Greg Best Clinic June 17th and 18th in VA

K

KizerSoSay

BZHorseMomE said:
Boy did my original post get way off track. :jameo: :jameo: :jameo:

Oh, well it has been very entertaining. :lmao: :lmao:
Thanks to me adding my special blend of spice! This was soo boring before I came. The things people have told me in private messages about others on here would straighten your short and curlies :blushing:

S

saddlesore

KizerSoSay said:
Thanks to me adding my special blend of spice! This was soo boring before I came. The things people have told me in private messages about others on here would straighten your short and curlies :blushing:

Could you possibly elaborate on that? :popcorn:

Labs4Me

saddlesore said:
I don't think 4 is too late to start a jumper . . . .
No I don't either. My 4 year old was attacked by a dog when she was a long yearling and it took awhile for the injuries to heal (mentally and physically) so that pushed her training back. Then I dislocated my shoulder twice so that didn't help much either. I started her late in her 2 year old year but she was growing so much (she was already 16.3 as a 3 year old) and I just don't like to do too much with them when they're 2 or 3. She's coming along nicely though now!

Labs4Me

BZHorseMomE said:
Greg Best has clinic dates in Baltimore @ Garrison Forest School for June 07' and August 07'. Apparently he comes to Baltimore, MD at least once or twice a year. I'm also almost positive George Morris will be coming to Westminster, MD for a clinic in the Fall. Would also like to catch Frank Madden's clinic if he comes to the area. Man I could just go on and on.
I'd love to take a clinic with Frank Madden!

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
saddlesore said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadielady
I am not running, I am just trying to refrain from comment, which as everyone knows is difficult for me.

How do you know - are you with her right now? Are you a couple, or do you just ride together, or do you work together? I'm just wondering, since it's 10:30 at night, and as Kiz pointed out, you do seem to defend Sadie and admire her, which is nice :huggy:
She stalks me..... She even knows where I live. She is fascinated by my beauty. She just can't help but defend me.
I am not doing a great job of refraining from comment am I? I will just try not to mean and too childish. :killingme

S

saddlesore

Labs4Me said:
No I don't either. My 4 year old was attacked by a dog when she was a long yearling and it took awhile for the injuries to heal (mentally and physically) so that pushed her training back. Then I dislocated my shoulder twice so that didn't help much either. I started her late in her 2 year old year but she was growing so much (she was already 16.3 as a 3 year old) and I just don't like to do too much with them when they're 2 or 3. She's coming along nicely though now!

What a horrible thing to have happened! I hope everything is all right now.
How many hands is your horse now? What is she: TB? WBx?

lsantagata79

Sadielady said:
She stalks me..... She even knows where I live. She is fascinated by my beauty. She just can't help but defend me.
I am not doing a great job of refraining from comment am I? I will just try not to mean and too childish. :killingme

Dammit...you caught me peering in your window last night didn't you?

lsantagata79

saddlesore said:
As Sadie said, there are combined hunter & jumper organizations, so you'll often see it as H/J. But they are very different disciplines:
"Hunters" is derived from foxhunting. So you're looking for a nice, easy canter w/ a good rhythm. A quiet, 'mannerly' horse is important: judges look for a horse that is pleasant to ride. Jumps are spaced at fairly even intervals.

"Jumpers" go more at a hand gallop, and have some jumps spaced close together (combinations), oxers, and walls. The horse needs to be able to change speed quickly and make sharp turns, and constantly adjust its stride. So the judge looks for boldness, power and speed. The courses are more complex and technical.

Did I put you to sleep? :snooze:

(gasp)...are you agreeing with SaidyLady!!! are you peering in her window late at night too? & here i thought i was the only one! :sarcasm:

lsantagata79

How do you know - are you with her right now? Are you a couple, or do you just ride together, or do you work together? I'm just wondering, since it's 10:30 at night, and as Kiz pointed out, you do seem to defend Sadie and admire her, which is nice :huggy:[/QUOTE]

"Are you a couple, or do you just ride together, or do you work together?"

