Famous People from SOMD

Originally posted by LPMEDIC
Bill Clinton's former secretay and Socks the cat live in Hollywood.. at least i think that is correct. :confused:
Yup. You are correct.

David "Baywatch" Hasselhoff has a place in Calvert (or St. Mary's).

J

justhangn

Originally posted by LPMEDIC
Bill Clinton's former secretay and Socks the cat live in Hollywood.. at least i think that is correct. :confused:

They actually made a visit to my son's school. :ohwell:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Most of us know about Danny Gatton, who lived in Newburg in Charles County.

If Washingtonienne posts on this board, maybe we should taunt her into revealing her identity by calling her "skank" and "ho-bag."

J

justhangn

Originally posted by Tonio
If Washingtonienne posts on this board, maybe we should taunt her into revealing her identity by calling her "skank" and "ho-bag."

That wouldn't work, it applies too broadly. :shrug:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Originally posted by justhangn
That wouldn't work, it applies too broadly. :shrug:

:lol:

Well, consider this--politicians are the world's biggest whores, so if you whore yourself to politicians, doesn't that make you the lowest form of life on the planet?

donbarzini

Steve Farr from LaPlata. Pitched for multiple teams in MLB. But made his name as closer for the KC Royals.

J

justhangn

Originally posted by Tonio
:lol:

Well, consider this--politicians are the world's biggest whores, so if you whore yourself to politicians, doesn't that make you the lowest form of life on the planet?

Too true........I would venture to say you'd have to call them Ameoba waste.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Originally posted by donbarzini
Steve Farr from LaPlata. Pitched for multiple teams in MLB. But made his name as closer for the KC Royals.

He grew up in Seabrook/Lanham, his family didn't move to LaPlata until after he signed with Pittsburgh out of high school.

pilot

What about famous kitties? Did anyone see the article in the Enterprise a few weeks ago about Socks, the former first kitty? Apparently, Clinton's secretary retired here with the cat. It had something to do with Chelsea going off to college and not being able to take care of it anymore, and they thought the cat would be happiest here. Seems like it has quite an appetite for St. Mary's County seafood!

mainman

Set Trippin
I think I remember hearing years ago that either Donna Dixon (Actress) or Lisa Hartman were from Calvert...

Although I might have been slopped up at the time...:cheers:

J

justhangn

Re: Re: Famous People from SOMD

Originally posted by cariblue
Dee Jay. She was famous before she became a forum loser.

I read several of her articles. :yay:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Tom Clancy lived in Calvert, but I'm not sure where he grew up. I think his ex-wife still lives there. He was my insurance agent before he struck it big as a writer.

Last edited:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Originally posted by Tequilla Sunset
How about the guy that invented Chuck's (the shoes)
wasn't he, or isn't he still the Vice Principal at Great Mills High School?

No, the name is just a coincidence.

Toxick

Splat
Can't believe...

Nobody's mentioned Clancy.

Tom Clancy lives in PF.

And Toni Braxton used to live here. I don't know, but I heard her dad still works at Calvert Cliffs.