F..Pit Bulls and their owners

mitzi

I also don't buy the excuse that the owners shouldn't let the dogs roam. I've come in contact with MANY a roaming dog, on my property and elsewhere and have never felt threatened, for myself or my dog. Sometimes pets do get loose, mine got loose and wandered sometimes. Nobody feared him. Dogs in my area would get loose and come to my property and hang out with my dog. A dog with a good temperament and not vicious by nature is NOT going to run down animals and people simply to attack them because it got loose out of it's yard.

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
I also don't buy the excuse that the owners shouldn't let the dogs roam. I've come in contact with MANY a roaming dog, on my property and elsewhere and have never felt threatened, for myself or my dog. Sometimes pets do get loose, mine got loose and wandered sometimes. Nobody feared him. Dogs in my area would get loose and come to my property and hang out with my dog. A dog with a good temperament and vicious by nature is NOT going to run down animals and people simply to attack them because it got loose out of it's yard.

They shouldnt. Because they can Sh!t in my yard. I dont wanna step in Dog crap. My dog goes into the woods to do his business then covers it up.

mitzi

They shouldnt. Because they can Sh!t in my yard. I dont wanna step in Dog crap. My dog goes into the woods to do his business then covers it up.

I didn't word that right. No they shouldn't let them roam. The point I was making is that sometimes they can get loose and the nice family dog that gets loose is not going to sneak up and vicously attack another dog or a person. If mine got loose I didn't worry he would maul someone or another dog. The ones that wandered in my yard didn't maul anyone or anything except the damn pit bulls. How good of a family pet can they be if they're mauling when they wander? Do the owners of pits worry that their good family dog will stalk and attack if it accidently gets loose?

Chris0nllyn

I didn't word that right. No they shouldn't let them roam. The point I was making is that sometimes they can get loose and the nice family dog that gets loose is not going to sneak up and vicously attack another dog or a person. If mine got loose I didn't worry he would maul someone or another dog. The ones that wandered in my yard didn't maul anyone or anything except the damn pit bulls. How good of a family pet can they be if they're mauling when they wander? Do the owners of pits worry that their good family dog will stalk and attack if it accidently gets loose?

Not every loose pitbull mauls though.

I'm not even going to bring up the socialization subject.

fredsaid2

My logic is based on the fact that NOT EVERY GOD DAMNED PIT BULL IS A KILLER, OR DANGEROUS!

Of course, this is true, just as for every dog. The other half of the equation is the dog owner. The most aggressive dog can be safely managed and with a responsible owner. It's the irresponsible owner that is the problem. Unfortunately so many of them chose the breed that frequently makes the news.

SoMDGirl42

JFC, let me spell it out for you.

I NEVER asked the OP, or animalluver to get a pitbull, to appraoch a pitbull, to adopt a pitbull, to hug a pitbull, to kiss a pitbull, to walk with a pitbull, to be in the same car as a pitbull, or anything like that.

!

and i know for a FACT, I never asked a pitbull to come into MY yard while MY dog was leashed and attack.

I'd like to take you up on your offer of meeting your dog at a dog park. I have several friends that say their pitbull is a big baby and would never hurt a fly. I choose not to visit their house because of their dog. I would like to invite them to the park as well. While your two loving pitbulls are inside a fenced dog park, I would like to take cover behind the locked gate with something to protect myself.

When is a good time? :coffee:

stockgirl

Stocki
:getdown:

Attachments

• Pitbull-india.jpg
    Pitbull-india.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 96

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
and i know for a FACT, I never asked a pitbull to come into MY yard while MY dog was leashed and attack.

I'd like to take you up on your offer of meeting your dog at a dog park. I have several friends that say their pitbull is a big baby and would never hurt a fly. I choose not to visit their house because of their dog. I would like to invite them to the park as well. While your two loving pitbulls are inside a fenced dog park, I would like to take cover behind the locked gate with something to protect myself.

When is a good time? :coffee:

Do we have a dog park around here?

SoMDGirl42

Chris you also made the stupid remark that you were attacked by two black men, should you hate all black men?

My answer to you is this.

I was molested at a young age. Do I hate all males? No, but I'd kill all child molesters if I could.

I had a family member die from a drunk driver. Do I hate all people that drink? No but I'd start the IV and administer the drugs to kill the drunk drivers that take other innocent lives.

So if you want to be more specific, if I were attacked my two black men, I wouldn't hate all black men, but I'd be more than happy to flip the switch on the ones that have hurt others, killed others, maimed others.