Which one do you want it to be? :biggrin:

S

saddlesore

lsantagata79 said:
(gasp)...are you agreeing with SaidyLady!!! are you peering in her window late at night too? & here i thought i was the only one! :sarcasm:

Technically, you are being facetious rather than sarcastic, but I digress :coffee:

Yes, in fact I am agreeing with Sadie. Got a problem with that? :boxing:

Whilst not a peeping tom as you are, I do in fact like her. Why wouldn't I?
There is no one on this list I don't like. Frankly I don't know any of them well enough to not like them; not, at least, yet :razz:

S

saddlesore

lsantagata79 said:
How do you know - are you with her right now? Are you a couple, or do you just ride together, or do you work together? I'm just wondering, since it's 10:30 at night, and as Kiz pointed out, you do seem to defend Sadie and admire her, which is nice :huggy:

Which one do you want it to be? :biggrin:[/QUOTE]

I've no preference, and in fact it's none of my business. I'm just trying, as a relative newby here, to make sense of who the listerines are, what relationships they have, etc. :ohwell:

K

KizerSoSay

saddlesore said:

Which one do you want it to be? :biggrin:

I've no preference, and in fact it's none of my business. I'm just trying, as a relative newby here, to make sense of who the listerines are, what relationships they have, etc. :ohwell:[/QUOTE]
Where is the fun in that? That will also be an endlessly disappointing endeavor since most of the people on here are NOT who they say they are :jameo:

lsantagata79

saddlesore said:
Technically, you are being facetious rather than sarcastic, but I digress :coffee:

Yes, in fact I am agreeing with Sadie. Got a problem with that? :boxing:

Whilst not a peeping tom as you are, I do in fact like her. Why wouldn't I?
There is no one on this list I don't like. Frankly I don't know any of them well enough to not like them; not, at least, yet :razz:

Yes you are correct...but I couldn't find an emoticon for facetious...so sarcasm it was...

S

saddlesore

KizerSoSay said:
I've no preference, and in fact it's none of my business. I'm just trying, as a relative newby here, to make sense of who the listerines are, what relationships they have, etc. :ohwell:
Where is the fun in that? That will also be an endlessly disappointing endeavor since most of the people on here are NOT who they say they are :jameo:[/QUOTE]

Then you must learn me

Labs4Me

saddlesore said:
What a horrible thing to have happened! I hope everything is all right now.
Yeah she had a really tough yearling year!! She's doing very well now although she HATES dogs! She's alright with my Lab but not my Golden or any other dog that comes near her. She sustained the most damage on her left hind hock. The scars definitely kept her out of conformation classes! Once in awhile she'll get pretty stiff but honestly I'm lucky she made it at all since some horses aren't that lucky when they're attacked that young.

saddlesore said:
How many hands is your horse now? What is she: TB? WBx?
Actually I haven't put a stick to her for awhile now so I'm not sure. She had a huge growth spurt in her height between 2 and 3 but then she really just filled out and didn't get much taller. Her mother is registered Paint and Pinto and is from QH stock. She's 14.2. Her father is registered and branded Hanoverian but he's out of a TB mare. He's 16.3. He's pretty refined though. My 4 year old definitely has a more solid build than both her parents. I was pretty shocked that she turned out that big!!

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
Winn Dixie said:
AND, I MUST SAY, FAILING MISERABLY THUS FAR! :smack:
I said I would try, I never said I was perfect. Sometimes my mouth opens and says stuff before I have time to think about it. :razz:

S

saddlesore

Labs4Me said:
Actually I haven't put a stick to her for awhile now so I'm not sure. She had a huge growth spurt in her height between 2 and 3 but then she really just filled out and didn't get much taller. Her mother is registered Paint and Pinto and is from QH stock. She's 14.2. Her father is registered and branded Hanoverian but he's out of a TB mare. He's 16.3. He's pretty refined though. My 4 year old definitely has a more solid build than both her parents. I was pretty shocked that she turned out that big!!

She sounds awesome. You'll have lots of fun with her!

Labs4Me

saddlesore said:
She sounds awesome. You'll have lots of fun with her!
Yeah I hope so!! She's a little bigger than I personally like since I'm barely 5'1 but she's a nice horse! Her younger full brother is turning out great too although they are very different.