Feminists Reality On Dating

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
I find that people (and this applies to both men AND women) who are really jaded & bitter, and superficially judgmental (about looks, for instance) in their views of the opposite sex have not dealt with their OWN issues.

They're really easy to spot once you know what to look for. :yay:

Last edited:
Reactions: rio

phreddyp

I find that people (and this applies to both men AND women) who are really jaded & bitter, and superficially judgmental (about looks, for instance) in their views of the opposite sex have not dealth their OWN issues.

They're really easy to spot once you know what to look for. :yay:
So basically what you are saying is almost all young men are superficially judgmental, I totally agree, and many still are later on.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think a lot of women (and men) aim too high. The person who's their peer in terms of looks, intelligence, lifestyle - basically their opposite sex counterpart - that person isn't good enough for them. They want someone several stations above them and that only happens in movies. Some ghetto tramp with inch long fake eyelashes and 6 bebe daddies, yeah Idris Elba doesn't want you. Big Drunk Wanda in the trailer park on welfare, Ryan Gosling doesn't want you.

And all you upper middle aged dumpy men, those hot chicks you slobber over don't want you.

So if you're all like, "I'm not settling for anyone less than perfection!" - yeah, you're going to be single for awhile.

🤷‍♀️

Bann

I didn't say you wrote that, but that is what I got out of what you wrote. And I totally agree with it.
I have no idea about younger men and their dating interests, in general. That's because anyone between ages 25 and 40 could be my son, and that's just gross, not to mention disturbing at my age. I rule a lot of guys out bases on their age. 9 -10 years younger is my maximum age difference.

I have a ton of younger men as friends, I just won't date them. :yay:

phreddyp

I have no idea about younger men and their dating interests, in general. That's because anyone between ages 25 and 40 could be my son, and that's just gross, not to mention disturbing at my age. I rule a lot of guys out bases on their age. 9 -10 years younger is my maximum age difference.

I have a ton of younger men as friends, I just won't date them. :yay:
You are missing out!

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Dating was so much easier when I was 18. If a girl didn't want to be your girlfriend, she didn't want to be your friend either. There were groups of guys and gals, and that was ok, everyone got alone and enjoyed the good times, but no one-on-one guy/girl friends. It was all-in until the breakup, then all-out. Girls did the same, I can only think of one time I got friend-zoned, and I was too naive to bail.

Haven't dated in a very long time, and I'm thrilled about it. Never been happier.

Reactions: BOP

Bann

You are missing out!

No, actually, THEY are!

I'm not interested the least bit in dating a boy or a guy not my peer. I started babysitting when I was about 11-12 yrs old, so if they fall in that age range difference (more!) I have no interest. 🤷

phreddyp

No, actually, THEY are!

I'm not interested the least bit in dating a boy or a guy not my peer. I started babysitting when I was about 11-12 yrs old, so if they fall in that age range difference (more!) I have no interest. 🤷
NO! You don't do it, therefore you are the one missing out of the joy and the pain.

Bann

Dating was so much easier when I was 18. If a girl didn't want to be your girlfriend, she didn't want to be your friend either. There were groups of guys and gals, and that was ok, everyone got alone and enjoyed the good times, but no one-on-one guy/girl friends. It was all-in until the breakup, then all-out. Girls did the same, I can only think of one time I got friend-zoned, and I was too naive to bail.

Haven't dated in a very long time, and I'm thrilled about it. Never been happier.
Dating is one thing. Socializing is another.

I socialize way more than I date. I like socializing and dating, but not everyone I meet is at the same stage, so they might be just a friend.