Fall/Winter Dinners

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Think I'm going to make this as I picked up local butternut squash and apples from Trossbach's last weekend:

Oh my goodness! This came out so good. Happy tummy now. 😋

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Think I'm going to make this as I picked up local butternut squash and apples from Trossbach's last weekend:

My recipe for butternut squash is Paula Deen's. 😋

I got on a soup kick this weekend to have soup for my work lunches. I didn't get pics of the butternut squash soup before putting it in the fridge, but I made beef vegetable and chicken vegetable with Ditalini pasta. Both came out great! :yay:

Last edited:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
My recipe for butternut squash is Paula Deen's. 😋

:yay: Very similar, but the one I tried has a bit more other stuff - potatoes, leeks, apple, and nutmeg - and less butternut squash. I must say I really loved the nutmeg in mine.

I got on a soup kick this weekend to have soup for my work lunches. I didn't get pics of the butternut squash soup before putting it in the fridge, but I made beef vegetable and chicken vegetable with Ditalini pasta. Both came out great! :yay:

I love soup and tend to make a bunch, then freeze for later. I am going to make the chicken noodle tomorrow night as I am tired and need to get to bed. :lol:

Bann

PREMO Member
:yay: Very similar, but the one I tried has a bit more other stuff - potatoes, leeks, apple, and nutmeg - and less butternut squash. I must say I really loved the nutmeg in mine.

I love soup and tend to make a bunch, then freeze for later. I am going to make the chicken noodle tomorrow night as I am tired and need to get to bed. :lol:
I think I'll add nutmeg in mine when I heat it up and make it that way next time! :yay:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Decided to make something different with some of the stuffed ham I picked up from Chief's: stuffed ham quiche. Used a basic recipe (4 eggs, 1/2 cup cream, 1/2 cup milk), whisked it together, then added about a cup of chopped stuff ham. Prepped a frozen pie shell by prebaking for 10 minutes in a 400 degree oven. Reduced heat to 350, poured in the mixture, and baked for 40 minutes. So yummy!

Lump

This weekend, large Dutch Oven full of braised Lamb Shanks with Garlic/Pepper and Red Wine. Roasted Carrots/Parsnips/Onions and Mashed Potatoes.

Bann

PREMO Member
So what are we having for dinner? Freaking hamburgers. Again. I made Brunswick stew, beef stew, chicken noodle soup, and chili. Of course we're having hamburgers.
Is that because your son likes hamburgers the best?

Bann

PREMO Member
God I'm a crappy mother - I haven't even started them yet. Thanks for the conversation everyone. Youse guys are fun!
You could undercook some of those burgers when you cook those and then freeze them. Then when son wants burgers, you can just thaw them and re-heat a little. :yay:

Lump

Got one for you Lump. Brunswick Stew - the Williamsburg VA version not the Brunswick GA version. It's been on the back burner all day and smells so good.

Meant to put the link in but I can't get a clean version of it. https://wydaily.com/story/2016/12/26/recipe-chownings-tavern-brunswick-stew/

You have to add butter though and they don't mention that. That's what I remember about it anyway. And no squirrel. Don't let anyone tell you it needs squirrel.
Love Brunswick Stew. We used to get it by the quart in NC while visiting family. Big church fundraiser for them. I should try to make myself, but I'm with you, NO SQUIRREL!!!!!!

Lump

What's the NC version? There's one with creamed corn or mashed potatoes or something that's a lot thicker than my version. I make the version from Chownings Tavern in Williamsburg, VA. Totally different versions - same good taste and better the next day. Seems to need to rest overnight for max flavor.
I don't know how it was made just know it was good. It was thick.....