Ghosts...

H

HouseCat

I moved to a house last July in which I hear footsteps in the attic at least once a week. It is usually in the daytime, but sometimes I hear it at night. No one else hears it but me, so I'm probably crazy. Personally, I think my husband is in denial, because we'll be sitting in bed, and there it is...plain as day. Not creaks, like he thinks, or the house settling..but someone slowly walking, a man, with dress shoes or heavy boots. It's definitely footsteps.

It makes me angry sometimes, because with my hearing, there is just no way they can't hear it, or say its the house creaking. I don't understand that.
It only happens in the bed-room end of the house too....(which I won't go into if I'm in the attic. I get a feeling of dread when I get too close to that end.)

Also, we both hear very odd sounds in our bedroom...like faint pops, or someone tapping on the wall. I thought it was the A/C moving the pictures, or oriental fan on my wall.. but everytime I get up to investigate the sound...it stops. My husband can confirm this. He says its the TV remote though. But I still hear it.

The house does have a history too. I get different stories from the realtor and neighbors. I don't know who to believe, and Google has rendered nothing about news reports of the previous owners. I would be interested in how to find out reports like that for Calvert Co. if anybody knows.

I thought this info was supposed to be made known to folks before they moved into a house? While it doesn't really bother me, I'd just like to know the truth.

tiltedangel

I thought the same thing; however, I did notice the disproportion of the soldier as compared to the tree. It doesn't appear to be a person of normal size. :shrug:

the trees are quite a distance away from where i was standing... maybe that is why the pic appears that way....but then again the bottom of his legs are not there so maybe that is why....:shrug: :howdy:

SoMDMama82

I love reading all your stories, keep them coming. I would love to have an experience but I'm to much of a scaredy cat :faint:

A friend of mine's Aunt owns a house on the water near Cobb Island. She has experience some weird things there. The house is an old house, not sure how old. They found a old picture of the first owners in the attic which they have it displayed in their living room.

People in the area told her her house was once a brothel back in the day for boats (navy I believe) that would stop in that area.

Anyway, one time she told me she was sleeping, and she woke up to something punching her in the stomach, but there was nothing there.

Her family brought a Ougi (sp?) board there, and said they got in contact with a couple different spirits. One spirit said her son had died of measels (or something like that) but she said she had never lived in the house. I can't remeber the rest of their stories, but I know there were more.

Every time I go there, it's a little bit creepy going down the hallway to the bathroom. Don't know if it's just because it's an old house, or what.

BuddyLee

Football addict
I thought the same thing; however, I did notice the disproportion of the soldier as compared to the tree. It doesn't appear to be a person of normal size. :shrug:
To me, it appears that the photographer is taking the picture from a higher elevation. Add the distance and there you get the distortion.

tiltedangel, could you provide some more detail as to where exactly you took this photo? Outside the fort, I presume.

rayk23

Tomorrow night is the big night. I am heading back to the place I mentioned before hoping to see or hear something. I will let everyone know how it goes.

rayk23

A friend of mine's Aunt owns a house on the water near Cobb Island. She has experience some weird things there. The house is an old house, not sure how old. They found a old picture of the first owners in the attic which they have it displayed in their living room.

People in the area told her her house was once a brothel back in the day for boats (navy I believe) that would stop in that area.

Anyway, one time she told me she was sleeping, and she woke up to something punching her in the stomach, but there was nothing there.

Her family brought a Ougi (sp?) board there, and said they got in contact with a couple different spirits. One spirit said her son had died of measels (or something like that) but she said she had never lived in the house. I can't remeber the rest of their stories, but I know there were more.

Every time I go there, it's a little bit creepy going down the hallway to the bathroom. Don't know if it's just because it's an old house, or what.

Anyway you might be able to get us in there to investigate for a night?

tiltedangel

To me, it appears that the photographer is taking the picture from a higher elevation. Add the distance and there you get the distortion.

tiltedangel, could you provide some more detail as to where exactly you took this photo? Outside the fort, I presume.

yes on the way in to the fort....there is a road that we walk in on and i took a random pic while we were going through....if a distortion can cause a person to show up that is pretty good...the pic was taken from the road way and it was super dark so i believe there could have been a small downward slope that i did not realize......as i said it was about 2am....i could not tell you exactly where it was i forgot to turn on my gps while there to give you exact longitude and latitude....net time i will add that to my hunting equipment.....:whistle:

BuddyLee

Football addict
yes on the way in to the fort....there is a road that we walk in on and i took a random pic while we were going through....if a distortion can cause a person to show up that is pretty good...the pic was taken from the road way and it was super dark so i believe there could have been a small downward slope that i did not realize......as i said it was about 2am....i could not tell you exactly where it was i forgot to turn on my gps while there to give you exact longitude and latitude....net time i will add that to my hunting equipment.....:whistle:
I know where you're talking about. If it was directed at the fort then it could have very well been a re-enactor. There is a moat all around the fort, which is somewhat of a steep slope depending on which side you're on.

frozenrain

I was at Elms Park today and was on the beach.Been there for hour or so and out of the corner of my left eye I thought I saw a man walk past me . Time span 1.5 secs. It was as if he was walking towards the sea .No one was there when I turned fully to look. I am not saying it was a ghost but it was a wierd experience. I was like o.k -were my eyes playing tricks? The man I sensed was in his 20's and wore jeans. Wierd hey? I did not feel scared in anyway think it happened to quick! Anyone explain?- Nice day there. Lots of jellyfish there:twitch: My son was fascinated so we went to library and got a book about jellyfish afterwards.oops going off-topic!
Oh yes it was as if the man had a determined purpose getting to the water-maybe i should have just said he was walking fast in that 1.5 sec or less span in which I saw"him'

frozenrain

I was at Elms Park today and was on the beach.Been there for hour or so and out of the corner of my left eye I thought I saw a man walk past me . Time span 1.5 secs. It was as if he was walking towards the sea .No one was there when I turned fully to look. I am not saying it was a ghost but it was a wierd experience. I was like o.k -were my eyes playing tricks? The man I sensed was in his 20's and wore jeans. Wierd hey? I did not feel scared in anyway think it happened to quick! Anyone explain?- Nice day there. Lots of jellyfish there:twitch: My son was fascinated so we went to library and got a book about jellyfish afterwards.oops going off-topic!
Oh yes it was as if the man had a determined purpose getting to the water-maybe i should have just said he was walking fast in that 1.5 sec or less span in which I saw"him'

Actually the more I think about it I am like wow. A clear image of a man walking/striding past me . How does one know if it was a ghost or some mind trick.I mentioned on the other thread that my only experience with ghosts was my dog and I looking up at a bedroom wall in fear at the same time and my dog fleeing down the stairs. That was when I was a kid.I did not see anything then just had a bad feeling.
Goodness did I just see my first ghost?

kgalloway

has everyone said all of their stories already? no one want an investigation or know where else to investigate?