afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
catz!

Attachments

• vL7KGPnFbkS_vNGVeWCdJw2.jpg
    vL7KGPnFbkS_vNGVeWCdJw2.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 94

mitzi

My 120 pound lab/sheppard was attacked by a pitbull twice! The first time, it was obvious she was hurt badly. The second time, I didn't think her injuries were very serious, there were a few bite marks. Turns out, both times were life threatening injuries. Shall I post the nasty pictures again for you to see.

I don't like pitbulls and NOTHING anyone will say will change my mind, especially after witnessing yet anohter pitbull attack my neighbors little dog, kill a kitten and chase people into their houses. Thankfully that one got run over and died. The pit that attacked my dog twice was finally PTS by animal control. The owner was fined thousands, but it took me 5 years to collect portions of the thousands I had to pay the vet.

*Uc* Pitbulls

I don't like the group bad dogs as a whole, but I'm with you on this. My 120 lb. shepherd/husky mix was mauled by two pits about 10 years ago. My neighbors and I were close (house wise and friends). Their dog and mine were buds. They both were sleeping on my deck around midnight when I heard all this ruckus (it wasn't their usual barking at something in the woods). I ran to the backdoor and there's my dog being attacked by 2 pits (they were pits, I wasn't mixed up on what they were). One had him on the rear and the other had him by the neck. The neighbors wasn't attacked (he was about the size of the pits). I felt so helpless not knowing what to do to save my dog, but I had to do something. I don't have a gun. I ran and got an axe. I wasn't going out close to them out of fear for myself plus it was dark. I could only see what was going on by the flood light (they were in the yard by this time) so I just started screaming my dog's name, I knew he'd try to come to me if he got free. Thank God, they didn't pull him down, somehow he broke free and ran to the door. He got to the door with them on his tail, somehow I got a hold of his collar with hand had the axe ready in my other to hit that bas*ard dog anywhere if I could. One was at the bottom of the steps and the other was circling and lurking around my car. It took all my strength to pull mine inside the door while screaming at the pits to go. For whatever reason they took off. I don't know where they came from, I never saw them before and never saw them again. My dog's neck, side and rear were torn and deep puncture wounds. After the struggle to the vet the next morning he laid around for days in my son's room and wouldn't go outside unless I was with him. It took him 2 weeks before he would venture outside again. They could have killed him had they got him down on the ground. I was lucky.
No, after that horrible experience I hate pits.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
How many wanna-be thugs own labs?

How many other "breeds" make up multiple ACTUAL breeds?

But they can be trained to. Any Animal if abused or trained can attack. We had a Rooster that was trained to be a Fighter and we found it on the side of the road in a box and we took it in but it tried to attack us more then once. Then one day someone left the rooster out and well the dog got ahold of him that was the end of fred.
Y'all posts show you're out of ammo. Time to admit defeat. So now you're saying ALL pitts that attacked were abused or trained to do so. I call total :bs:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
So when someone gets shot who do you blame? The gun (dog) or the Shooter (owner) "Guns dont kill people...Husbands who come home early do"
This is one of the worst analogies I have ever seen on here.... :killingme

I would say nice try............ but it wasn't. :huggy:

Chris0nllyn

no where did i say that, but it doesn't change the fact that pits are like that.

Don't ask me to show you where you said something, if I was ASKING YOU IF YOU SAID IT.

You said pit, implying that only pits do that. If you didn't want to imply that, maybe you should have said "dog".

mamatutu

mama to two
you dont get that your dog can pull its own trigger, so its not like a gun. You can leave a gun alone all day and unless a person picks it up it wont go off. a pit on the other hand can go off whenever it chooses

The picture I see of this incident is that the attacking pit was its owner's gun that was left/let out. There is no way that the owner did not know that this dog was capable of vicious behavior. I feel this dog that attacked Bruno is doomed to die, and I will blame the owner all day long for that. Again, I am restating and agreeing with others on here that other breeds of dogs are capable of attacking, also. It is up to owners to train/control their dogs, and also, to see that something like this never happens, if at all possible.

thatguy

Don't ask me to show you where you said something, if I was ASKING YOU IF YOU SAID IT.

You said pit, implying that only pits do that. If you didn't want to imply that, maybe you should have said "dog".

i wasn't asking, i was saying i didn't say that.

I said pits becasue that is what we are talking about. You know, like the ones that attacked bruno :whistle:

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
How about we all agree to disagree. Im not on here trying to change peoples minds. They can think what they want i was just trying to have a discussion.

Chris0nllyn

How about we all agree to disagree. Im not on here trying to change peoples minds. They can think what they want i was just trying to have a discussion.

"Trying" being the key word.

Everyone here has their mind made up. Any muscular dog is a pitbull. Any pitbull is bred to kill, and will if you even look at them wrong.

Plus, everything you see on the news is 100% correct, and they'd never do anything to gain ratings.

I just want to say that everyone should either talk to your vet, or a rescue. There are good pits out there, and you shouldn't base your opinion of an entire breed based on one bad experience. If that was the case, I'd hate every last Chihuahua on earth.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
"Trying" being the key word.

Everyone here has their mind made up. Any muscular dog is a pitbull. Any pitbull is bred to kill, and will if you even look at them wrong.

Plus, everything you see on the news is 100% correct, and they'd never do anything to gain ratings.

I just want to say that everyone should either talk to your vet, or a rescue. There are good pits out there, and you shouldn't base your opinion of an entire breed based on one bad experience. If that was the case, I'd hate every last Chihuahua on earth.

How many bad experiences is OK to base your opinion.
I now have three, is that OK or do I need more to be able to really hate Pitbulls?