Famous People from SOMD

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Originally posted by darkriver4362
That singer Christina Millian is from somewhere in Charles County, out toward Ironsides I think.
Yep, she's from Charles County and her single is money! :cool:

TWL

Kernel panic: Aiee.......
Originally posted by Kain99
It was Chopticon and the funniest joke ever pulled off on a student body. The real Chuck Taylor was white.... and died in the 60's.:wink:
I don't know if he was ever at Chopticon, but I know he was VP at Great Mills when I was there between '90 and '92.

Elle

Happy Camper!
Mike Tyson lives in PG. He used to practice at the Laurel Boys and Girls Club 25 years ago when my hubby boxed there.

Re: Can't believe...

Originally posted by Toxick
Nobody's mentioned Clancy.

Tom Clancy lives in PF.

And Toni Braxton used to live here. I don't know, but I heard her dad still works at Calvert Cliffs.

Toni Braxton's father is a minister.

Re: Can't believe...

Originally posted by Toxick
Nobody's mentioned Clancy.

Tom Clancy lives in PF.

And Toni Braxton used to live here. I don't know, but I heard her dad still works at Calvert Cliffs.

Toni Braxton's father is a minister.

nomoney

Originally posted by Nickel
Somebody might've already corrected this, but they're acually from Waldorf :biggrin:

ya; thanks.:rolleyes:

hey toxick....how about you and me just start our own stupid people thread:confused:

Re: Re: Can't believe...

Toni Braxton's father is a minister. [/QUOTE]

Yes, Michael Braxton is a minister but his day job is working at Calvert Cliffs. I worked there when he was transferred down to CCNPP from one of the Baltimore offices. So I don't think he lives locally.

Last edited:
Originally posted by RoseRed
Doesn't Doug Hill (the weather guy) have a place down by Piney Point lighthouse?

I think he lives north of Prince Frederick (huntingtown maybe?). I've run into him shopping at the Prince Fred. Giant and my husband saw him at the Prince. fred. DMV office a while back.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by yardsalequeen
I think he lives north of Prince Frederick (huntingtown maybe?). I've run into him shopping at the Prince Fred. Giant and my husband saw him at the Prince. fred. DMV office a while back.

Doug Hill has a summer cottage down by the lighthouse in Piney Point. I have friends down there and we've chatted with him on occasion while he was out walking with his kids.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Originally posted by jazz lady
Doug Hill has a summer cottage down by the lighthouse in Piney Point. I have friends down there and we've chatted with him on occasion while he was out walking with his kids.
Wow, that is really neat.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Originally posted by yardsalequeen

He lives in Huntingtown. When I was going to the evening WW meetings at the church on Cox Road, he was attending the morning meetings. He still has his "vacation" place in St. Mary's.

oldredneck

Here's a few more...

A couple guys in the punk band H20 grew up in the Great Mills area - I also think I read a few years ago that the actress Helen Hayes used to spend summers in Piney Point (or was it Point Lookout?). Finally guitar god Link Wray lived in Accokeek and Waldorf at various times too.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by oldredneck
Finally guitar god Link Wray lived in Accokeek and Waldorf at various times too.
:notworthy

<EMBED SRC="http://www.armageddontopfuel.com/mp3/rumble.mp3" width="200" height="100" AUTOSTART="FALSE" ALIGN="center"></EMBED>