Handgun background checks...

bulldog

Yet, none of the FFLs that we deal with will release our guns. :frown:

The list of those who are releasing is growing daily as they receive updated information about the process. It may be worth checking back with them o, if you post their name here I can tell you if they are now on the "yes" list.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
The list of those who are releasing is growing daily as they receive updated information about the process. It may be worth checking back with them o, if you post their name here I can tell you if they are now on the "yes" list.

Cromwell's Firearms..

Thanks!~

bulldog

Cromwell's Firearms..

Thanks!~

He is not on either list, yet. I'll try to call him later and find out what his position is. Until then, here is the most recent status list:

Dealers Releasing without MSP 77R Return:
Those with a question mark I am unsure of their requirements for release

2 A Sales & Supplies, Jessup: None
A1 Uniform Sales Company, Brentwood: Previous "ND" or DC Letter
Baltimore's Best Pawn, Finksburg: DC Letter or Previous "ND"
Bank Gun & Pawn, Havre de Grace:?
Barts Sports World, Glen Burnie: None
Bobs Sunoco, Callaway: Sign a Waiver
Bollinger Gunsmithing and Sales, Taneytown: None
Constitutional Firearms, Laurel: None
Duffy's Gun Room, Sparks: Own NICS
Engage Armament, Rockville: Previous "ND" or DC Letter
Keystone Sporting Goods, Hagerstown: None
J&K Pawn, Havre De Grace: None
On Target, Severn: Sign a Waiver
Shooters Discount, Mt Airy: Owners Discretion
South Carroll Sporting Goods: None
Sure Shot Firearms and Tactical, Pasadena: Previous "ND"

Dealers Waiting for MSP 77R:
3 R Gun Shop, Hagerstown
A & D Pawn Shop, Glen Burnie
All Pawn, White Plains
Atlantic Guns, Rockville/Silver Spring: Change pending receipt of "letter"?
Anglers Sport Center Ltd, Annapolis
Bass Pro Shops, Hanover
Blue Fins, Dundalk: Wants NICS #, official word from ATF and MSP
Continental Arms, Timonium
Clyde's Sport Shop, Halethorpe: Change Pending Clarification with MSP, ATF, and Attorney
Freestate Gun Range, White Marsh: Will not release without NICS, approval from MSP and ATF
Gander Mountain, Salisbury
Gun Shack, Mt Airy
Gun Shop, Essex
Gunrunners, Frederick
Hendershots Hagerstown: Change Pending Clarification with MSP, ATF, and Attorney
Horst & McCann Inc, Bel Air: Solid NO
Just Guns Inc, Parkville
Maryland Small Arms Range, Upper Marlboro
Mountain View Gunsmithing LLC, Frederick: Change Pending Clarification with MSP, ATF, and Attorney
NSK Sales, Boring
Pasadena Pawn and Gun, Pasadena
Realco Guns, Forestville
Scotts, Glen Burnie: Change Pending Clarification with MSP, ATF, and Attorney
Tackle Box, Lexington Park
Target Acquired, Waldorf
West Carroll Arms, New Windsor

sockgirl77

Cromwell's Firearms..

Thanks!~

Cromwell has one of the bf's guns. I know as of Friday he was not releasing on the 8th day. Tackle Box has another of his. All Pawn has mine. We're making calls to all 3 today. All Pawn has been great and Cromwell is a hell of a guy. Cromwell could not order my gun and that's the only reason that I didn't go through him. Tackle Box is another story. We will not ever go through them for anything again. They are unorganized and not very pleasant to deal with. Not to mention that he's purchased 2 guns from them in the past year or so that have been damaged. Not sure if it is the company that they got them from or something that happened at their shop, but the whole process was a PITA.

sockgirl77

He is not on either list, yet. I'll try to call him later and find out what his position is. Until then, here is the most recent status list:

3 R Gun Shop, Hagerstown
All Pawn, White PlainsAtlantic Guns, Rockville/Silver Spring: Change pending receipt of "letter"?
Bass Pro Shops, Hanover
Clyde's Sport Shop, Halethorpe: Change Pending Clarification with MSP, ATF, and Attorney
Freestate Gun Range, White Marsh: Will not release without NICS, approval from MSP and ATF
Gun Shack, Mt Airy
Gun Shop, Essex
Gunrunners, Frederick
Hendershots Hagerstown: Change Pending Clarification with MSP, ATF, and Attorney
Just Guns Inc, Parkville
Mountain View Gunsmithing LLC, Frederick: Change Pending Clarification with MSP, ATF, and Attorney
NSK Sales, Boring
Realco Guns, Forestville
Tackle Box, Lexington ParkTarget Acquired, Waldorf

:ohwell:

Day 85. :coffee:

ZARA

Cromwell has one of the bf's guns. I know as of Friday he was not releasing on the 8th day. Tackle Box has another of his. All Pawn has mine. We're making calls to all 3 today. All Pawn has been great and Cromwell is a hell of a guy. Cromwell could not order my gun and that's the only reason that I didn't go through him. Tackle Box is another story. We will not ever go through them for anything again. They are unorganized and not very pleasant to deal with. Not to mention that he's purchased 2 guns from them in the past year or so that have been damaged. Not sure if it is the company that they got them from or something that happened at their shop, but the whole process was a PITA.

We order and purchase our guns via GunBroker.com and then have them shipped to our FFL. GunBroker has great prices and it's worth looking into if you don't want to pay out the wazoo for local guns.

smilin

BOXER NATION

3 R Gun Shop, Hagerstown
All Pawn, White Plains
Atlantic Guns, Rockville/Silver Spring: Change pending receipt of "letter"?
Bass Pro Shops, Hanover
Gun Shack, Mt Airy
Gun Shop, Essex
Gunrunners, Frederick
Just Guns Inc, Parkville
NSK Sales, Boring
Realco Guns, Forestville
Tackle Box, Lexington Park
Target Acquired, Waldorf

Being that we are in Maryland, the state which every young lawyer knows is the Land of Peasants being Sued by somebody, I will bet the first person the FFLs called about the 8 day release were their attorneys.
They probably differed in their opinions, but by the looks of it a majority told their clients that the only way to avoid any liability, is not to release anything until they received a written approval.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
We order and purchase our guns via GunBroker.com and then have them shipped to our FFL. GunBroker has great prices and it's worth looking into if you don't want to pay out the wazoo for local guns.

So do we..generally. But I have to give Bob (Bob's Sunoco) credit; he's sold me some at very competitive prices.

sockgirl77

I checked there. Prices ranged from $360-450 for my gun. I got mine in VA for $428 total, including the transfer fees. Even if I had gotten it through Gun Broker, I'd still be on this obnoxious wait list. :ohwell:

ZARA

I'd still be on this obnoxious wait list. :ohwell:
True. :huggy:

When I was checking around for the gun I wanted, all the local places had it for 450+. I got mine for 300 and that included FFL fees. We saved an additional 300 buying my husband's on GunBroker. If the local guys had wanted to haggle, we could have made some deals, but they didn't want to haggle. Maybe it's because I'm a girl?

sockgirl77

True. :huggy:

When I was checking around for the gun I wanted, all the local places had it for 450+. I got mine for 300 and that included FFL fees. We saved an additional 300 buying my husband's on GunBroker. If the local guys had wanted to haggle, we could have made some deals, but they didn't want to haggle. Maybe it's because I'm a girl?

I'm a girl and I had no problem haggling a decent price on my gun. The guys at Big Dogs in King George were great They thought I was a hoot when I went in asking about a pink gun that I HAD to have and if they had any matching accessories.:lmao:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Stopped by this morning and took possession of the one they put the paperwork in for back the first week of April. Signed a simple waiver and off I went.:yahoo:

Chris0nllyn

Stopped by this morning and took possession of the one they put the paperwork in for back the first week of April. Signed a simple waiver and off I went.:yahoo:

Well, what'd ya get?

I want to get something some kinda bad...my better half has other plans.

Who needs a new house anyway?

Shaolin_Raptor

I can't wait to get my .357 now. When I thought it was going to be 90 days, it was ok. Now that it will be 8 it seems like sooooooooooooooooooooooo long.