Geraldo Canceled By the Five

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
My issue with nukes is the waste byproducts and storage.

France recycles 96% of their waste, AFAIK the US recycles NONE, thanks to Jimmy Carter

5. SPENT FUEL CAN BE RECYCLED​

That’s right!

Spent nuclear fuel can be recycled to make new fuel and byproducts.

More than 90% of its potential energy still remains in the fuel, even after five years of operation in a reactor.

The United States does not currently recycle spent nuclear fuel but foreign countries, such as France, do.

There are also some advanced reactor designs in development  that could consume or run on spent nuclear fuel in the future.

Learn more about our work with spent nuclear fuel.

glhs837

Power with Control
My issue with nukes is the waste byproducts and storage. If the waste could be put on a rocket and sent to the sun for disposal, I'd be happy with a nuke.

But that will never happen. "What happens if the rocket explodes?" "Adding nuke waste to the sun will cause an increase in solar flares!"

Given what the engineer those casks to take, I think the only missing piece is a rocket of sufficient power to take enough to matter. Hmmmm, where can I find a rocket to lift 100 tons? HMMM? These cask should come out of a rocket explosion just fine. Then your only problem is finding them. Not insoluble.

Even at 50 tons a shot, figuring 50 tons for the cask, thats a good amount. Especially if you use a lot of it by recycling.

SamSpade

France recycles 96% of their waste, AFAIK the US recycles NONE, thanks to Jimmy Carter

5. SPENT FUEL CAN BE RECYCLED​

That’s right!

Spent nuclear fuel can be recycled to make new fuel and byproducts.

More than 90% of its potential energy still remains in the fuel, even after five years of operation in a reactor.

The United States does not currently recycle spent nuclear fuel but foreign countries, such as France, do.

There are also some advanced reactor designs in development  that could consume or run on spent nuclear fuel in the future.

Learn more about our work with spent nuclear fuel.
I remember reading some years back about thorium reactors and molten salt reactors - and that we've had the technology since before I was born - BUT

You can't use the waste for nuclear weapons. So the governments said screw that.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Jessica better watch out. I've noticed how when she gets going Greg starts to shut down. He usually makes a final comment but without any humor or laughter.
He's gone after her a few times lately. Eclipsing Jesse.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Geraldo was in rare form that day taking the Obnoxious Meter to the peg.
The EV Bentley day? Yes he was and Greg clobbered him so much so that I don't think Geraldo was even aware of how much he was savaged. I had to go back and watch it again later. Thank goodness for DVR!

3CATSAILOR

Geraldo obviously hasn’t looked at Joe Biden’s past or what’s on the Hunter Biden laptop. He hasn’t bothered to investigate, which is part of the problem. That’s just remarkably silly for anyone who pretends to be a news person. It means he can’t be bothered to know the first thing about the facts or Biden, apart that he’s the likely Democratic nominee; therefore he, Geraldo, should find excuses for him, and he certainly does that.

But is any of that a factor here? Some are suggesting that Geraldo, who is often wrong, is wrong here again. Other speculation suggested Gutfeld might have been involved in it.

We’ll have to see what happens. I think it’s fair to say that no one would miss Geraldo if he was booted, unlike Tucker Carlson.

I know Greg was pissed after Geraldo brought up his EV Bentley, calling him out for his myopic view on automobiles going green ... part of the discussion revolved around the cost of Tesla's and Geraldo brings up his EV Bentley

Geraldo and Gutfeld Brawl Over Biden EV Policy: ‘Stop Pointing at Me!’

The Environmental Protection Agency announced the plan on Wednesday. While the agency can’t require automakers to manufacture electric vehicles, it can impose emissions restrictions on the vehicles they sell.

“I was gonna buy an EV Bentley,” Rivera said on Wednesday’s episode of The Five. “They offered me a $7,500 rebate. I said, I don’t need the $7,500.”

“Thank God you connect with our audience,” Gutfeld said, hinting at what was to come later in the segment.

“But you see what is happening in terms of the private sector,” Rivera continued. “It is changing at a pace more rapid than we ever anticipated. Here’s one thing. Electric powered vehicles have 60% efficiency in terms of the conversion of energy to the wheels turning. Gas-powered is 17% to 21%. Electric vehicles are three times more energy efficient in terms of making your car go than gas-powered.”

He added the transition toward all-electric vehicles is “happening regardless” of government policy.

“Well, apparently the message ain’t getting out because Americans don’t want to buy ’em,” Jeanine Pirro shot back.

Dana Perino noted that making EVs requires copious amounts of lithium, much of which is mined in countries that allow child labor, such the Democratic Republic of the Congo.

I didn't realize people still give him the tme of day.

SamSpade

Jessica better watch out. I've noticed how when she gets going Greg starts to shut down. He usually makes a final comment but without any humor or laughter.
They’re old friends. She even used to appear on Redeye years ago.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I still hate it when they jump on Jessica. I say let her spew her nonsense and rebut if you have the opportunity. She does seem to be growing more of a spine though.

SamSpade

I still hate it when they jump on Jessica. I say let her spew her nonsense and rebut if you have the opportunity. She does seem to be growing more of a spine though.
I used to have a quote in my sig that said something like every once in a while there’s someone on your side (politically) that you really wish was on the other side. Jessica IS quick to dismiss utter nitwits and weird ideas that pop up on the left.

And she often gives as much as she gets, although like any liberal - she also does a lot of spin.

I just can only take so much of her VOICE.

LJ1999

I agree. I don't like the way they interrupt her and yes she does seem to be a bit more forceful