Gun Control Laws And Opposition

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
It really is pretty clean, he said how about this Dodge? I looked and saw the Power Wagon hood and went Nope.

You want his number? Its just outside of Battle Ground, IN
No kidding!...Good old friend of mine lives right near there. Owns a tree service and landscaping business.

I got enough projects though....just picked up a second Willys FC-150 only a couple weeks ago. ;-p

black dog

Free America
No kidding!...Good old friend of mine lives right near there. Owns a tree service and landscaping business.

I got enough projects though....just picked up a second Willys FC-150 only a couple weeks ago. ;-p
Yep, this guy and his three brothers live a 6/10's of a mile mile outside of town following the rail tracks.lol. All born and raised there.
When he gave me directions to the farm from town the only thing missing was "open a beer"
Its a neat little town.
Ask your friend if the Prime Rib restaurant in town is worth the drive?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Tomato ... Tomateo

What is not present is a trigger group to drop a hammer on a firing pin
You are arguing the finer points with the wrong audience. ;-p

I placed a pretty big parts order today. Just to be safe. :whistle:

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

MD makes home-built guns illegal effective 1 June. Now the Feds are re-classifying 80% receivers as firearms. Circling the drain....
Well, actually, on June 1st, they ban the sale of "ghost guns", unserialized firearms, (basically unfinished unserialized receivers/frames), begins, which per Federal law, is already illegal. Possession becomes illegal on March 1, 2023. The bill does not state anywhere or anything that would prohibit a person from making their own firearm from scratch for their personal use though.

The scary part of the bill? They have created a firearms registry. The definition of firearm?
“Firearm” means: (i) a weapon that expels, is designed to expel, or may readily be converted to expel a projectile by the action of an explosive; [or] (ii) the frame or receiver of such a weapon

(A) THE SECRETARY SHALL MAINTAIN A SYSTEM TO REGISTER FIREARMS
IMPRINTED WITH SERIAL NUMBERS UNDER § 5–703(B)(2)(II) OF THIS SUBTITLE. (B) REGISTRATION DATA PROVIDED FOR REGISTRATION IS NOT OPEN TO PUBLIC INSPECTION.

§ 5–703(B)(2)(II): THE FIREARM: 1. HAS BEEN IMPRINTED BY A FEDERALLY LICENSED FIREARMS DEALER, FEDERAL FIREARMS MANUFACTURER, OR OTHER FEDERAL LICENSEE AUTHORIZED TO PROVIDE MARKING SERVICES, WITH

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Possession becomes illegal on March 1, 2023. The bill does not state anywhere or anything that would prohibit a person from making their own firearm from scratch for their personal use though.
Pray tell...how could/would they tell if I made an AR lower from scratch, machining from billet, or using an 80% lower?

black dog

Free America
If I may ...

Well, actually, on June 1st, they ban the sale of "ghost guns", unserialized firearms, (basically unfinished unserialized receivers/frames), begins, which per Federal law, is already illegal. Possession becomes illegal on March 1, 2023. The bill does not state anywhere or anything that would prohibit a person from making their own firearm from scratch for their personal use though.

The scary part of the bill? They have created a firearms registry. The definition of firearm?
“Firearm” means: (i) a weapon that expels, is designed to expel, or may readily be converted to expel a projectile by the action of an explosive; [or] (ii) the frame or receiver of such a weapon

(A) THE SECRETARY SHALL MAINTAIN A SYSTEM TO REGISTER FIREARMS
IMPRINTED WITH SERIAL NUMBERS UNDER § 5–703(B)(2)(II) OF THIS SUBTITLE. (B) REGISTRATION DATA PROVIDED FOR REGISTRATION IS NOT OPEN TO PUBLIC INSPECTION.

§ 5–703(B)(2)(II): THE FIREARM: 1. HAS BEEN IMPRINTED BY A FEDERALLY LICENSED FIREARMS DEALER, FEDERAL FIREARMS MANUFACTURER, OR OTHER FEDERAL LICENSEE AUTHORIZED TO PROVIDE MARKING SERVICES, WITH

What about all the pre 1968 firearms that were manufactured with out numbers?

Bare-ya-cuda

Pray tell...how could/would they tell if I made an AR lower from scratch, machining from billet, or using an 80% lower?

They won’t. Only tale tell sign they know of is it won’t have a serial number. Put your own serial and model number on it when you build it.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
They won’t. Only tale tell sign they know of is it won’t have a serial number. Put your own serial and model number on it when you build it.
I'm seeing various opinions on the legality of serializing your own. And some FFL holders are already on record stating they won't serialize firearms built by others.

Bare-ya-cuda

I'm seeing various opinions on the legality of serializing your own. And some FFL holders are already on record stating they won't serialize firearms built by others.

As of right now the only federal regulation pertaining to serial numbers on the ATF site is one only has to serialize their home build firearm if they intend to sell it. Markings at a minimum .003” depth and 1/16” font size and not match any other serial numbers of your home builds.

In the attached bill Maryland is requiring zip code , initials and a number that doesn’t match any other number you have used.

So if you say bought an AR from a pawn shop in Florida back in the 90’s it will have a serial number on it in accordance with ATF regs if it was a home build. The person may not be aware that it was a home build. How can they tell? Mostly what I see when an officer encounters a legal gun owner they run the serial number to ensure the firearm is stolen.

As with all gun control laws they are written by idiots.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
As of right now the only federal regulation pertaining to serial numbers on the ATF site is one only has to serialize their home build firearm if they intend to sell it. Markings at a minimum .003” depth and 1/16” font size and not match any other serial numbers of your home builds.

In the attached bill Maryland is requiring zip code , initials and a number that doesn’t match any other number you have used.

So if you say bought an AR from a pawn shop in Florida back in the 90’s it will have a serial number on it in accordance with ATF regs if it was a home build. The person may not be aware that it was a home build. How can they tell? Mostly what I see when an officer encounters a legal gun owner they run the serial number to ensure the firearm is stolen.

As with all gun control laws they are written by idiots.
I'll certainly continue to follow the bouncing ball on the serialization as it affects MD owners specifically.

black dog

Free America
I would assume it will be like having a homebuilt can or sbr when your paperwork comes back and taking it to the laser engraver to be done to specs.
A1 Uniform gunshop in brentwood does it.