for every new EV for the next eight years in order to compensate for the demand for power. All customers will shoulder this cost.

8. The average price for an electric vehicle is currently $66,000, up more than 13% in just the last year, costing an average of $18,000 more than the average combustible engine. Meanwhile, the median household income is $67,521. For African American families, the average is $45,870, and for Hispanic households, $55,321.

9. A 2022 study found that the majority of EV charging occurs at home, leaving those who live in multi-family dwellings (apartments) at a real disadvantage for charging.

10. The same study also noted that many drivers charge their EVs overnight when solar power is less available on the grid.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Get ready for FORCED brown-outs and black-outs nationwide in a few years.

How many Billions of $$ do you think the Democrat Masters have invested in Electric generation and EVs to prompt them to force everyone into this corner?